• 1 Post By pink_panda
  • 2 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By pink_panda

Thread: ODSP - Denture Coverage

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi,

Just wondering anyone here is on ODSP or know someone who is on the program and need dentures.

I tried calling the case worker but she's not in the office and it's making me a bit anxious.

Sorry for the long story...but here goes...

Two months ago:

My mom need dentures so she went to her regular dentist, and the secretary called ODSP/Great West Life (GWL is the insurance company that handles dental coverage etc., for Ontario Works and ODSP) for a pre-determination quote for my mom.

Great West Life replied and we found out coverage about is 40% to 50% (roughly), but my mom still needs to pay over $600 for both top and bottom dentures.

My mom cannot afford it, so she asked the secretary if she can lower the bill or suggest other options.

The secretary suggested to go to a Denturist and see what they say.

Today:

My mom went in to see a Denturist and the secretary called Great West Life but said the coverage was terminated.

Terminated? What does this mean?...

I called my mom's case worker right away but so far she's not picking up her phone....

The Denturist's secretary can only say that 1) call the case worker and 2) go back to the family dentist and sign a paper saying my mom will won't be using their service for the dentures.

But this whole thing is making worried because I Google'd and it said if coverage is terminated then it means ODSP was ceased.

This can't be right, because we didn't get any letters or notices and my mom received her October payment.

So, does anyone know what the problem might be? Could it be that the family dentist sent in a pre-determination 2 months ago and it expired? Or it's something else?

I tried calling the family dentist but the secretary who handled this is away (OMG! )

I'm getting a bit anxious...and I probably cannot go to sleep tonight thinking about this.

Anyone else have problems with ODSP and dental coverage?

And again, I'm sorry for such a long post.

Thank you for reading.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    angelapride likes this.
    Follow me on Tumblr or Twitter!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

you have to speak directly to the worker.

GWL will handle the claims and paperwork, but they don't determine why a person's coverage is disrupted. ( if it actually is)
    no one will ever actually discuss your mom's personal info with the dentist or denturist or any health professional.

there must be a mixup if you weren't expecting coverage to be terminated.

i hope everything works out
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sorry, i backed up and read that again.

Are you sure she said it is terminated? Maybe she only said that your mother isn't qualified for coverage for a denture with the denturist. if the dentist has already received an approval for coverage for the denture, then another denture quote would not be given approval with another office.

it sounds like someone has misheard info, or not conveyed info very clearly
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Shwa Girl and angelapride like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    ODSP does not cover dentures, but OW does, and you can access the OW coverage through your worker....which is why you have to go see your worker.
    Now I'm confused.
    I got this from the Ontario ODSP website. Is it wrong? Thx.
    If you are receiving Ontario Disability Support Program Income Support, you and your family may also be eligible to receive other benefits and supports:

• health benefits, such as prescription drug and dental coverage
    • disability-related benefits, such as help to pay for hearing aids
    • employment incentives and benefits, such as help to pay for child care costs or items you need for work
    • housing-related benefits, such as help to pay for emergency plumbing repairs
    • Transition Child Benefit.

For more information about the benefits available to you, contact your local Ontario Disability Support Program office.
    http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/pr...its/index.aspx

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Shwa Girl likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Can someone explain this line \/???

If you are receiving Ontario Disability Support Program Income Support, you and your family may also be eligible to receive other benefits and supports:

to the OP. it may be that GWL is no longer under that health care provider. and ODSP is using a new health coverage?
    im not sure. we've never looked into this. I would continue calling tomorrow morning to either speak to your Mom's ODSP caseworker. OR someone who can answer your question. IF the ODSP is on vacation or away, they usally have someone else filling in for them. I wish you luck and hope you find some answers.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Case worker still hasn't called me back and neither has the family dentist.

I get very anxious over little things.

So I think I will try again tomorrow morning and see if the case worker is back.

But thanks everyone, it's nice to know there are people around trying to help.
    lecale likes this.
    Follow me on Tumblr or Twitter!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i hope everything gets cleared up
    Last edited by anisa; Thu, Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
    R

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think ODPC does not cover Denture. I am agree with Lecale' s point of view you have to access OW covrage through your worker.I wish every think was ok.
    Portraits By Mina Okaville Photographers is famous portrait photographer and offer good services like family portraits, business portraits and executive portraits.

Thread Information