User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Can you use the old el paso $2 coupon, with cutout coupon $4 off meat

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Is this allowed, or is this stacking? Can you use the $2 coupon off a kit (save.ca), with the $4 cutout coupon from the kits earlier in the year?
    This thread is currently associated with: Save.ca Coupons

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

depends how you were using it, if you were buying only one taco kit it and using the 2 coupons in the same trip it would be stacking but if you were buying 2 taco kits it wouldnt be stacking. Sorry i dont know what the details are on the 4$ taco kit...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Sorry, it's the $4 Fresh Meat - Ground Beef or Ground Chicken or Boneless Skinless Chicken WUB Old El Paso Salsa AND Old El Paso Kit. So can you use the coupon for the taco kit and a coupon for the salsa, and still get $4 in fresh meat. If that makes sense?
    scbpooh likes this.

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    Sorry, it's the $4 Fresh Meat - Ground Beef or Ground Chicken or Boneless Skinless Chicken WUB Old El Paso Salsa AND Old El Paso Kit. So can you use the coupon for the taco kit and a coupon for the salsa, and still get $4 in fresh meat. If that makes sense?
    you should be able to but it depends on the way the cashier thinks

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chesterjes View Post
    you should be able to but it depends on the way the cashier thinks
    That's what I thought, but just wanted to double check before I do it. We have 3 family dinners this weekend with the various sides, and we decided to do "ethnic" (as my mom says) one night, instead of 3 turkeys in one weekend. So, we're toying with chinese takeout, but I like the idea of a huge taco/fajita night, hence, if we decide, I'm buying a big pile of salsa, beans, kits and meats. With the amount of salsa our family of 15-20 can eat (depends who comes), that would deplete my home made stuff, so I want to use the el paso coupons.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    that is stacking, you shouldn't be able to. the salsa and taco kit are a bundle with the fresh meat coupon.
    Natalka likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

If you are only using one coupon per item, then it's not stacking. Enjoy the savings!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Hence, my confusion

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would think in Ontario no - it's different out west.

But like was posted above, I would consider the meat+kit+salsa coupon to be a bundle - like the P&G coupons where you need to buy 3 products to get $$ off - we can't combine those with individual $$ off coupons here in Ontario.
    elusive likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Don't see why not. I used the FPC Taco kit and the $4 coupon in 1 transaction.
    Frugalbigmama likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

One coupon per item is not stacking. There is always a chance the cashier will say no to it however. And it's not a "bundle" coupon. Is it not $4 off the MEAT when you buy a kit and salsa? Therefore you are using the $4 coupon on the meat, which it is for, and the $2 coupon on the kit. If it was worded $4 off when you buy meat, a taco kit, and salsa, then no, you can't use $4 off when you buy meat, a taco and salsa, and then use additional coupons.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Its just like using a B1G1 and say $1 off... i wouldnt call that stacking, Its using a coupon for each product.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    One coupon per item is not stacking. There is always a chance the cashier will say no to it however. And it's not a "bundle" coupon. Is it not $4 off the MEAT when you buy a kit and salsa? Therefore you are using the $4 coupon on the meat, which it is for, and the $2 coupon on the kit. If it was worded $4 off when you buy meat, a taco kit, and salsa, then no, you can't use $4 off when you buy meat, a taco and salsa, and then use additional coupons.
    That's how I took it, but just wanted to double check! This was a stumper for me, even with couponing for a few years! It could be, just fatigue and overthinking it.

I'll have to see how it goes. We're doing chinese takeout instead, but I will keep that in mind to use before sales they expire in December. We have taco night every other week or so, so I'll stock up before then.

My cashiers at the RCSS I go to, almost never give me an issue with price matching, couponing, or both combined. So, as long as it is good, they should be fine.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

You should be fine .... as noted above if you are buying two different products and one coupon off each - stacking is when all the coupons refer to the same product. Love your idea for an alternate dinner idea
    kellyanna_99 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    Its just like using a B1G1 and say $1 off... i wouldnt call that stacking, Its using a coupon for each product.
    True, but for reference sake, many stores here in Ontario do not allow the use of both coupons - only a B1G1.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information