User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Mirena IUD

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I have an appt Thursday for the IUD, mine will be hormone free so I am assuming they are two different things? Cause I sure do like my hair..

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    To be quite honest I'd really bring these concerns up to your doctor as to whether these are normal side effects. Also seeing what options are available to maybe help with the hair loss - maybe taking more of a certain vitamin or something similar?

I never concidered Mirena because of how expensive it is for people without coverage and because of how uncomfortable I've heard it is to have it inserted.

I was on Depo-provera and loved it...except the weight gain. Was on it for at least 5 years, only thing is you need to have a bone density test done every so often to make sure you can continue on it.
    I was on depo for 3+ years and it was the cause of my infertility and made me depressed - and felt horrible coming off of it plus got pregnant & miscarried on it. I am thinking after the change starts in about 4 years to go on IUD or lose dose birth control. But after reading the side effect of IUD might do the lose dose BC

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i want to get this one. I have the non hormone IUD and it is awful. I hate my period in the first place and dont want kids yet cant get a hysterectomy as no doc will do it. With the one I have it makes my period 2 weeks long and so heavy I get sick. I had to start birth control pills again just to stop that. I started the IUD to stop pills... so kinda funny how that worked out. The pills now make me nauseous all the time which was the reason why I stopped them in the first place. But i guess its better then 2 week long periods.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Makes me think I'll hold out for a guy with a vasectomy

Well, I have a cousin who was conceived a year after his father had a vasectomy. Ooops said the doctor. Now having that happen is a true test of the trust that does or does not exist in a marriage!

We went the vasectomy route ourselves. Used a different doctor than my uncle, though!

Back on topic. OP, please go to your doctor to ensure that what you are experiencing is in fact from the IUD. While they may be side effects, it is always wise to have things checked out.
    Last edited by DianneS; Tue, Oct 15th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Natalka and MillieH like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

I am on my second one and love it.....no weight gain or hair loss....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I have the copper Paraguard one, (its without hormones), actually on my 2nd IUD, got mine when my daughter was 2, got my second last summer, love, love, love my IUD I can't recommend it more.

The first 6 months I had it back in 2005 I had quite heavy periods... but now they're fabulous, no worrying about remembering pills (I got pregnant on the pill), no weight gain (I tried Depo before my IUD) I recommend the copper IUD myself over the Minera
    tthomp47 likes this.
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I am a user of Mirena. Although the insertion was pretty painful, and it definately hasn't stopped my periods I have no side effects.
    Weight gain, well I can't blame that on the IUD, that is all me for sure.

Not sure if I will get another one put in. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about have the insertion done again...lol

Trading Score
    89 (100%)

My DH was going to get snipped for us after baby #2, but then my OB told me about Mirena & asked me to try it first before mutilating him lol.
    I had it inserted may 2012 and after the initial 3 months of a CONSTANT period (that was super scary - had it inserted in May & I went back in July to see if everything was ok cuz of the bleeding, my OB said "If it hasn't stopped by September call me again"). Anyways, it did stop and I have had like MAYBE 1 day of bleeding every 3-4 months. I love it - it's amazing for no periods!
    Luckily none of the weight gain (that I didn't incur myself , no hair loss and it was partly covered by DH's benefits.
    The only thing I'm worried about is getting a new one in 5 years. It was not very comfortable going in....i hope its better coming out! :O
    Sunshyne1 likes this.
    I'm always willing to trade from my stockpile of Samples
    for your coupons!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

i would suggest you to see a doctor , weight gain is one of the most common side effects ,your doctor can suggest something else that is more suitable for you

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I would be concerned about not having periods and what it does to the rest of my body.. Lots of people take meds to stop the symptoms of one thing without realising there will be some effect on other parts of their body.
    filza, Natalka, DianneS and 2 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

senior canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (96%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I would be concerned about not having periods and what it does to the rest of my body.. Lots of people take meds to stop the symptoms of one thing without realising there will be some effect on other parts of their body.
    Exactly,I was flipping through the whole thread and was thinking......Am I the only one who is against distrubing the natual cycle???
    LIVE SIMPLE, hijinx25 and MillieH like this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by filza View Post
    Exactly,I was flipping through the whole thread and was thinking......Am I the only one who is against distrubing the natual cycle???
    Nahhh not me..Im about to be 42, have had 3 kids...Im DONE. Disturb that natural cycle, bring on the NO PERIODS! I just hate the weight gain and thinning hair.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I think I would rather keep my cycle and not torture myself...I think about creepy things like cancer, and other nasty horrific outcomes.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    Nahhh not me..Im about to be 42, have had 3 kids...Im DONE. Disturb that natural cycle, bring on the NO PERIODS! I just hate the weight gain and thinning hair.
    What about seriously talking to your husband about him getting a vasectomy?

In my case, it would have been dangerous for me to have a tubal, and once my husband got all the information, he agreed to have a vasectomy. I went to see the urologist with him, then it was done later in outpatients at the hospital - scheduled for a Friday so he had recovery time over the weekend.
    It's really such a relatively minor procedure for them to go through, compared to what a woman has to go through.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    What about seriously talking to your husband about him getting a vasectomy?
    It's really such a relatively minor procedure for them to go through, compared to what a woman has to go through.
    Well Natalka, Im 42...and my boyfriend isnt even 30 yet! LOL!...so...yeah.
    IMLN likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information