User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: My awful experience in shoppers drug mart with using $5 stayfree coupon

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Heatherwake I was in the USA sent my daughter she got 8 packs! Ahhh I had another 7 coupons ... She's learning lol dd love her next sale coupons are good till April 2014
    HeatherWake likes this.
    wamme
    innisfil ontario

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by wamme View Post
    Heatherwake I was in the USA sent my daughter she got 8 packs! Ahhh I had another 7 coupons ... She's learning lol dd love her next sale coupons are good till April 2014
    So cute WAMME...how old is DD?

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughngal View Post
    did u make 24 transactions?
    Just about...I made SEVERAL transactions, in several stores, using several different people with me. No worries, Im not a coupon cheater.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    Just about...I made SEVERAL transactions, in several stores, using several different people with me. No worries, Im not a coupon cheater.
    My mom and I do that many times. This also avoids shelf clearing. We are lucky that we have a huge variety of stores and many of each close by.

OP... what a craphead that manager was ... probly just jealous ..
    leymi15 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

It was a very misleading coupon with the large print saying buy any product and the small print at the bottom with the size restriction.
    I just avoid stores that give me a hard time now. It's hardly worth the stress and I don't want to give them my business. That said I would call head office and complain. Two people can't be considered one when it suits them. That's ridiculous.
    leymi15 and tasha313 like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that's unfortunate. I had an issue with using my coupon as well. I find not a lot of people have good customer service skills. My cashier wouldn't listen to me, talk over me, when she called the supervisor, he seemed to have trouble reading...I just find it interesting that many of my coupon troubles happen at Shoppers

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would complain to head office. I once had a similar experience (mine was where a battery charger rang up for the wrong price and the cashier had no idea what a SCOP was). Same type thing where the Manager 'wasn't available'. SO, I wrote SDM an email about my experience and they were quite fast in responding - they totally apologized and the store manager emailed me as well and they sent me a $10 gift card.
    Last edited by staceymic; Tue, Oct 15th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Could you not have them call the 1-800 number while you wait? Another poster did that successfully.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

go to price smart to pm
    they r open till midnite here in richmond
    i didnt have any issues and even used the wub2 get 1 free tear pad with it lol

Quote Originally Posted by lucy2011 View Post
    Vancouver, BC, I went there at around 10:30pm. Most of shoppers near by were closed at that time.
    hijinx25 likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I went to shoppers drug mart on Sunday night for using the new Stayfree buy 2 get $5 OFF coupon cuz stayfree was on sale for $2.49 on Sat and Sun(Oct 12&13). I brought 4 packs of stayfree to cashier with 2 stayfree coupons. She read the coupons again and again and didn't take any actions because of “big” value of the coupons, then she called supervisor who checked the coupons. The supervisor read the coupon very carefully.

Finally he told me the coupon was” limit one coupon per purchase and per person”.

I said:” OK. Please do me two transactions please. I have a friend here.
    I will buy two packs and my friend will buy another 2 packs.”

The supervisor said” No. I only treat you guys as one person. “

I said” I have two persons here, how can you treat us as one person?” It doesn't make senses.

He kept saying” The coupons are not for sale products.”

I said” the coupon doesn’t say only for regular price products.”

The supervisor kept finding the excuses to turn down my coupons. The supervisor said: “The coupon doesn’t say for sale products, either.” That’s so ridiculous respond.

The supervisor continued to say “The coupon value is over the product value, we don’t accept those coupons. “

I said ”If the value of the coupon exceeds the value of the product, the coupon is to be processed as equal to the scanned retail of the product. That’s your company’s policy. “The supervisor said NO and didn't respond any more.

I requested to see the manager; the supervisor said the manager was not here. I can leave my name and phone number, the manager will contact me tomorrow. For privacy purpose, I didn't leave my info. Since there was a long customer line behind me and they were all looking at me, I didn't argue with them any more. But I still felt unhappy with my shopping experience. I want to complain the supervisor he didn't know about the coupon policy as a store supervisor. Should I do that? Have anyone met the same situation as me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your demise but I have a rant on this also. My DH was refused the cpn on the panty liners as" head office told them to do so. He cannot get the items for free". He bought them at a store in Richmond Hill,On so they will be returned today & repurchased at $2.99 + $5 cpn. I'll call the HO also b4 going( didnt have a chance yesterday).... Had it been me in the store, I would not have purchased them upon hearing that lame excuse.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh? The Carefree 52 counts and 60 counts are also on sale for $2.49. Even though I was not buying the carefree liners, I was turning down by "the value of coupon exceeds the value of products." not by the product size. If the store told me the coupons were not good for stayfree, I can still use them for carefree. But the store did not want to sell me.
    Our SDM won't let us use a coupon over the amount, even if a penny difference.
    Also, we can only use one coupon.

Vote with your feet; shop elsewhere.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    YES!! DEFINITELY complain to head office....just maybe don't refer to the supervisor as a "rotten crotch"! Though THAT made me spit water through my nose, hilarious, thanks Momto3girlies!
    it is what it is, LOL ! ! . . yah, I don't suggest name calling - - but I sure would call the head office and complain ! ! We are woman hear us ROAR ! ! Never mess with us and our pads 'n panty liners !!
    tasha313 and HeatherWake like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    that's unfortunate. I had an issue with using my coupon as well. I find not a lot of people have good customer service skills. My cashier wouldn't listen to me, talk over me, when she called the supervisor, he seemed to have trouble reading...I just find it interesting that many of my coupon troubles happen at Shoppers
    Yup!! All my coupon troubles at my shoppers too. They read however they want , only want to accept only ONE of each coupon and and and ...
    I go to another .. Thankfully for me I have a couple in the area and another couple a little farther out when I'm around that area

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i would avoid doing couponing at SDM as much as possible, unless walmart don't have the items in stock to pm, then I have to make my way to SDM. But every time I walk in with coupon I would hesitate. They had always been giving me nothing but problems! and this includes inputting the wrong codes for FPC, which I end up paying taxes. anyways....OP need to complain to the head office

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

With all the different wording on coupons today, we must read them over very carefully, especially the small print. My suggestion, print out the store policy for all the stores you shop at, AND know the policy well yourself. IF, you are purchasing the correct product and using the coupon correctly and you are having an issue, it's most time easier to just leave it and contact the store manager or head office at a later time.

Arguing with a clerk or supervisor that already has their mind made up doesn't help you, nor the people in line behind you that are getting angry. My advise, life is to short to stress about a coupon. There are tons of SDM locations, just go to another one....and be sure your purchasing the correct product for the coupon. If it says there is a limit of 1 coupon per person, then just purchase enough for the one coupon. Much less stress that way.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and happy couponing!
    leymi15, Tabby40 and torontogal12 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information