User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Mothers with child designated parking

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I feel his pain. Many of us have had this happen. I'm not in a wheel chair, at least not yet and I thank the good lord for that. Sme days I use two canes, somedays I use one.....somedays I don't use any. I've had notes left, been yelled at and called nasty names too. We need to remember that what we see on the outside, is not always what's happening.

That person could have a body riddled with disease, have pain so sev you or I would be bedridden or even worse. If we learn never to judge others unfairly, without getting to first know them, we will have an amazing life. Ne filled with friendships and happiness. Life is so very short, no need to go through it unhappy and y at everyone who we THINK is unfairly parking or taking advantage of something.

We deserve to be happy, so I've learned not to judge or even stress about these sorts of things. I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday filled with happiness
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, let's clear a few things up. The store manager has control over the employees, & hopefully the cashier was at least spoken to about parking in the Pink Spot. Most employees are asked to park at the back of the lot. However, if you had a Handi-cap sign, that was the exception. The store manager does NOT have control over the parking lot. Most stores have parking enforcement drive through and issue tickets and/or have cars towed away if need be.
    I have a handi-capped sign and when the is NO handi-cap spots available, I WILL park in a pink spot. My view is that I am unable to walk as far as a person in their 20's or 30's, and those are courtousy spots & not required by law. Sorry people, but I have earned my due.
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I also have a parking permit. I don`t always use it...depends on the day. Some days if you saw me go into the store you would wonder why I park there. Hang around til I come back out and you will see why. If the spots are full I park as close to a cart corral as I can so I can lean on a cart.
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

My list of stories about "expectant mother, parents with SMALL children" spots could go on forever....

First off, I have a little guy 3.5 with a growth disorder. He is very small. People don't see him and run into him when he's just walking around, let alone in a car in the parking lot. He can't walk for very long because of his size. If a store has these spots we park in them.
    Plus right now I am very pregnant and yes, walking an extra 10 parking spaces is exhausting...

I have seen tons of cars with no car seats in them (that's my theory: if your kid doesn't need a car seat anymore then they can walk from a normal spot).

I have seen countless people park in these spots without kids, pregnant etc. Once it was two guys in a BMW and my husband asked them if they forgot their kid....

I had a lady once stand beside my car on the median smoking, watching me get my small child out of the car... disgusting...

And the best one of all actually happened to me not long ago. My workplace has an expectant mother spot, but our parking was moved for a festival for about a week. I take my husbands car to work (he has a vanity plate that starts with Mr. ) needless to say some idiot decided to assume that the person driving that car could no way be pregnant and left a rather insulting note on my windshield for me to discover when I "waddled" out to my car that night.....

I could go on and on.....
    peachies likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The spots around here actually specify on the signs, 'For expecting mothers and mothers of children up to 6 months.' I am not sure why the 6 month cut off. I always found it odd.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Thats how I am.. I seem /feel fine on the way in.. I use the scooter and come out 30 minutes later and you'd wonder what the heck happened..

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I also have a parking permit. I don`t always use it...depends on the day. Some days if you saw me go into the store you would wonder why I park there. Hang around til I come back out and you will see why. If the spots are full I park as close to a cart corral as I can so I can lean on a cart.
    Crochetlady likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    The spots around here actually specify on the signs, 'For expecting mothers and mothers of children up to 6 months.' I am not sure why the 6 month cut off. I always found it odd.

i think the 6 months cut off is to put a limit to what young child is or infant is.. some people might say that anything under 5 is young child or a 14 month is an infant
    Insane likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i think the 6 months cut off is to put a limit to what young child is or infant is.. some people might say that anything under 5 is young child or a 14 month is an infant
    Oh I know, I just mean the age cut off is one where it is difficult to really tell. It can be hard to tell the difference between a 6 month old and a 9 month old at times... And why six months? I just meant it just seems a weird choice for a cut off point, since it isn't like 6 months is a big common milestone, ie: walking, or anything.
    GoddessDigi likes this.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

The best is when you finally get one of these treasured spots (mom of two, 3 and 1) and you come back to your car and someone has parked over their line so you cannot even get your kid in the car.

Luckily a few times when this happened i had a friend with me who held kids so i could back up but education for all, it requires space to put kids in the car.... they should of made these spaces a bit wider to allow for this. But then people should know how to park too
    Ciel and bdkmosher like this.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

Or the # of times i go to the grocery store and the handicap and mother spots are full of shopping carts. Common people!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    Oh I know, I just mean the age cut off is one where it is difficult to really tell. It can be hard to tell the difference between a 6 month old and a 9 month old at times... And why six months? I just meant it just seems a weird choice for a cut off point, since it isn't like 6 months is a big common milestone, ie: walking, or anything.
    That is weird. It's a lot easier to carry a baby in a infant carrier in and out of the store than it is a 20 something pound wiggly toddler.
    GoddessDigi and bdkmosher like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information