User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: QOTD: Fri 18 Oct: Show your appreciation...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  thank you.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  50.3 KB
    Maybe a simple thank you, a hand written note , or some over the top gesture...
    How do you show someone you appreciate them and the things they do?
    ...when was the last time you did something?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    DANGER

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I always take the time to thank someone ...whether it's a cashier, a server, it really means so much to feel appreciated....and that simple thank you can make someone's day.......most people don't take the time to stop and realize that, that *y cashier might have been awake all night with her baby, or might have a terminally ill family member, and something like a simple hello really can mean a lot
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Last night I went to a work event - basically a networking/mingling thing that one of the admins organized. I sent off an email this morning just telling her how nice an event it was and that she did a great job.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm polite to everyone...got all my pleases and thank-yous on hand at all times. I've only made one snarky remark to a cashier once and that was this summer. But she deserved it.
    I see where there's opportunities to help or do something nice and I do it. Simple as that.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I try to ALWAYS,say please and thank you to everyone. I try to contact those that have sent special things to me, (I did tell you thank you right Lynn...). I got an apron from a lady once, I hadn't had one in years, it was (is) hand made with love, and I wear it every single day. I think of her each time I wear it and think how lucky I am to have her as part of my life my friends and family are so extremely important and special to me so sometime a Thank you just doesn't seem enough, however that's what I do.

i try to be very polite to cashiers, strangers, nice to animals and I'm trying to live out the balance of my life being as kind as possible to everyone. None of u s are perfect, but I feel, if we try, lot hats sufficient!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Please and thank you are a few of the words that are getting lost in this texting age. I try to make a point of thanking anyone who helps me in any little way. I really appreciate it when someone thanks me for what I have done for them.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I was rased to always say thank you and to show repect and appreciation. We also tried to teach this to our children. Guests are always in shock at our house because my 19 and 20 year old son and daughter always say thank you to me after each meal.

That said, sometimes a smile can go a long way to someone who needs it. I always try to smile at people. Most people smile back and only the odd one looks at me like I am crazy LOL

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I always have my manners close at hand - saying "please" and "thank you" is common courtesy. Usually, with a cashier, for instance, I usually say thank you and have a great day. I am glad, because my kids watch me, and now I see them thanking servers in restaurants for bringing them their food and/or beverages. Its nice to see my kids do this, because common courtesy really isnt that common!!!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm very quick to show gratitude! A thankful heart attracts a lot of goodwill. I wish I could thank women for wearing generous tops, but I think they can read my smile.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I try to ALWAYS,say please and thank you to everyone. I try to contact those that have sent special things to me, (I did tell you thank you right Lynn...). I got an apron from a lady once, I hadn't had one in years, it was (is) hand made with love, and I wear it every single day. I think of her each time I wear it and think how lucky I am to have her as part of my life my friends and family are so extremely important and special to me so sometime a Thank you just doesn't seem enough, however that's what I do.

i try to be very polite to cashiers, strangers, nice to animals and I'm trying to live out the balance of my life being as kind as possible to everyone. None of u s are perfect, but I feel, if we try, lot hats sufficient!
    I'm just happy it makes you smile some days, Sweetie....and reminds you how loved you are....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I'm very quick to show gratitude! A thankful heart attracts a lot of goodwill. I wish I could thank women for wearing generous tops, but I think they can read my smile.
    ...what to do with you.......

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always say thank you if someone holds the door open for me, a clerk is helpful, customer service over the phone is helpful etc. If someone sends me a card (birthday, Christmas etc) I always phone to let them know I received it, and appreciate the card. Same too with gifts. Please is also in my vocabulary.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It was so cute earlier today....we met out DD and grandson at Marble Slab for an ice-cream after his school and her work and when he was done, he asked if he could "please" be excused to bring the empty cups to the garbage!
    I could just squeeze him!!!! Which of course...I do.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I do nice things for others all the time... everything for helping family pick up some items for cheap to holding contests and teaching people how to spend less (I do not think I am the best at it but I do put forth the effort)... when I get a great cashier... i take the time to contact the company. I print off a couple extra coupons for cashiers to pass the deal on to them... I hand people in line behind me coupons for items they are buying to thank them for waiting and the list goes on and on... Most of us do things like this all the time and they just didn't list them.

Saying, doing and giving thankful kind gestures is in my opinion the very best way to keep yourself grounded and remember just how blessed of a life you have.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm always saying thank you or smiling at people as I pass or holding doors. Even if the person has been rude or doesn't notice or say thank you in return. I can't help it my dad's the same way. My mom and sil think we're crazy but why spend you're life being rude in return it doesn't make me feel better by ignoring someone else.

If someone close to me has done something for me that warrants a bigger thank you. I'll make them something...like something embroidered, knit/crochet, sewn, sketched, baked/cooked....or if it's my mother I'll clean something she's been neglecting due to long hours at work or dad I'll help him cut wood or clean the yard, etc (he bought a leafblower two weeks ago and damn it's fun to play with, lol).
    Lynn49, toban, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information