• 7 Post By oscarandme
  • 3 Post By coupon girl
  • 5 Post By RochelleL
  • 4 Post By web3

Thread: Counted up savings from last grocery trip to show DH, surprised

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So my DH is slightly skeptical of the overall savings you get when using coupons and pming, though to give him credit he never knew how much i was really saving. So i decided to take the time to calculate how much we saved on our last grocery trip by using: coupons, pming and buying on sale.

Total savings - 45.65

so instead of a grocery bill coming to 121.58 it came to 75.93, and i still got some really nice scented candles

Even I did not expect that, yah
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sometimes you have to show them not just tell them -sounds like you did awesome

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

That is a 37% savings... nice savings! (that is a pretty nice christmas prezzie for someone!)
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I know when I first started too, he looked at me like I was fibing and I am not good with money and used to run away from the flyers because was too overwhelming. Now about 10 months into it, well for a while now he brings me the flyers before HE reviews them and then asks ME what we are getting. I couldn't do it without the team at SC though. This really has been the best school of learning about something I have ever had that makes me happy, has such an impact and I haven't quit yet.

You keep wowing him and let us know about it. Congratulations on your savings and thanks for sharing with us.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sometimes you have to keep telling them -lasrt night I watched money moron -nothing was on t.v-so hubby stopped to watch for a few minutes -gail said your spending is out of control -so then hubby said to me yep you are coming in with to many bags lately-well I told him I am not out spending on clothing -and I got double the deal at shoppers dear I said -sometimes he thinks why when their is only 2 of us -he also grew up in a house with 6 of them 5 boys 1 girl when his fridge never had food in it -my mom only had the 2 of us kids (she raised 2 others form a first marriage) and she was always shopping -but she never used coupons -so I have to still tell hubby after 20 some odd years of couponing

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dannygirl18 View Post
    So my DH is slightly skeptical of the overall savings you get when using coupons and pming, though to give him credit he never knew how much i was really saving. So i decided to take the time to calculate how much we saved on our last grocery trip by using: coupons, pming and buying on sale.

Total savings - 45.65

so instead of a grocery bill coming to 121.58 it came to 75.93, and i still got some really nice scented candles

Even I did not expect that, yah

I do the same thing every week for the past 2 years and put I actually opened up an account to put the savings into. This way you can actually see your savings grow...... This past summer my husband and I went on a trip to Washington with the savings.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

My hubby was like "I don't know how we have paid off our Visa card this past 2.5 months, but we have!"
    I told him it's because I have been spending considerably less each week on groceries. Anywhere from $50-$80. I used to spend $90-$120.
    Our cupboards are stocked and our freezer is full!
    Even when we are completly out of debt, I still plan on couponing...it's in my blood now! lol

Thread Information