User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Canada Post Rant

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

DD ordered boots from American Eagle and "Item out for delivery" on Oct 21 at 13:18 from Windsor/Mississauga. Doorbell never rang and I did not get notice to pick up at SDM post office. I went to SDM yesterday and the package was not there. They told me to call today after 1:00. Called SDM today after 1:00 and still not there. So website says "Item arrived at postal facility. Item on hold." I called the 1-866 number and that didn't help me, I wanted to talk to a real person. So I went to online chat, got Sanjay and gave him my info. He was no help at all. He said package should be delivered today, and if not, contact the sender and ask them to request to track the package. I told DD my problem. I said the package is at the plant, so why can't he tell the plant to put the package in the truck because I gave him the tracking number. DD read the whole online chat and said the guy's name is Sanjay. He's probably in India. OMG!! Like all CS, they outsource to India, like Zellers. Now I have to stalk the mailman and make him get my package. AARRGGHH!!
    This thread is currently associated with: American Eagle, Canada Post, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Zellers
    Last edited by couponmummy; Wed, Oct 23rd, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is probably on hold at Gateway/Mississauga perhaps for customs examination. You will get another email when it is released.

Paul
    lecale likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Got my package. This is not my regular mailman. Who delivers mail at 8:00PM. My regular guy delivers before 1:30PM. I like him because he looks like Vin Diesel.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, similar Canada Post mess up happened to us too. Same thing with the 800 customer service number too! Had to ask the supervisor at 1-800 (they were from Canada), to call the local postal outlet. Was resolved in one business day. Not too happy with Canada Post delivery these days.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ladies....haven't you been listening for the last year or more?? CP has changed their ENTIRE method of sorting and delivery. Yes it is called PT, Postal Transformation. couponmommy, who delivers mail at 8:00 p.m. you ask?? Well, the REGULAR carriers that's who! I have known many that worked past 9:30 p.m. on a regular basis, they are exhausted physically and mentally.

CP changed the starting times of all of the delivery agents and the second wave ( later start times ) begin somewhere around 10:00 a.m. up to as late as 12:30 p.m. so their finishing time is between 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. BUT they nearly always have to work much longer....it is rarely an 8 hour day anymore. technical glitches in the hand held devices they need WiFi for is often down, so many other delays internally causing a domino effect of failures right across the whole system.
    They FORCE their carriers to work overtime, intimidate them constantly.

Your regular guy, who congrats to you that he looks anything like Vin Diesel ( swoon!) delivers your mail before 1:30 either because your area has not been changed over to the new system yet OR your street just happens to be on the beginning of his route. ( thank your lucky stars that you are not at the end of his run)
    He might also be a first wave worker whose day starts anywhere from 7:15 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. These first and second wave employees now have to share a sortation case, so if the first wave guy is held back from getting out for deliveries, and still using the case, the late guy scrambles around hoping to find an empty case to use, ( complete chaos at times)

So even though there is a whole frustration over parcels not being tracked properly, and some coming late at night.....remember the workers DID NOT vote for this ridiculous method of delivery, management forced it upon us all!

Glad you actually got your parcel delivered though.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 09:31 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

lecale, I have been almost ranting about this new delivery model for nearly 2 years, but ugh!! Some people think that it is always a lazy postie and it is simply not the case. I would like to see some of these complainers continuing to do their job with 1 hand tied behind their back, with a supervisor breathing down their neck asking " why are you so slow??! " lol
    hahah just wait till the white stuff hits the ground! The delays will be even worse!
    macw1960, lecale, xox2010 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

If this is the case, I strongly urge everyone to start buying Christmas presents online soon to ensure you get your package on time.
    walkonby, keeko1 and web3 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    interesting WOB, I noticed my regular mail time has moved from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm but I didn't know we were being "transformed". We still get our package mail just before 9:00 am (we are at the start of the route) but they are good enough to hit the house on the way back to the depot at the end of the day around 5-6 pm if they need a signature and we didn't answer the door. Or maybe we have not been "transformed" yet. Anyway, love Canada Post over all other carriers. Our street has been ripped up for new plumbing ;-) and there is no more sidewalk temporarily and some freaking deep holes (I mean 20-30 feet) and somehow it has not affected service a bit. Very brave postie because I am too chicken to go near the construction myself. Love love love CP and hope they continue door to door service for the lucky 1/3 that get it in the future.
    My mom's street was dug up a few years ago so no cars can get through. I had to take my mom to the postal plant to get her mail.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

What I don't understand is, why didn't he put that sheet in my mailbox so I could pick it up at SDM, like always. The website says that it was out for delivery. Then it says that it went back to postal facility and it's on hold. This should not be my job to track my package by calling CS and getting nowhere and some guy in India telling me to contact sender and tell them to contact CP to track my package.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ladies....haven't you been listening for the last year or more?? CP has changed their ENTIRE method of sorting and delivery. Yes it is called PT, Postal Transformation. couponmommy, who delivers mail at 8:00 p.m. you ask?? Well, the REGULAR carriers that's who! I have known many that worked past 9:30 p.m. on a regular basis, they are exhausted physically and mentally.

CP changed the starting times of all of the delivery agents and the second wave ( later start times ) begin somewhere around 10:00 a.m. up to as late as 12:30 p.m. so their finishing time is between 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. BUT they nearly always have to work much longer....it is rarely an 8 hour day anymore. technical glitches in the hand held devices they need WiFi for is often down, so many other delays internally causing a domino effect of failures right across the whole system.
    They FORCE their carriers to work overtime, intimidate them constantly.

Your regular guy, who congrats to you that he looks anything like Vin Diesel ( swoon!) delivers your mail before 1:30 either because your area has not been changed over to the new system yet OR your street just happens to be on the beginning of his route. ( thank your lucky stars that you are not at the end of his run)
    He might also be a first wave worker whose day starts anywhere from 7:15 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. These first and second wave employees now have to share a sortation case, so if the first wave guy is held back from getting out for deliveries, and still using the case, the late guy scrambles around hoping to find an empty case to use, ( complete chaos at times)

So even though there is a whole frustration over parcels not being tracked properly, and some coming late at night.....remember the workers DID NOT vote for this ridiculous method of delivery, management forced it upon us all!

Glad you actually got your parcel delivered though.
    And is this why my DF who has been on call for FIVE YEARS with CP gets called only once a month with 30 min notice?
    walkonby likes this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:19 AM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    What I don't understand is, why didn't he put that sheet in my mailbox so I could pick it up at SDM, like always. The website says that it was out for delivery. Then it says that it went back to postal facility and it's on hold. This should not be my job to track my package by calling CS and getting nowhere and some guy in India telling me to contact sender and tell them to contact CP to track my package.
    I do know that talking to my post lady that if they have to verify your address (missing unit number or it's a wrong postal code) that it does get scanned "out for delivery", but then there is something wrong with the address, so the carriers then have to put it "on hold" until they figure out the correct address/area. If it's a case of a wrong postal code, sometimes that gets directed to entirely different area of the city, so it then has to get re-routed. I had a friend that constantly messed up the third digit of my postal code (no matter how many times I told her!), so my packages from her were notoriously late, as they always ended up across town first.

She also said that sometimes you don't always get your slip in the mailbox that day for parcels, as they have to have all their parcels back to their registration clerk by a specific time before the clerks shift ends (i.e. 2pm). If the carriers aren't finished their routes (and most aren't as WalkOnBy stated) by that certain time, your notification sometimes won't even get put into the mail until the next day. She says this usually happens when there is someone covering a route, as sometimes they don't have the proper registration slips for pick up with them.

WalkOnBy is absolutely correct about how things are going to get worse with the new postal transformation. There will be more parcels/mail that isn't delivered because it's too dark/late at night/unsafe to deliver the mail. This mail then gets put back into the system to be delivered the next day, and again, the carrier is overloaded and out working late/after dark etc, and is unable to finish. So the mail gets brought back AGAIN. It's a viscious circle. Some carriers have actually been issued headlamps to wear when they are out in the dark, and many towns have been told to make sure their lights are on at night, so that the carriers can see/deliver in the dark.
    walkonby likes this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

What I find odd is, if I'm expecting a package, I get 2 deliveries. First is my regular mail in the afternoon by Vin and the second later on with my package. Vin drives in one of those cute little mail trucks and my package comes in the big truck. The postal facility is only 10 minutes from my house. Why can't Vin deliver my package at the same time? Is it because his truck is small so will only deliver regular mail? Don't you think it's a waste of manpower and gas to do two deliveries? If the carrier has packages that don't fit his truck, can't he get a bigger truck, or is his truck assigned to him and only him?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Gee, promises of weekend deliveries once mid-November arrives. I'm sure that will affect CP employees who have childcare/custody agreements that affect weekends for their young ones.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/abou...day_season.jsf

To find out if your area has been "transformed", look at the link below (GTA-Scarborough is coming up and Huron area just got it):
    http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/abou...implementation
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information