User Tag List

Page 142 of 253 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3789
Like Tree14461Likes

Thread: ARMY AND SLAMMIE's Crazy Christmas Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Slow night for me, hanging out on the couch eating cheesecake. Boyrfriend is dj-ing a gig downtown.
    dlee and chesterjes like this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I like my name to be unknown. More mysterious that way. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dlee and chesterjes like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Mine's legally "Michelle"…….but after high school, for the longest time, I went with "MeShell"……my hubby's family for the longest time thought it was actually spelled that way teeheehee

I know most of your names….have a bunch of you on my FB…..or have traded with you before…..and just been around for awhile I guess……LOL

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

note to self: start on page 137...

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    LOL, you're too funny. I was sitting here reading everyone's hints and thinking ok well you don't have me, hmmm maybe she has me then realized I'm one of the conductors and I know who has me...DOH. It's been an insanely busy month, guess I came out of it a bit stunned LOL. Going to the corner for drinks!! wanna come?
    I love this because I probably would've done the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Alright. I know no one really gives a what. But I wanna vent this because its both an LOL moment and a WTF is wrong with me moment.

Don't read if you don't wanna hear the single young stupid woman drama.

So I was 17 when my ex (baby's dad) and I started dating. E had this HOT as friend, I mean like tattooed neck to waist sexy as all damn hell. Yes I had this slightly of crush on him. He forewarned me about my ex but I really didn't listen. So lost contact with him over the years as my ex was a very jealous person and literally dropped ll of his male friends because was worried I would leave him. Even though we talked privately for like a while after the ex drama he gave up on me because all i did was complain about my then bf ad all the e put me through, he told me time and time again to just leave. ANYWAYS. LO and behold a few weeks ago I start talking to mr sexy pants again, we've hung out the past two weekends and talk fairly frequently. I mean nothing sexual but hugging and hand holding business. Tells me all the nice stuff a girl wants to hear, and about how much I've changed.

SO I see this picture of him and this girl and I'm like oh who is that chick I see her every day!! She's a regular customer at my work... He's like "oh really?! That's my girlfriend...lol"

WTF I am a freaking idiot!!! How could I not have known this, and they've been with each other for almost 3 years now!! Like dammit... This happens EVERY time I meet someone!!!!!!
    I have gone from being the one who got cheated ON to the one people want to cheat WITH!!!

Like he I acting really chill about it, I didn't make a big deal to him because I'm not really sure how to approach it!! He even asked if I wanted to go out this weekend but I told him I had DS!!!

Aaaaaaaaahtghfrndkejxbduwbxbxkebdhd.

that sucks. =( and what a jerk for putting you in that position too. =(

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    I am already to send it out tomorrow, but will not likely post until late tomorrow night/evening that I sent it, and send in my info to the mods. Looks like I'm heading to the doctor's and hospital with my 10 year old son. Goofing around on the playground recess this am, he turned and whacked his head really hard on a steel bar on the playground set. Huge bump, policy is they have to be seen by a parent, since it was my volunteer day there, he hung with me. It seemed fine, minus the headache, which I expected, but he has started to vomit occasionally, and dozy. Called the after hours line, and we're heading in in the am for the doctor to look at, and then decide if he needs a scan. He has also been complaining about a sore stomach the last few days, so it could be coincidental, but knowing his ability to be injured, I'm guessing mild concussion based on what he's doing. As far as the story we're getting, they were fake karate playing, and it turned rough, he turned and voila knocked himself flat with the steel bar of the swingset.

So, he's my ER/hospital prone kid...reason he and his twin sister were born premature, not breathing baby twice - trip in, severely anemic - admitted for a week at 1 1/2,, couple of dental issues - teeth knocked out goofing around - surgery, eartubes/adenoids - surgery, broken arm in two spots climbing bookshelf at 4 pretending to be spiderman, busted collarbone ...twice - karate play on ice, cut requiring stitches, etc....and that's what I remember...argh. Or, maybe it's being a 10 year old boy? Know idea, my brothers were a lot younger and not really jocky, so this is all new to me!

So, if we're at the hospital, mom will sit with him, while I slip next door to the PO and mail it. Will email when I get home
    hope everything is ok. how's the little guy?

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    Sorry jr buddy I didn't get your prezzie mailed out today like I wanted to, I will get it out tomorrow.

Now the totally awesome, has me on cloud nine and ready to cry situation of my day..... We bought DD1 a new rifle for her birthday, yesterday I got it all sighted in but had to get more bullets today because 1 box was just enough to sight it in. So I take her out today to let her shoot it and get used to the feel of it, she gets through one clip and we had to stop because the deer started coming out into the field...... WTF..... Are they crazy????? So we head out on a small stalk to see if we can get closer..... While stalking the 3 we were getting stalked by 4 of them.... They were walking right towards us. :O. She got ready and took hat first deer with a perfect 70 yard spine, double lung, and liver shot. And to top it off it was out in her Grandpa's field on what would have been his 65 birthday. We all believe that he was watching down from heaven and helped with his oldest granddaughter getting her first deer

I don't think I could see a bigger smile on her face,her first deer, grandpa's birthday and she can say she is the first one to put meat in the freezer this year.
    I have photos but I won't post here, because I don't want to offend anyone. I know that hunting is not for everyone.
    congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    I had asked this earlier and some of you told me you would be interested. So I finally got my online tupperware party up and running.. (trust me took several phone calls to useless reps to get it to work )

So those of you who would be interested .. PLEASE PM me your name and email and i'll send you the invite
    ME! I will PM you now!

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    Sorry having another DS brag moment!!!!

Just got the best comment ever from Kayden's school cab driver. He told me out of the 4-5 kids he picks up on a daily basis that Kayden is the best student/rider he deals with!!! Something to finally make me feel good
    that's super cute! and what am amazing kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    I ran home at lunch because I just couldn't resist checking out my box of awesomeness(an yes, it is most definitely from Heather). The card made me LoL and so did the tags on the gifts. One says "don't open in front of the kids". There was an open now gift which was a beautiful Christmas ornament that I love! It came in a Pokemon tin...lol.

There is way more gifts in this box than 25. She wet all the way to the 31st and some days have more than one!

so pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    We've got all of the tracking #'s and before the deadline, what an awesome bunch of ladies! Thank you for keeping everything running smoothly.
    WE ARE AN AWESOME BUNCH OF LADIES!!!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    Went to the PO this afternoon but my parcel that was attempted delivery today wasn't there yet, the slip says tomorrow after 1pm. I checked the slip number & it says is coming from Vancouver so I'm thinking it's from this train! Which means my buddy is either dlee or Melissa13 (& possibly chesterjes who is in bC but I can't remember where). Anyways will try to see if I can pick up tomorrow morning, if not it will be the evening because my MIL is coming down tomorrow & we are going to the new Ripleys a aquarium as part of DD's Xmas present from her.

maybe my buddy could let me know if my package is heavy or not - as I have to walk with DD to get it. If it's heavy I can maybe get my MIL to help me with it in her car tomorrow or my dad Saturday morning!
    now that I think of it, I shouldn't have given such a huge hint..but I also didn't want you to drag a heavy box around with your little one. there is a special gift on its way separately. I figure you'll find out tomorrow anyway. and I wanted some happy news. =)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    lmao to the totally obvious hint!!

((((((((DLEE)))))))))) Sorry that you are having a rough week! :-( Vent away if you need to, you have 20 pairs of shoulders here to cry on!!!
    even though you are all sleeping...I am going to vent. just after I finish replying to everyone. =)

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    Dlee, I wish I could put you in my pocket and comfort you. You are such a sweet thing, and it bothers me immensely when you are upset.
    THANK YOU! I love that cute cat photo and I also am just so appreciative that I can come on here and cry and vent and people will love me and not judge me.

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    Here's what I've been up to for the last 2 days straight! 6 dozen cookies ready for the Christmas craft fair on Saturday. Tomorrow it's wreaths made from cupcakes, Christmas trees made from star cookies, fancy cupcakes and my nephew's 1st bday cake (2 tier topsy turvy full of cute little penguins) WHEW I'm tired thinking about it! It's also hubby's bday tomorrow so I have to cook 6 cornish hens and make him a cherry cheesecake....SO anyone who shows up here tomorrow to help I'll tell you who your buddy is LOL

amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by MeShell View Post
    I'm still guessing that new2sc sent to dlee?!

I checked my mail this afternoon no packages
    ooooh, thanks for guessing for me MeShell! =) Us BCers need to stick together. haha. I've narrowed it down but I think I'm just going to wait and be super surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    ((hugs))

thanks for the hint PO is about a 5 minute walk away (10 if munchkin comes with me) but I think I will be able to handle it walking then.
    Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2
    enjoy!! let me know when you get the smaller package too.

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    I like my name to be unknown. More mysterious that way. LOL.

=) I love that people here call me dlee. it's like my little pet name or nickname among an awesome group of friends.
    julesie-pie likes this.

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

phew. done.

ok. time to vent before I head to bed.

the past week has been a very mixed bag of emotions. but some really downer things for sure. but I'm trying to stay positive so I've put the "pro" after so I can remind myself to be thankful.

1. CON: got a flat tire and replacing it has now cut into my christmas shopping budget. =( PRO: thankfully I'm handmaking some of them this year so hopefully they won't cost as much. plus, I'm glad I caught the flat instead of getting stuck on a road or highway with it busted.

2. CON: I found out from a friend that my ex... (for those of you who I have been on trains before know that I broke up with my boyfriend of nearly 4 years during the last train I rode in July)...bought his first home so he's following our exact timeline that we had planned, except without me. PRO: I'm really glad to be out of that relationship. I'm a healthier better person. And he bought a place in an area I would never have considered. to be honest, he's living a timeline I realized I didn't want anyway..... I'm not upset about this, I just feel...weird about it.

but this is the one that really bummed me out this week and came to a boil today:

3. CON: One of my managers has been emailing me all week about this work situation. basically, to make a long story short, work has recently been sending me to this work training that is really essential, but for some reason the training is in Victoria which for those of you who don't know the area, is about a three hour commute so I actually have to live in victoria and travel back on weekends for 8 weeks. Manager #1 approved me to have my own room at the hotel because I have sleep and anxiety issues and the thought of staying in a hotel room for 8 weeks with a stranger freaks me out! I mean, wouldn't you?!?! 8 weeks of training with someone from 8-4 then I have to go back to the hotel and see that person for the whole night...fight over the tv, can't sleep in my comfy pajamas with no bra, dance naked in my hotel room, hahahaha. But would they ask me to share a room with the coworker if one of us was a guy? or even if we are two women, what if one of us was a lesbian and didn't feel comfortable being in a room with another woman who was not my partner. like there's so many things wrong with this.

so I spoke to Manager #1 and said, "Look, I'll go to the training but due to my sleep issues, past medical concerns, and anxiety with sleeping in a room with a stranger for 8 weeks I need my own room". Manager #1 said that was super reasonable and approved it. I was good to go. then Manager #2 emails me halfway in and basically told me that I cheated the system and that it was never approved and that from now on, I have to share a room with a coworker who I've only known for a few months. It's just so awkward and uncomfortable and I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it. But also, it's the way that Manager #2 did it and how he treated me...sigh, I won't go into details. And then Manager #1 emailed and said that she never gave approval for me to have my own room and unfortunately I don't have the paper work to prove it. I did nothing wrong, I went through the right channels, I got the approval from the manager that was supposed to give it to me. UGH. But Manager #1 is trying to cover her butt so she's not being honest!

Anyway, I'm going to go to the doctor this week and get a doctor's note...how stupid is that?! I feel like I'm in high school again getting a "doctor's note". I shouldn't have to do that. We are all adults, we all need our privacy and our space. And we're not talking 1-2 days, we're talking 8 weeks. And I'm also going to talk to a Union Rep and just talk to them about everything.

sorry, I'll stop. the rant is getting too long. sorry. but I'm just feeling wronged. and I hate office politics and I feel sad that this is happening because the work my agency is doing is so important but it's too political.

PRO: Once I get this training, I'm seriously contemplating another job. Which makes me feel like a bit of a jerk since they invested all this time and money in me...but I just feel...disrespected and I hate that feeling. Another pro is..I have a job. And I am thankful for that.

...be honest ladies, do you think I'm being unreasonable? you can tell me...

off to bed. tomorrow will be a better day.
    Last edited by dlee; Fri, Nov 22nd, 2013 at 02:44 AM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I don't think your being unreasonable at ALL I couldn't share a room with a stranger without dying of a panic attack. lol About the ex I know you are trying to let go which is good have to think what your doing for yourself and self approvments I know I am REALLY bad at this. Its been 16 years since me and my ex split we had a house together and never in a million years when I gave it to him(didn't want it and didn't want to deal with it) would I think he had the balls to bring a new wife and a kid in there. Holds ALOT of memories we bought it because I was pregnant and the day we sighned he propossed but I try to tell myself what a better person I am today without him but it isn't always easy esp when I can't make rent somedays lol. You jut have to keep the negative thoughts away and reamber what an AMAZING person you are!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Heather for the cookies I take royal icing and pipe it all around the edges and let it dry then you thin it out until it's like ink and fill in the center (the edges keep it from running off the cookie) I've been trying to learn how to hide the edges, I guess there's a trick to it but I haven't figured it out yet. Isn't that reindeer awesome!! I saw the idea on pintrest, how cool is it that an upside down gingerbread man is a reindeer??

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Name:  TGIF.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  41.3 KB
    gwennad, Armygirl76, dlee and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    Thankfully you and I made it easy, huh Becky? Assuming that Becky IS your name?? lol
    my favourite movie as a kid was pollyanna, I tend to have or try to have a "pollyanna" attitude (always look for the good, something is always positive, despite crap in life at times), middle name is anne, so I've been called kellyanna by those close to me for a longtime . _99 was when I signed up for my first email account, so that's my online id for most things. I wish I had chosen to have a bit more annonymous name, but oh well!

DS is back to school today, but no recess and gym, so we'll see how it goes !

Buddy, your package is 1/3 of the way there when I track it, so hopefully before Dec 2!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

It's here! It's here! Yay! My package is here!

Stupid mail lady didn't even ring the door bell! My dogs were out and barking like maniacs, I look and there is a strange van in the driveway.....go to the front door and see this beauty!

Thanks buddy in SK! Lol I'm opening it now to see who you are! I know I saw the teaser pic too, but for the life of me can't find it again!

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Buddy your parcel is out for delivery! I hope everything made it ok, and none of the paper ripped...

holy smokes it is dark and rainy out there this morning.

It's Friday! thank goodness. This time next week I'll be getting knocked out to get parts taken out. That's a little scary.

And Dlee - I'd be looking for a new job too after all that! I don't do travel (since I have a little guy at home I won't be away from) but if I did, sharing a room is not an option. The one time I travelled to TO for work I got my own room, it was only one night but I was travelling with two men so my own room was necessary. It was funny because we were there for a conference and my boss booked everything, in the wrong hotel. So we were staying in the one a block away from the conference, we had to go back and forth. But any way. Yeah I'd be upset if I had to share a room for 8 weeks, and I don't think you are wrong in that. Good luck
    julesie-pie, dlee and chesterjes like this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

SCBPOOH!!!!!

You are the sweetest! Thank you so very much! I opened the envelope and found a sweet note and a whack of coupons!! Also an 'open now' gift bag crammed full of amazing Christmas / winter stickers!!! Thank you so much!

Here is a peek into the ginormous box! I couldn't do much snooping since I'm heading off to work, but when I get home I will take pictures of my gifts all laid out! Now I'm off to find a place to hide this baby!

Thanks again scbpooh! Xoxoxox!

Last edited by lizardqueen78; Fri, Nov 22nd, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
    scbpooh, KK7, tasha313 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Glad it arrived on time and on schedule!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Dlee, you are having an emotional week which makes things seem worse then they are. You are dealing with a crappy job and all the political bull that goes with it. I wouldn't share a room either, and it sounds like it was handled all wrong by your managers. I would be following all the same steps you are.

Because of this stress, the ex and flat tire seem like even bigger details when in reality they are nothing. Keep your chin up honey, and remember you are not alone.
    julesie-pie, dlee and chesterjes like this.

Page 142 of 253 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast

Thread Information