User Tag List

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: HUGEEEEE NEWS FOR WALMART SHOPPERS ~ Policy update

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

WONDERFUL PAGE!!! Thanks to everyone who has made it possible.

So what I think is happening is not many people are aware of the new changes or want to admit to the changes. You must speak with the real store manager to get the real information about the new memo. I have yet to price match Canada wide but I am hoping I will be able to soon.

As for my recent conversation with Walmart Canada on Facebook this is there response Dec 11 2013:

ME
    Hi walmart I have a question.
    Does walmarts in Canada pricematch Canada wide now? I am hearing from reliable sources this information is accurate. Also if you yourself have not heard about this information then why are some locations allowing this?

Walmart Canada
    Your local Wal-Mart will ad match any local competitors flyer. You can find all the details regarding our ad match policy on the back of your current flyer. Hope this helps!

ME
    I already know this information about price matching local ads. You didn't answer my question as to why I am hearing and seeing walmart locations across Canada are price matching Canada Wide?

• Walmart read my message at 4:50pm right after I sent my last message at 4:49pm and never replied back.
    Last edited by mandy403; Thu, Dec 12th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Someone was banned from Walmart for life due to price matching.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/man-k...223009510.html
    Judyhill likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeaves View Post
    Someone was banned from Walmart for life due to price matching.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/man-k...223009510.html
    According to other reports though, it wasn't for PMing, it was because the guy was rude and aggressive. If that is true, I actually applaud Walmart for standing up for, and protecting, its employees.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

There is something up with that story. Who needs to go to WM twice a day every day? We have all had cashiers who refused ad-matches for dumb reasons, none of us are banned

These stories gives a little more detail
    http://americanlivewire.com/2013-12-11-joe-cantrell/
    http://gawker.com/walmart-bans-man-f...ore-1480359085

Update 3:30 p.m.: Walmart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan told Gawker the company banned Cantrell for life after he allegedly "threatened the associate's life" and wrote a Facebook post indicating he would "kick the associate's butt."

Valerey likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I take my iPad with the flyers I want to price match to the pages saved...for each and every one.....csm and cashiers at the Sydney store have all been made aware....they just write down which store is being price matched...I have had no problems
    redfox and dariusz8 like this.
    ....just be happy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried to find the price matching policy on Walmart's website, and I found this:

Walmart stores do not match prices from Walmart.ca, other online sellers, or advertisements outside of a store's local trade territory.

Is there anything official in writing that I can show an employee if they refuse a PM for a non-local store?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alifromca View Post
    I tried to find the price matching policy on Walmart's website, and I found this:

Walmart stores do not match prices from Walmart.ca, other online sellers, or advertisements outside of a store's local trade territory.

Is there anything official in writing that I can show an employee if they refuse a PM for a non-local store?
    Nope, asking WM has resulted in being told that this does not exist / there is no official policy for WM / whatever else they feel like saying
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Update I confirmed with Walmart head office and my store manager about the new memo for price matching ANY retailer in canada both said yes and all stores should have received it. Although its up to the store manager if they follow it or not. Happy mine said yes but very disappointed in the lack of customer service to who ever runs the Walmart Canada Facebook page who previously said there were no changes to price matching.
    Last edited by mandy403; Sun, Dec 22nd, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

i too emailed walmart a month ago and they said no..
    its weird ppl r getting 2different answers

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    Update I confirmed with Walmart head office and my store manager about the new memo for price matching ANY retailer in canada both said yes and all stores should have received it. Although its up to the store manager if they follow it or not. Happy mine said yes but very disappointed in the lack of customer service to who ever runs the Walmart Canada Facebook page who previously said there were no changes to price matching.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    144 (100%)

My store said it's up to Christmas time, which means they will only match local store after Christmas, is that true for all location?

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

As far as I know from speaking to HO its not a seasonal thing, and will continue after xmas

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

i have a feeling stores in bc r not doing this...

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Got confirmation from the second wm in Hamilton(centennial) yesterday that they are aware and are rolling this out very soon
    Klepti likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Our store on Vancouver Island has no problem doing this...so Yes they are Pm'ing across Canada in BC...

In fact, they have been over the top helpful! LOVE those WM girls!!

J

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so confused!!!!!
    I trusted the comments here at our Walmart would PM all of Canada' and our local Walmart says this s not so. A rumor?

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information