User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: HUGEEEEE NEWS FOR WALMART SHOPPERS ~ Policy update

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    I just got words from local Walmart here that they might stop pming nation wide now due to some sick people out there editing and creating fake flyers. They are going to have a meeting next week on it! some people are just unbelievable, makes me mad, ruins it for everyone else.
    That is why may be I had horrible pm'ing experience at some other Walmart,2 weeks ago.
    i never had an issue at my local Walmart.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My local WM stopped it some time ago for the same reason
    ROMEO and momi like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Never had it here in Quebec, so no real loss
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Asked walmart here in alberta and they said they never heard such thing and they pricematch Canada wide.So could be just a certain area...
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I am just as tired of retailers changing their policies willy-nilly. Save on Foods and London Drugs with stacking, Walmart with PM'ing nation wide. Superstore with whatever it is they are doing with their PC plus program. My local Walmart never implemented this. Stacking at my SaveOn lasted all of 2 weeks. Missing points from PC Plus.

Overly lax policies to get shoppers in the door. Extreme reactions when things go wrong.

They could stop PM'ing printed flyers.
    They already PM online retailers so if they wanted to, they could require URLs for non local flyers.
    If they really wanted to, they could have dedicated lanes for PM or Stacking or whatever
    They could LIMIT quantities
    Last edited by jandbby; Fri, Jun 13th, 2014 at 06:31 PM.
    ROMEO, Judyhill, jezz and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Csm's at the ones I shop at sometimes verify certain deals... not hard to really do and I don't mind.
    ROMEO, vaughngal, mandy403 and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Exactly, I would rather them check than to be duped by others. Sad to hear that people are doing dirty tricks when it is already such a huge advantage for shoppers.
    ROMEO, vaughngal and momi like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

As a couponer, I know the wrath of the customers behind me when the coupon should take no longer than scanning another item
    Imagine them verifying flyers. The issue with this is people are photoshopping one item on a full page. If they verified the URL it would look largely the same with the exception of maybe 1 item. In some cases they just delete the sizes so it looks like any size is $2.99 for example instead of only being valid on the larger sizes

It is also important to remember that this was never a public policy, their flyers still says they PM in their local area.
    ROMEO and vaughngal like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    My local WM stopped it some time ago for the same reason
    They stopped PM ing totally i.e even local flyers's ?? ..or just nation wide flyer's ?
    ROMEO and momi like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Nationwide or showing on your phone, you must have a physical flyer from a local store (but they do still match the asian supermarket)
    ROMEO likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Nation wide PMing didn't make much sense to begin with . The prices of food in the West has always been more than the price of food in ONTARIO for example.
    The minimum wage ( most retail worker's pay ) is different in different provinces, the store rent is higher or lower in different provinces, transport cost like gas/insurance etc is different , some province grow certain food more and cheaper than other provinces due to weather , soil etc...so the prices were always going to vary a lot

heck even in the same city , sometimes downtown core has higher prices for the same store chain , due to higher rent in downtown.

------------------
    Buy one. Get one free.
    Order a medium or large pizza and get a second pizza (equal or lesser
    value) for FREE†! Use promo code 850 at the checkout. This offer is only
    available online and only for one week.
    ROMEO, FallenPixels and momi like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our right to pm Canadawide flyers at certain WMs is a privilege, and not a right by any chance. Some people take this privilege to a new extent, and start to take advantage of it, and although they may be successful in their fraudulent activities initially, the store will eventually catch up on it and when they do, this privilege is revoked for the rest of us, who use it honestly, and enjoy being able to save money. I see my WM being restrictive with their canadawide pm policy lately as well, and I have heard some terrible stories from the cashiers. Please don't ruin it for everyone else on here!
    ROMEO, Saver123 and momi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Wow, Photoshopping!? I thought I was spending too much time PM'ing. I wish people would be honest and encourage them to continue this thing. It is a huge advantage to us in the West because things are consistently higher in our flyers, even for the large chain stores (but obviously awesome for all of us across the country).
    ROMEO, CouponingQueen and momi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by jandbby View Post
    I am just as tired of retailers changing their policies willy-nilly. Save on Foods and London Drugs with stacking, Walmart with PM'ing nation wide. Superstore with whatever it is they are doing with their PC plus program. My local Walmart never implemented this. Stacking at my SaveOn lasted all of 2 weeks. Missing points from PC Plus.

Overly lax policies to get shoppers in the door. Extreme reactions when things go wrong.

They could stop PM'ing printed flyers.
    They already PM online retailers so if they wanted to, they could require URLs for non local flyers.
    If they really wanted to, they could have dedicated lanes for PM or Stacking or whatever
    They could LIMIT quantities
    In my experience they dont change policy willy nilly, its people ( consumers) taking advantage of the policy that ruins it for all. My local Wallmart knows me as their crazy coupon lady, they know i give all my crazy volumes of free product to the food bank and management actually has turned other s down but does not turn me down. Its all in the way you deal with people, you get what you give in most cases.
    frugalmom, momi and Jp-13 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mammalion View Post
    In my experience they dont change policy willy nilly, its people ( consumers) taking advantage of the policy that ruins it for all. My local Wallmart knows me as their crazy coupon lady, they know i give all my crazy volumes of free product to the food bank and management actually has turned other s down but does not turn me down. Its all in the way you deal with people, you get what you give in most cases.
    Agreed, I have gone to the CSM and mentioned I wanted to buy more than the 4-6 they allow with coupons/PM and she never turns me down unless they have low stock but I have seen others try to bully the cashiers into giving them more and they get turned down. I don't buy crazy amounts but if something is a great price, I do want more than 4 lol
    ROMEO and mammalion like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information