User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: HUGEEEEE NEWS FOR WALMART SHOPPERS ~ Policy update

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Just spoke with CSM Kim at Barrie Ontario south Walmart....she confirms that we can now Price match to any store across Canada using flyers on our iPhones, printed from home, or in person.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

this is great when I first saw the thread I was thinking oh we can stack like target because I don't live near one but hey I will take it Thanks OP
    avoncallingu likes this.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    Just spoke with CSM Kim at Barrie Ontario south Walmart....she confirms that we can now Price match to any store across Canada using flyers on our iPhones, printed from home, or in person.
    This is great!

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Some of the sale prices at stores like Shoppers Drug Mart & No Frills are higher here in BC than in other provinces... I'll be super snapped if I can use Albertan flyer to PM No Frills at Walmart! Sometimes our No Frills has less on sale than No Frills in other provinces... Oh this is getting good!!! JEZZ! JEZZ! come read this thread!
    avoncallingu, MillieH and jezz like this.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Yay! I haven't tried PMing a flyer to another province.

My local Walmart is pretty good though. I've PM'd to a city over an hour away, without a flyer - no issue (but the cashier did seem like she was only half paying attention). You never need a flyer to PM at the WM I go to, but they really appreciate it so that they can verify sizes (they've even thanked me a few times - I think maybe they get some rude people trying to PM wrong sizes without the flyer).

Edit: Is it sad that when I first saw the title I was bracing myself for bad news?
    I have recently used target coupons at WM with no problem
    avoncallingu and MillieH like this.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I can't complain cause I know this is good for us but I don't think Walmart cares about losing a bit of money. They definately don't make much off me or prob any couponer. They force themselves where people don't even want them to be and do the price thing where no one in their right mind can resist shopping there unless they have lots of money. They know what they are doing. They aim to be # 1 and they are very close to it now if they are not.

I see this as just another of their tactics to put the small guys under. It is the same thing as they are trying to put a Walmart on Kensington Market Street (I think its called) in Toronto. They want to get all the business of all the vendors that has been there for years. My son and his friend have a theatre space there and they did a little pop-up Walmart thing to get peoples attention in what Walmart is trying to do. There little weekend made the Toronto Sun.

I see they just want to take over it all and they will lose a few dollars; sure, but they got lots. All those smaller business that puts on sales to lose money just to get people in won't even have that to their advantage any more. And then there is people like us that is trying to do the right thing by living frugally, not wasting money and doing our best to take care of and help out our families.

When it comes right down to it, what would be the percentage of people that would go through all the work and spend all the time investigating sales, etc. like we do? It would be pretty small, I'm sure. I watch a lot of shopper and they just go in and grab what they need and go without even looking at the price. That's because everyone is so busy with so much to do with work, kids and other things. Often times is that people can be so busy trying to make money that they don't have time to think about how they should spend it.

I'm sorry, this is a rant. I am excited about it all with every one else and I can bet Walmart is loving it. They will be using us, the ones that is careful with our money to do the harm to their competitors. And being in the position I am financially, I will be taking advantage of this too and of course, that's what they want. "Walmart Wins".

Sorry again for ranting. I thought about this all day and it makes me angry. Happy and Angry at the same time, lol I don't think this policy is going to change. They know what they are doing and it will be like the US where you will never be any further than 20 minutes away from a Walmart

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Anyone NOT in Ontario that can confirm this WEST? asked at 3 stores today and same answer store MUST be local

would love to PM FreshCo and Metro
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sat, Oct 26th, 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Judyhill - I know what you mean - happy and sad at the same time. Unfortunately, people who are choosing or have to live frugally really are at a disadvantage if they don't use this policy and yet, you're right, it hurts smaller businesses. It's definitely a conundrum! I live in a smaller town and like the idea that I can get the deals that larger city people can.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Did phone one earlier after reading your post... spoke with a front duty manager that told me she was away on vacation and didn't know about this... But she asked about it and let her know who I spoke to at head office and was told that see will be looking into it so hopefully not to much longer for you~ fingers crossed
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    Anyone NOT in Ontario that can confirm this WEST? asked at 3 stores today and same answer store MUST be local

would love to PM FreshCo and Metro
    Judyhill, MillieH and Venuila like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also noticed that Walmart.ca is free shipping till Dec 31st. Could be a great way to get ready for the holidays without the lines and while the kids are in bed.
    MillieH and Anna Michele like this.
    Want to win 1,000,000 Skittles?? Free contest closes Dec 31st, 2013
    http://www.getskittlesrich.com/watch/GyQbFOu8y08

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just asked a similar questoin on the Walmart Canada Facebook page, and got a completely different response.

I wrote:
    You responded to an earlier question about online ad matching. Here is what you said on October 25th: "We will Ad match items from a mobile device provided that the item is identical, in-stock and we can validate that the advertising is current, You can show the current pricing on the mobile device or bring in a printed copy of the offer with a current date. This applies to Canadian online flyers, and Canadian retailers that offer online purchases." In reading this, it sounds like if I wanted to price match with No Frills Atlantic, which is not in my immediate area, I can do so because they have an online flyer that you can see on their website each week. Is this correct? Or do they also need to offer online purchases as well? Please clarify. Thanks!

Their response:
    Hello! We have not changed our customer ad match policy. The ad match policy you see written on our flyers and in store signage has not changed. We have always encouraged our store managers to be empowered to run their stores in a manner that gives the best customer experience possible. We want our customers to trust that Walmart offers everyday low prices. If you have a current flyer that advertises a lower price for an identical item, then please bring it into your local Walmart store and the front-end team will be happy to assist you. Thank you. Walmart Canada.

And based on that response, here is their Ad Match Policy from their website... so they have totally contracted themselves on their Facebook page between October 25 and October 27...
    so yeah, Walmart still doesn't have it's together. See the two bolded, red, underlined parts below:

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

We’re committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match it. Right at the register.

We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*

• Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
      • Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)

• Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
    • Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
    • For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

• We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
    • We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
    • Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

• Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
      • example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"

• Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
      • example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"

• Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card
      • example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card

• Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
    • Going out of business or closeout prices
    • Percentage off
      • example: "All mascara, 40% off"

• Competitors' private label price promotions

We do not honor:

• Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
    • Internet pricing
    • Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
    • "Going out of business" sales or "closeout" prices
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

WM HQ will yield you the best answers via a phone call.... but before that would definitely call local store first. The FB page is run by a third party probably.. I was told by someone in HQ that this is just being released and that an updated policy will be posted in the near future to consumers.... I don't think they thought it would go viral yet but with so many stores already on board I thought i'd let others know about it

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Walmart in St.Thomas, Ontario had no idea what I was talking about, said they are only PMing local flyers.
    Hoping they will do this eventually.
    NickiB and MillieH like this.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Judyhill View Post
    I can't complain cause I know this is good for us but I don't think Walmart cares about losing a bit of money. They definately don't make much off me or prob any couponer. They force themselves where people don't even want them to be and do the price thing where no one in their right mind can resist shopping there unless they have lots of money. They know what they are doing. They aim to be # 1 and they are very close to it now if they are not.

I see this as just another of their tactics to put the small guys under. It is the same thing as they are trying to put a Walmart on Kensington Market Street (I think its called) in Toronto. They want to get all the business of all the vendors that has been there for years. My son and his friend have a theatre space there and they did a little pop-up Walmart thing to get peoples attention in what Walmart is trying to do. There little weekend made the Toronto Sun.

I see they just want to take over it all and they will lose a few dollars; sure, but they got lots. All those smaller business that puts on sales to lose money just to get people in won't even have that to their advantage any more. And then there is people like us that is trying to do the right thing by living frugally, not wasting money and doing our best to take care of and help out our families.

When it comes right down to it, what would be the percentage of people that would go through all the work and spend all the time investigating sales, etc. like we do? It would be pretty small, I'm sure. I watch a lot of shopper and they just go in and grab what they need and go without even looking at the price. That's because everyone is so busy with so much to do with work, kids and other things. Often times is that people can be so busy trying to make money that they don't have time to think about how they should spend it.

I'm sorry, this is a rant. I am excited about it all with every one else and I can bet Walmart is loving it. They will be using us, the ones that is careful with our money to do the harm to their competitors. And being in the position I am financially, I will be taking advantage of this too and of course, that's what they want. "Walmart Wins".

Sorry again for ranting. I thought about this all day and it makes me angry. Happy and Angry at the same time, lol I don't think this policy is going to change. They know what they are doing and it will be like the US where you will never be any further than 20 minutes away from a Walmart
    +1
    Like a giant, looming alien ship, Walmart landed in my small remote town a few years ago and many local businesses have since dissolved. Some shops had been family owned for over 50 years. While none could compete with Walmart's buying power and subsequent pricing, all provided product exclusivity and/or unsurpassed customer service. Walmart will never provide layaway plans, defer customer account payments, donate their service or products to community events or sponsor local sports teams. At one time or another, most of these small local businesses did. Locals reminisce and these small shops are often referenced and fondly remembered in local newspaper columns.

The Walmart "Cartel" has successfully monopolized the retail market for most household items in our town. Although I sympathize with small business owners, realistically the choice to shop elsewhere is either locally non-existential or too far and too few between. Walmart's relentless strength to dominate even comparable competitors is remarkable.
    I shop at Walmart and really look forward to price matching with prices of eastern Canadian stores. To my knowledge, most locals did not boycott the store and shopping experiences have been favourable. However, no one locally will ever reminisce the Walmart dynasty, read fond references to the giant, looming alien ship in local newspaper columns or commiserate their fall, should it even happen.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponandoff View Post
    +1
    Like a giant, looming alien ship, Walmart landed in my small remote town a few years ago and many local businesses have since dissolved. Some shops had been family owned for over 50 years. While none could compete with Walmart's buying power and subsequent pricing, all provided product exclusivity and/or unsurpassed customer service. Walmart will never provide layaway plans, defer customer account payments, donate their service or products to community events or sponsor local sports teams. At one time or another, most of these small local businesses did. Locals reminisce and these small shops are often referenced and fondly remembered in local newspaper columns.

The Walmart "Cartel" has successfully monopolized the retail market for most household items in our town. Although I sympathize with small business owners, realistically the choice to shop elsewhere is either locally non-existential or too far and too few between. Walmart's relentless strength to dominate even comparable competitors is remarkable.
    I shop at Walmart and really look forward to price matching with prices of eastern Canadian stores. To my knowledge, most locals did not boycott the store and shopping experiences have been favourable. However, no one locally will ever reminisce the Walmart dynasty, read fond references to the giant, looming alien ship in local newspaper columns or commiserate their fall, should it even happen.

Very well said. Although, Walmart (at least the one in Brantford where we moved from) actually does do layaway, but I see your point and I do agree. As sad as it is that local businesses are going out of business, I choose the place with the best prices since I'm a student married to a student, living with other students and all of us have kids lol!.. I don't enjoy knowing I'm contributing to a bigger problem, but I also have to be able to afford food for each month
    dariusz8, Judyhill and MillieH like this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information