User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: HUGEEEEE NEWS FOR WALMART SHOPPERS ~ Policy update

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! Wow! Differing policies depending where and who you ask! I asked the Customer Service Manager of our local Walmart here in Chatham, Ont. today and she kind of stuttered. She said they'll match "from a wider area than just Chatham" but that probably didn't include the whole of Canada. She happened to be at the till I was checking out at so I caught her a little off guard. I think I'll go back later and find out what she found out. Even if we could price match for stores in London, Windsor and Sarnia that we don't have here in Chatham, that would be good.
    Meanwhile, I had run off the "flyers" from a couple of stores from the wiki thread - .39 / lb. for Red Delicious Apples - but although they had ALL KINDS of apples - no Red Delicious!
    Hope this helps anyone in the Chatham area.
    Thanks! This is the Walmart I usually go to. I have PM'd Loblaws before - without a flyer - at the Chatham store. But like I said earlier, I'm not sure the cashier was paying that much attention to me (at least she got the price right)

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

talked to two of my friends who work here in Hamilton - two different locations - they said there store manager talked to regional manager who said it wasn't true and PM only local stores in the city. talked to my friend in Ottawa who is head CSM she said just local Ottawa and she received a memo and she would tell me later.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Had to chime in here. Is it possible that this is a pilot project to see if it is easy for cashiers to do and if it is profitable for the store?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    talked to two of my friends who work here in Hamilton - two different locations - they said there store manager talked to regional manager who said it wasn't true and PM only local stores in the city. talked to my friend in Ottawa who is head CSM she said just local Ottawa and she received a memo and she would tell me later.
    Yeah, I got a pretty rude answer at the 3rd one, she basically said couponing blogs don't make their policies, Walmart does
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

MC care to join me?

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Yeah, I got a pretty rude answer at the 3rd one, she basically said couponing blogs don't make their policies, Walmart does
    This is exactly why I don't shop at Walmart in Hamilton. Too many mean employees... Even the duty managers have been know to be rude. I buy huge quantities for my charity purchasing and the Walmart in Waterdown is amazing. They open a separate cash with their most experienced cashiers (yes, I get 2 cashiers!) just for me. Its worth the drive for the lovely customer service, happy people, great stock, lots of good parking, and no 30min line ups!
    Last edited by SavenRaven; Tue, Oct 29th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The one on Upper James is usually quite good, but the area manager (as anastasia mentioned) has contacted the stores saying that the interpretation here is not correct, I think the cashiers are likely fed up telling people they can't only to have people say well I ready on xyz site that you can
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just called one of the WM superstores in Sudbury (on Lasalle) and got confirmation from the CSM that they DO conform to the new policy as long as the date and expiry date of the item is also printed.

So THANK YOU so much, Darius for starting this thread and the Hot Deals thread! What a great opportunity to price-match those Southern Ontario chains!!
    dariusz8, Venuila and oscarandme like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Wow...Very rude of her!
    FallenPixels and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah, there is a reason I never shop at that one but I thought it was worth asking
    ~ ~ ~

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So the plot thickens, I will believe it when I see it as they say.
    DianneS and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    327 (100%)

Where are you from if you don't mind my asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerey View Post
    Well there's definitely policy changes that came from Head Office this week.

I was at WM last night to get my Old Dutch and as always, picked a coupon friendly cashier. I was shocked when she looked at me and said, "I'm going to have to check if you can use all of these. We just had a bunch of changes from Head Office"... long story short, and 4 cashiers/CSMs later (all huddled around my conveyor belt of chips, lol) the coupons were fine. I should have asked for a copy of the paper one of them was reading off of, seemed like it may have been an e-mail of these changes?

But PM'ing any other store would be FABULOUS for me!

I live in Northern Ontario where there's no Sobeys, no Freshco, no Target, Fortinos, Safeway or Superstore.

Thanks Dariusz!!
    shop my webstore:
    www.sheenakoe.shopregal.ca

Use this code to save at Well.ca:
    spend40save10now

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I am super confused as this has been implemented years and years ago as far as I knew. My mom used to work for Walmart and they would always and always have price matched any store within Ontario - or whatever province you live in.

I've always price matched on my smartphone too and never had an issue either as the various walmarts in the area have always accepted that.

My only issue as of recently is limiting everything to 6. I understand the reasoning but it seems silly to me based on the fact that they are there to sell items and they are also one of the larger stores that have so much selection and quantity of stuff that you would expect them to want you to buy more stuff. Guess not.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    So the plot thickens, I will believe it when I see it as they say.
    I'm enjoying this! It's so strange - some stores confirm yes, this is a new policy. Others say it's complete BS (my words) and an internet rumor. It's like a crazy mystery/thriller.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    It's like a crazy mystery/thriller.
    /
    oscarandme likes this.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information