User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: HUGEEEEE NEWS FOR WALMART SHOPPERS ~ Policy update

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    "HUGEEEEE" means "toilet paper" in the Korean language
    LMAO!!! Well I think he's saying this is TOILER PAPER NEWS!

Whatever we want to call it, it's GOOD NEWS for sure!!
    avoncallingu and Judyhill like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

These clowns won't even price match a local flyer, because it says "selected varieties". I can only imagine the garbage I will have to go through when I try to show them some flyer i printed off the internet from some far away province.

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

Will be nice if all WM's actually put this into action
    avoncallingu and Anna Michele like this.
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

No dice at my Walmart - the guy I know very well as a supervisor at my store said NOTHING has changed in regards to price matching

still no price matching any flyer to a store that does not have a store in your city
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Not everyone knows about it yet so hopefully they roll it out for you very soon. One of the ones I went to everyone knew about it... even the cashiers (Heartland, Mississauga)... then at the other one (Erin mills, Mississauga) only a couple people knew about it... I was able to do it one day and then when I came in the next day no one knew about it.... I got on the phone with my local walmart(erin mills) got in contact with the couple of people that confirmed it for me and told them that I was back and was not successful on a another trip and asked if they could let the other staff know.... They called me back a couple hours later to inform me that they all now know I am sure this will take some patience as some will have missed it, here and there and will need to be updated. But I have confirmed with HO about this with 2 separate people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    No dice at my Walmart - the guy I know very well as a supervisor at my store said NOTHING has changed in regards to price matching

still no price matching any flyer to a store that does not have a store in your city
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sat, Oct 26th, 2013 at 08:08 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post

Same at mine, they confirmed they did receive changes but they see them a little different than described here

- printed flyer - they mean actual flyer from store, print out does not count and they don't PM online offers
    - any store in Canada - still needs to be local, they used to not PM some independent stores but now will, mine requires the store is in city limits

They have however put a limit of 6 on price matches, updated the type of coupons they accept (before they had an image with the usual PO Box and some cashiers didn't realise they could accept others so they changed the image to a generic PO Box 123, ABCTown, etc

I had my fave CS person check with HQ and she said they were told their interpretation is correct
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Same at mine, they confirmed they did receive changes but they see them a little different than described here

- printed flyer - they mean actual flyer from store, print out does not count and they don't PM online offers
    - any store in Canada - still needs to be local, they used to not PM some independent stores but now will, mine requires the store is in city limits

They have however put a limit of 6 on price matches, updated the type of coupons they accept (before they had an image with the usual PO Box and some cashiers didn't realise they could accept others so they changed the image to a generic PO Box 123, ABCTown, etc

I had my fave CS person check with HQ and she said they were told their interpretation is correct
    That's very contradictory, speaking with head office your self would have been best. According to what your saying nothing has changed really in regards to price matching. Yet there was a memo sent out with changes regarding the pm policy. Someone has posted an image to changes regarding this... I don't see anything in the policy regarding it being "local retailers" , when speaking with HO they refer to it as a Canada Wide price match policy. THe policy states a "competitor is Canadian retailer" I am pleased that all my local stores have implemented it already and hope others will soon.
    avoncallingu and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Added to list just got off the phone with Oakville Wm, and its also exactly like I describe
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Called another one for you Burlington, WM (leby Line & Dundas St) spoke with csm... again as I metioned here Canada wide.... will take printed out flyer, iphone, ipad etc as long as they can look for what they need to pm.... product, size, date and that its Canadian retailer.... People if your csm doesn't know about it ask for the Front duty manager
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sat, Oct 26th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
    avoncallingu and smcs28 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Well since mine won't and called HQ when I was standing there, and that is where I shop, other stores are not really much use

According to my WM and the person at HQ she spoke to (on speakerphone), by definition, it is not a competitor if I can't shop there. Their policy is local stores, if others have a better policy, great for them - but HQ confirmed, I heard it, I don't need to call them

The CSM at mine coupons, I will always go to her before the manager
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Yay! I haven't tried PMing a flyer to another province.

My local Walmart is pretty good though. I've PM'd to a city over an hour away, without a flyer - no issue (but the cashier did seem like she was only half paying attention). You never need a flyer to PM at the WM I go to, but they really appreciate it so that they can verify sizes (they've even thanked me a few times - I think maybe they get some rude people trying to PM wrong sizes without the flyer).

Edit: Is it sad that when I first saw the title I was bracing myself for bad news?
    Do you show them the flyer on your phone or something , or a printout of it ?

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I just called my Walmart here on PEI and I just asked if there were any changes made to their price matching policy and she said "Yes, we now price match Canada wide". I said, If I take a printed flyer over from Ontario, I could price match what is in it? She said "Yes". I asked if I could use my iphone and again she said yes as long as they could see details.

This is just awesome and I am so excited. Only drawback is we don't have a supercenter here on the Island and the one in Charlottetown don't even have coolers..

When I was down in Texas in the spring. They had something called a "Walmart Price Matcher". Guess it was like an app or somthing but it found all the cheapest places for things and listed them. You just checked off what you were wanting to get and print if off and take it to Walmart. I did this and when the cashier saw that I had it she didn't even need to see it. As she was ringing my things through she said "You just tell me how much". My whole order was price matched and as she rang things in I told her "how much". That was a crazy thing for this canadian to experience, lol.

Maybe, since Target is here doing their US thing then Walmart is going to follow suit as well. Maybe after this will come their own coupons and maybe that Walmart Price Matching App

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    just last weekend at WM I was refused to pm a grocery store that was located at another city 45 mins from there.....the cashier ask to see the address of the store....thought it was stupid, because it was only for orange and some veggies, sigh...at the end.i took my stuff and went to another cashier who was ok with the pm, but it really wasted my time and the time of people who were lining up behind(they all looked like they wanted scream at me) especially after the cashier call over the CSM, who never bother to come by after 10 mins of wait. I already insist to take my stuff away to another lane, he still insist to waits for the CSM....it was like he trying to catch me as a criminal for trying to pm a store outside of the city.....to add to the situation, my 2 years old daughter was crying too. that is the result for choosing the wrong cashier
    Was it a big store chain ?

If its one of the smaller chains with say only a few stores , they give you a hard time .

There are lot of small independent grocery stores or small chains , especially ethnic ones like small chinese supermarket chains in my area with much better prices than WM , but my WM doesn't PM them, if you show them their flyer .

These guys don't have lot of stores maybe 7-8 stores in the whole province , so WM doesn't consider them to be competition ..apparently not big enough for WM to PM
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Adding Brampton WM location... on Quarry Edge Dr. Spoke directly to store manager, who is amazing to talk to. Told me to contact him directly if I have any issues. Printable or Smart device friendly store as well. Was informed this has been out for a month now... so this shows its extremely slow movining...
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sat, Oct 26th, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    Adding Brampton WM location... on Quarry Edge Dr. Spoke directly to store manager, who is amazing to talk to. Told me to contact him directly if I have any issues. Printable or Smart device friendly store as well.

Thank you so much dariusz8 for putting all this work and time into doing this for us S'cers. I could have here in this little corner of the country and could have went months without knowing this. I really appreciate this a lot.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information