User Tag List

Page 31 of 338 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast
Like Tree11943Likes

Thread: Hot Deals to Price Match at Walmart WIKI Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jp-13 View Post
    Agreed with all above posters. Thanks a bunch cinpow for your hard efforts; you are amazing for putting in the work to share the great deals with us! I was able to get a bag of grapes for $2.40 @ WM by price matching, regular price would have been about $12!!! The cashier was shocked too

Yeah, I laughed at walmart's reg price on grapes too...its $3 a lb, but we pm for $.88 a lb....huge price difference. also thanks for all the "thanks" from everyone here. I thought if I was going to read thou all the flyers anyways, why don't I write side notes while doing it and share with others. there might be things that I don't need and its at a real good price that others might need to pm for. if you notice the items with a * on my list, they are actually items going on my shopping list, the rest are references for other people

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

BD block cheese 500 g is on special this week at Supermarche PA http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada...april-14-to-19 $2.99 (use 0.75 coupon)
    ROMEO and cinpow like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by teyville View Post
    As for WM, you can use store coupons, cashiers should apply it as pricematch transaction using the WM price of the item, as WM cant reimburse the value of the store coupons. Not all of the cashiers are aware of this!
    Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    walmarts here won't take other stores coupons, so its YMMV.....which store were you at if you don't mind telling.
    I contacted Walmart,their reply:
    Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us. In regards to your email, we accept competitors’ coupons as long as the following criterias are met:
    Must be issued by a Canadian competitor
    A specific item for a specified price , for example, $2.99
    Buy one, get one free(BoGo) coupons for items with a specified price
    Must have a valid expiration date
    Acceptable in black and white or color
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did my weekly PM at Walmart tonight. (Thanks Cinpow and other contributors). I purposely went after 10:00 PM thinking it would not be busy. Not the case. It took me 15 minutes at the cash to PM with my iPad and some flyers. I was very organized - I bought 33 items and priced match all but 6 items.

By the time I was finished there must have been 8 people in line waiting. (I am sure there was some glares but I kept my eyes at the register). I felt bad for those waiting... But I want to save money. .... My time is limited so I try to make it 1 trip per week.

Any suggestions?
    ROMEO and bluzsuz like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseenzo View Post
    Did my weekly PM at Walmart tonight. (Thanks Cinpow and other contributors). I purposely went after 10:00 PM thinking it would not be busy. Not the case. It took me 15 minutes at the cash to PM with my iPad and some flyers. I was very organized - I bought 33 items and priced match all but 6 items.

By the time I was finished there must have been 8 people in line waiting. (I am sure there was some glares but I kept my eyes at the register). I felt bad for those waiting... But I want to save money. .... My time is limited so I try to make it 1 trip per week.

Any suggestions?
    Not much we can do for others stuck behind us in line except be as organized as we can and help the cashier so that it can be as quick as possible. I often choose the longest line, so that I feel like I earned the right to make others wait lol. Last time the person behind me had a stack of flyers in her hand so I felt relieved knowing she understood and wouldn't mind the wait. If people get really annoyed, they can choose another lane.
    ROMEO, momof3heathens and Jp-13 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been price matching over past couple of weeks @ WM and have noticed that it does take quite a while and sometimes the lineup behind me starts to become just that.. haha and I do get the glares and do get nervous. But just tell yourself in your own head "I'm probably paying 1/3 of what tehse people are paying for probably a lot more stuff". What makes it harder is when sometimes the cashiers aren't clear on PM'ing and will go back and forth to confirm with manager for each store or item. Sounds like your very organized and as sun_shine already stated, there's not much we can do, we try our best to be as fast and if they are having a problem, they can go to another lane. As for organization, I try to make a list of the items in the order I'm going to buy them, then I arrange those items in the same order on the cash counter/belt for pricing(don't know what its called) and I will have the pictures/flyers/ads saved in the same order as my shopping list, just to make it a bit easier. Also try going in around 1-2pm, I find it to be pretty slow around that time usually and cashiers in a great mood and happy to PM, and not make it a hassle. Hope that helps!

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Jp-13; Wed, Apr 16th, 2014 at 02:52 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually had some pretty stressed out people behind me just over past weekend, the cashier notice it too, so she just tell me to tell her the prices and she will just do it, don't need to show her the flyers, just to make things go quicker before that person behind going to scream at me. the cashier knows i m a regular at the store and I have to earned her trust from before. after I was done, I thanked the person behind for waiting and I m sorry to make her wait so long, she just looked at me with a mad face.
    Last edited by cinpow; Wed, Apr 16th, 2014 at 03:19 AM.
    ROMEO and Jp-13 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

Free catelli pasta with your websaver coupon:
    http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada...o-23/single/15
    0.99 catelli (-$1)
    ROMEO and emg like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I was so excited to go to Walmart this morning to pick up the Thai Kitchen coconut for free with coupons.... but my bubble burst pretty fast... Walmart carries the regular size (400ml) and the ones on sale at Eraa are 160ml, can't win them all
    ROMEO likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Just went to WM with a list of things I wanted to PM and walked out with 2 (after a 1 hour bus trip ) because everything was out of stock, or they told me they won't PM (I guess no meat from Asian markets ) what a let down!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks all for your PMing advice. I find I do get nervous at the cash, especially if I can't find the product I am PMing. I usually do have the flyers in the order of my products on the belt, but sometimes one get lost.

i would love to go during the day, but handling a 2 1/2 year old and PMing is just too much for me. I have to fight him for the iPad!

So I'll take some deep breathes and keep saying in my head, my PMing mantra " this worth it, I am saving lots of money!"
    sun_shine and Jp-13 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Any suggestions?
    I always give the next person who comes behind me in line the heads up that I am price matching and it might take a bit longer, before they start unloading their cart and thank them for their patience when I am leaving. I find it works well. I don't get too concerned beyond that. If people don't like it they can go to another line or shop somewhere else where price matching isn't done.

If I have a lot of Price matching to do, then I go when the store opens so I am inconveniencing the least amount of people.

I also find that my mood affects other people. So if I am stressed about it, so are others. So always be organized, have a relaxed but confident attitude and it changes the dynamic and people don't seem to get as annoyed.

That's just been my experience and observations as I get more comfortable with price matching and am more organized and relaxed about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Valerey likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry to hear that your trip didn't go as planned! I certainly don't like it when this happens and it's happened to me plenty of times. I've learned that WM's are inconsistent with their PM policy, and it really depends on the manager and/or cashier. I went one day to PM bananas from an Asian store flyer and was told they do not PM Asian stores, by the cashier, talked to the manager and she said same thing. Next week, I went again and I tried price matching an Asian store flyer, and did so without any trouble, the manager was right by the cashier and didn't say anything. Sometimes I just find that the cashiers we are dealing with aren't too willing to help us PM and make up their own rules. I always try to pick out a cashier that seems pleasant haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    Just went to WM with a list of things I wanted to PM and walked out with 2 (after a 1 hour bus trip ) because everything was out of stock, or they told me they won't PM (I guess no meat from Asian markets ) what a let down!

mothu's trading list
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

More natrel
    maple milk.. @grants food at. 2 for $1....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cbnd29 View Post
    I always give the next person who comes behind me in line the heads up that I am price matching and it might take a bit longer, before they start unloading their cart and thank them for their patience when I am leaving. I find it works well. I don't get too concerned beyond that. If people don't like it they can go to another line or shop somewhere else where price matching isn't done.

If I have a lot of Price matching to do, then I go when the store opens so I am inconveniencing the least amount of people.

I also find that my mood affects other people. So if I am stressed about it, so are others. So always be organized, have a relaxed but confident attitude and it changes the dynamic and people don't seem to get as annoyed.

That's just been my experience and observations as I get more comfortable with price matching and am more organized and relaxed about it.
    Exactly what I do, word for word! lol

Always let the next poor sucker that comes up behind you know that you have coupons. 9 times out of 10 they go to another cashier, but almost always thank me for letting them know!

And attitude is everything! I know I am entitled to pm and coupon, however not everyone does, including the cashiers. The nicer I am, the better the experience. Besides they get to know you after a while and you don't want to be labelled as the "coupon ". I'm sure between cashiers and management, they can pretty much shut down your life of couponing.

cbnd29 likes this.

Page 31 of 338 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread Information