User Tag List

Page 110 of 338 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 5066
Like Tree11943Likes

Thread: Hot Deals to Price Match at Walmart WIKI Thread

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Bad news about the Walmart in Vancouver.

I was told at the store today that they can not price match outside of our province because "we don't know what their restrictions are". The cashier even asked a manager to confirm.

If this is true, I won't be shopping at Walmart anymore, and I guess I won't be able to contribute on this thread either! I put back a lot of onions and potatoes and soy sauce. Pretty depressing. But thanks to cinpow, purple bunny, aww, emg, and others who post on here about deals! I have saved a bunch of money over the last few months.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Does anyone know if Walmart sells ground meat by the pound? Specifically for price matching, so by the lb.
    As far as I can recall, it's only chicken pieces (drums, legs, breast) and pork loin cuts that are sold for a $ by the lb.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sixballoons View Post

I was told at the store today that they can not price match outside of our province because "we don't know what their restrictions are". The cashier even asked a manager to confirm.

If this is true, I won't be shopping at Walmart anymore, and I guess I won't be able to contribute on this thread either! I put back a lot of onions and potatoes and soy sauce. Pretty depressing. But thanks to cinpow, purple bunny, aww, emg, and others who post on here about deals! I have saved a bunch of money over the last few months.
    I hope this doesnt happen to the Province of Ontario. Sorry to hear this.
    emg, peachy1 and sixballoons like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Does anyone know if Walmart sells ground meat by the pound? Specifically for price matching, so by the lb.
    As far as I can recall, it's only chicken pieces (drums, legs, breast) and pork loin cuts that are sold for a $ by the lb.
    The ones at mine are per pack pricing, the tubes are 1lb but wouldnt be the same comparable item

Quote Originally Posted by ladymonkey View Post
    I hope this doesnt happen to the Province of Ontario. Sorry to hear this.
    Some Ontario are already same province only, it seems to be store specific. One of the ones here and one in the next city are ON only
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Vancouver used to. They stopped a few months ago. Langley stopped as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixballoons View Post

sixballoons likes this.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    Ewwk we have to take advantage of it, maybe they will stop nationwide?
    sixballoons likes this.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Its a pack price but its very easy to pm, just convert the lb price to kg price (you should do this in advance for all produce as well to make it quick). All packs are sold as 1/2 kg or 1 kg

http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/food_price/
    oscarandme likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The last time I pm'd there was right at the end of August. It was a good run anyway if it is over! I am going to call customer service tomorrow just to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I am so hard headed when it comes to meat Price Matching...my husband is always with me so he takes over. I was wondering how to a get a grip on this so thank you for this link and will try and create a list to make things easier for us and the cashiers. Thank you so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ubertec View Post
    Its a pack price but its very easy to pm, just convert the lb price to kg price (you should do this in advance for all produce as well to make it quick). All packs are sold as 1/2 kg or 1 kg

babypiggy likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh gosh cinpow!!! no need to apologize. You are awesome and allot of work...thank you for all you do as usual!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    that was a mistake, I copy and pasted Walmart QC deal under GT, sorry for the confusion.

Attachment 258223
    peachy1 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive tried using the price per lb/kg but they refuse to adjust it on meat and the individually wraped peppers because they are in their system by the unit. Only time it works is with the halal meat which is still priced by the kg.
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is easy, but some stores just won't PM them

According to HQ none of their stores PM nationwide, it is not a policy. They were asked during the Target screw up saying they would PM nationwide and a VP for Walmart said they had no plans to do so. It may be stores are winding it down bc people mentioned lots of stores do PM
    sixballoons and toronto166 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I agree that the Target decision likely affected them - that, and all the 99c cereals and hot dogs, etc. through the summer and back to school. Also with Christmas coming up, they probably don't want to miss out on potential profits.

The crazy thing is that I was starting to buy kids' toys, produce, and even pharmaceutical items at Walmart since I was there price matching, so it was a very effective tool for changing my shopping behaviour.

Back to the hot deals though - my store had boxes of the Vicks Vapodrops and I was able to use some of the $2 coupons for overage, so that helped with my disappointment! Shelves were cleared of my standard Crest toothpaste though, so had to get the mint gel one. Can't argue with FREE though!

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    ...According to HQ none of their stores PM nationwide, it is not a policy. They were asked during the Target screw up saying they would PM nationwide and a VP for Walmart said they had no plans to do so. It may be stores are winding it down bc people mentioned lots of stores do PM

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

CSM at mine said abuse of it is primarily why stores are stopping it. She said when someone comes in and PMs 50 of the same item and has coupons it slows the cashiers down, costs the store and generally leaves a bad taste. In one case she saw a deal someone was PMing and told a friend who went to their app and the deal did not exist. They had edited the image to make $7.99 to $1.99. I asked why they don't just limit people to a set amount. She said they will cause a fuss or just go thru 10 times slowing them down more.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    CSM at mine said abuse of it is primarily why stores are stopping it. She said when someone comes in and PMs 50 of the same item and has coupons it slows the cashiers down, costs the store and generally leaves a bad taste. In one case she saw a deal someone was PMing and told a friend who went to their app and the deal did not exist. They had edited the image to make $7.99 to $1.99. I asked why they don't just limit people to a set amount. She said they will cause a fuss or just go thru 10 times slowing them down more.
    Lol I've been refused to do a second transaction when limits have been in place even if I left the store and went to a different cashier. Talk about anal, its not like I was trying to buy 50 of something but sometimes 6 of one item isn't enough. Cat food anyone? Juice? REGULAR Tuna? The list really goes on of what I don't normally buy only 6 of even if its at regular price.
    knitting nurse and peachy1 like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 110 of 338 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast

Thread Information