User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ScotiaLife Financial SPAM TELEMARKETER calls

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

On a lighter side - my grandparents are with RBC too. They kept getting the survey calls about how happy they were with their service. My grandmother finally decided not to hang up on them - and she told the CSR on the other end that the more questions they asked, the more she was going to rate their service poorly

As a person who was telemarketer (I only made it a month) - if you answer, tell them you want to be removed from all calling lists. Legally they have to. There is a 30-day period where you may still get calls (in our service, the company collected the numbers at the end of the month and removed them). It's important to say ALL though, as I worked for a company that called on behalf of another (in my case it was calls on behalf of American Express), and we had multiple calling lists - 1 for Amex, 1 for our call center, and I believe another one.
    Also, if you don't answer, you'll be put on a call back list. The system should not allow a call back within 15-30 minutes (I forget which). I personally always scheduled call backs for when I wasn't working

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Methinks, rose, that you'll have to find your bank branch manager to deal with the issue. Tell him/her that when you agreed to a financial advisor contact call, you did not agree to being called several times per day by an affliated company of theirs (as technically, ScotiaLife Financial is a separate corporate entity from Scotia Bank aka Bank of Nova Scotia). So tell the manager you want off all of the bank's calling lists unless there is a specific matter (not marketing!) related to account transactions that staff need to contact you about. Or you'll reach out to Ellen Roseman (the Star), who is doing wonders for people having telecom issues with cellular service providers.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Methinks, rose, that you'll have to find your bank branch manager to deal with the issue. Tell him/her that when you agreed to a financial advisor contact call, you did not agree to being called several times per day by an affliated company of theirs (as technically, ScotiaLife Financial is a separate corporate entity from Scotia Bank aka Bank of Nova Scotia). So tell the manager you want off all of the bank's calling lists unless there is a specific matter (not marketing!) related to account transactions that staff need to contact you about. Or you'll reach out to Ellen Roseman (the Star), who is doing wonders for people having telecom issues with cellular service providers.
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if there was anything they could do at branch level since it's technically not the bank itself. I will go and see what if anything they are able to do since I know the bank manager.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'd try the branch manager first because usually in your interactions at the branch do the staff pass along your contact information to whoever is doing the marketing calls for the affliated companies. See what you consented to regarding advisor calls-might be time to yank that consent right out>could have been verbally given at counter or maybe in your account documents when you opened account.

I don't know if you tried these contacts for SFL yet but I found this page:
    http://www1.scotialifefinancial.com/...,,5104,00.html
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had this problem with TD and I just went to my branch and told them to remove my phone number from any telemarketing programs they have, I do not wish to be contacted by phone for telemarketing purposes ever. And the phone calls stopped.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well the all calls to voicemail feature doesn't work since my phone still rings before sending the call to voicemail I was hoping it just wouldn't ring through and go straight to voicemail.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information