User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ScotiaLife Financial SPAM TELEMARKETER calls

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm so annoyed right now.
    There are three different phone numbers they are using: 1-866-245-3550, 1-800-747-3202, 416-581-8705. I have answered the Toronto area code one twice now and told them I have insurance that I'm happy with and I'm not interested in theirs, take me off the list because they are calling a prepaid cellphone and I get charged every time I answer the phone. If anything this has made the calls come more frequently!! I have received five calls from these three numbers in the last 19 hours!! I'm super pissed off. Is there anything that I can do about it? The best part is the 800 and 866 numbers show as coming from the US so of course if I did the do not call registry they would still be able to call. I seriously feel like it's bordering on harassment now. I used to get called maybe once a week from these numbers until I told the Toronto people to stop calling me and then it intensified. They call me at least 6+ times a day starting at 9am and going until 10pm. They woke me up this morning at 9:45am with the 866 number...ON A SATURDAY!!!!!
    I'm seriously tempted to switch banks since I never had this problem with calls until I gave the bank my number for the financial advisor to call me. Would emailing the president of Scotiabank help me any in getting these calls to stop? I found the email for if you have a complaint, but not sure if they would be able to deal with these outsourced calls since it's Optima calling on behalf of ScotiaLife Financial.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Feb 2nd, 2015 at 05:00 PM.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I get that with TD - every other day and once at 8am. I put them on call block because they told me that since I bank with them they have the right to call. Like wtf..
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I get that with TD - every other day and once at 8am. I put them on call block because they told me that since I bank with them they have the right to call. Like wtf..
    The thing with me is that they are calling a cell phone that is prepaid so I don't have a block option. They are also calling 6+ times a day!! I would be fine with one call every other day or a few times a week because I would just let it ring and not pick up like I do anyway once I see that it's a 800 or 866 number. I've labeled the toronto number as spam and saved it to contacts so that if they call again I don't get fooled into answering it thinking it might be for an interview or something.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

They are using this number as well. 1-866-846-2822 Sucks that you are going through this but nice to know that I am not the only one they are harassing.
    Just call me Wolfie

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Yup. those are the exact numbers that call me and I hit my decline button on the phone right away. If I want anything extra on my account I sure as hell wont be speaking to them over the phone, I would go in person and deal with it.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    They are using this number as well. 1-866-846-2822 Sucks that you are going through this but nice to know that I am not the only one they are harassing.

Yep they called me with this number at 8pm tonight too and I was just going to come and add it LOL! They have called a total of 9 times today using all the numbers listed on this thread and it's a freaking Saturday!!!!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

sure email the manager or whomever.. do it 9 times a day.. be better if you could get their home #s though
    Momof3girlies and wolfwoman like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been having a problem with spam calls lately too, not necessarily from a bank but just random crap from Toronto and US phone numbers. Like 5+ times a day, very annoying! #firstworldproblems

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I changed my phone number a couple years ago and refused to change it with Scotiabank. I used to always get calls from them trying to sell me insurance. It didn't matter how many time I would tell them to never call me, because they would just keep calling. My only recommendation is to make up a phony number and update that to your account.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, are you on the Do Not Call List?
    Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Not true. You can call the customer service number and ask to be put on the bank's internal Do No Call list. I would also follow up with an e-mail. Keep the e-mail. Use it as evidence if the try again.

Enbridge and Direct Energy tried that gimmick with us too but we put a stop to that.
    Momof3girlies and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post

Not true. You can call the customer service number and ask to be put on the bank's internal Do No Call list. I would also follow up with an e-mail. Keep the e-mail. Use it as evidence if the try again.

Enbridge and Direct Energy tried that gimmick with us too but we put a stop to that.
    Very true. You can call the customer service number of your bank (I don't know about calling the actual bank), and ask to be removed from all their calling lists. I had to do it with Royal Bank - they were always calling me with surveys and credit card offers.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

everytime they call me and they do at least 3-4 times a month, i block their number.
    Not sure what kind of phone you have but Iphones have the luxury of an option of blocking numbers once theyve called you :D

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post

It wouldn't matter if I was since the do not call registry says that if you have done business with them in the last 18 months they are still allowed to call you. So since I bank with Scotiabank that apparently makes it okay for them to harass me with phone calls all hours of the day according to the DNCL

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Very true. You can call the customer service number of your bank (I don't know about calling the actual bank), and ask to be removed from all their calling lists. I had to do it with Royal Bank - they were always calling me with surveys and credit card offers.
    I'll try that and see if it gets me off their damn list!

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    everytime they call me and they do at least 3-4 times a month, i block their number.
    Not sure what kind of phone you have but Iphones have the luxury of an option of blocking numbers once theyve called you :D
    Galaxy Nexus and I've checked already to see if there was a way to block numbers and haven't found anything. Even to set a ringtone there is no option to have it not ring...What I did last night after researching to see if I could block numbers was label them all under the same contact as SPAM telemarketer and checked the box that says all calls to voicemail. They haven't called yet today so going to see if this makes it not ring when they call. If so I will add every single telemarketer number to this contact and have them all go to voicemail so maybe they will get the hint and stop calling me.
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    Thanks for the info, I've had an 877 number call me, and I googled it and i think it is RBC calling me. The one time I did pick it up (they call me about 5-8 times per day!) no one was on the other end. I don't bank with RBC (i HATE businesses who further solicit my business, so happy I belong to a credit union) but I have an RRSP with them through the company I work for.

talk about freakin' annoying.
    c_mcarthur likes this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information