• 3 Post By lecale
  • 4 Post By Valerey
  • 3 Post By Momof3girlies
  • 2 Post By Big Pink
  • 2 Post By Judyhill

Thread: Printing flyers and apps...

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Hello SC members! I need some advice here please. Now that WM is/will be PM the country, how to PM at the cash?? I have been lucky enough to live at the edge of provinces but even when printing the flyers on the Quebec side some of the flyers are not printing properly, no date at the top, page cuts off of course at the item I want to PM and using up mega toner even on econo-save mode. Is PDF accepted where you shop because I have run into a few cashiers saying that I typed that up..is anyone else getting these dilemas? Is there one way to get all on one page. I used to print the flyer of the ones I do not get (whichare several and now even more)on SC but now not as clear so cannot rely on that anymore. Too bright, too small, too far, I appreciate the postings do not get me wrong but unclear..I can use the zoom option on my pc when viewing but when printing cannot rely on anymore.

and

If you are using your phone do you stand there and search, scroll down to PM at cash for all items as you unload,watch the till, watch the children and tell the cashier about the PM? That must take a while? I am certainly not that agile even if I had the technology to do so? I have not seen anyone do it that way yet, is that how it is done?

I would appreciate any TIPS and TRICKS in this regard. Thank you for your advice everyone.

ALSO

Just thought about this is RCSS doing the same at WM yet? not just local I mean?
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Momof3girlies and Judyhill like this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

We'll I wouldn't print the flyer cause I'm too cheap to waste that much ink....my plan and what I've done so far is to have the pages open on my phone to the pages I'm going to price match to....so I don't have to go looking....just open my phone and voila ...the pages are waiting for me...and less chance of pi**ing off cashiers and other customers
    ....just be happy

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 07:53 AM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Ohhhhhhh! That is how the pros do it...Voila.. Merci bien!!!! You make it sound so easy. Our cel only dials, we have no internet access but if it is like our computer just leaving the windows open is what you mean??? Oh.....now I understand. Thank you so much saddlebag. DH complains how much I print and he is cheap but it's the only way I can do right now but this might be a new sales pitch for internet access on phone now. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
    We'll I wouldn't print the flyer cause I'm too cheap to waste that much ink....my plan and what I've done so far is to have the pages open on my phone to the pages I'm going to price match to....so I don't have to go looking....just open my phone and voila ...the pages are waiting for me...and less chance of pi**ing off cashiers and other customers
    Momof3girlies and Judyhill like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh lecale, I love you. You also make it so much easier. I printed the directions until I get the hang of it or until we get internet access on cel...but so very much appreciate the tutorial. You have helped me so much and no doubt other members as well. SC members are the very best...Thank you so much again.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Oscar in your browser find Print Setup (Sometimes you have to go Print --> Print Setup)

• There is a 'shrink to fit page width option' there, select it. If you are printing a wide page like WM pick landscape and a tall page e.g. SDM pick portrait
    • It is qa good idea to select YES to 'print background colours and images' to guarantee things turn out looking right

Attachment 199359

Click on the next tab, I am showing default settings here:

Attachment 199360

• Reduce your margins as much as your printer will let you, probably to 0.2

Under headers and Footers:

• Select URL, blank, blank for the first row and this will print the entire page url at the top
    • Leave the second row as is
    Momof3girlies, lecale and Judyhill like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 07:54 AM.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Thank you for the advice! May need it as well!

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

THANK YOU!! I dread price matching yet, due to the line ups always at my local Walmart. I always just organize my items first with the coupons in hand and some don't understand the English wording on the coupons and it takes a bit for my husband to translate into French. hehe. (I am slowly learning from my girls as they are speaking French like there is no tomorrow). Anyways, got off track here.. thanks for this post!
    lecale, Judyhill and oscarandme like this.

Never stop learning... Big Pink's Avatar
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I have not tried PM with my phone yet (okay, not at all ... please don't tell Koolaid), but I've been playing around with FlyerFlo and the Screenshot UX app. Seems like it might work. I zoom in a bit on the flyer, and take a screenshot.

The FlyerFlo app has the flyer dates and other info in the header and footer. In theory, could work. Might depend on the cashier or store. Quality would depend on the flyer picture in the first place.

All the organizational work could then be done in the fashion most of us are used to ... renaming files, using folders, etc. to prep for a shopping trip. I'm thinking it might not be too bad once you get the hang of it.

I've seen PM at RCSS with a phone with no trouble from the cashier. Don't know who the customer was... but I was impressed!!!! I couldn't help thinking they (a young couple) HAD to be SC members!!!! I've never seen anything like it in my life. Coupons... flyers... phone... all coordinated. They were cashing out quicker than most customers without coupons. The cashier is a great one, too, which didn't hurt. I wanted to watch the whole transaction but the store was busy and I couldn't pretend to pack my bags for too much longer than I had. I digress.

This is one of my first attempts (just a random product):

Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  53.4 KB

Screenshot app (Screenshot UX Trial):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tuxtrial&hl=en
    FlyerFlo:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erfloapp&hl=en

Might pay off to get a small data plan and save the ink and trees... depending on how much you shop. Or has been mentioned with the PC screenshots, you could even transfer those to your phone by USB cable... no data required.

Perhaps I'll get the nerve to try one day.
    lecale and oscarandme like this.
    “Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.” – Mother Teresa

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I found something that works very well on my Iphone. I have the Smartcanuck for mobile and I go into the big flyer section and click on the flyer I want. I then save it to my home screen. When I want to pull up that flyer, I just go to it on my home screen and because I got it from the canucks flyer section, the name of the flyer and the valid dates shows on each of the pages of the flyer. (This is from the flyer section that is on the main page for canucks and is on the same line at the Blog is on. Until the other night, I never knew this ever exited)

I am going to donate a whole page of my home screen for flyers and save any that I think I might use on it. That way I will have easy access to them. When that flyer runs out then I can just delete it.
    Last edited by Judyhill; Wed, Oct 30th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
    saddlebag and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

We own a version of the I've fallen and I can't get up cell phone(dial and hang-up basicaly) no internet...all this scares the bejesus out of me. I'm old man. It sound simple in theory but I see myself on the front page of the Ottawa Citizen "cashier attacks Smartcanucker Price-Matcher" and some angry hecklers in line cheered her on".

Thank you for your input on various scenarios being used and being admired. It is amazing how couponing seems for me to have developed so many skills that I have been running away from for years. This is one of them that with your kind help I will learn to master as soon as I get a cel/tablet/ipad/ipod/clone/android/. I know I do not just speak for myself that we learn so much with everyone sharing and this truly has been the best school for me to learn from. Thanks everyone...and for being patient with me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Judyhill View Post
    I found something that works very well on my Iphone. I have the Smartcanuck for mobile and I go into the big flyer section and click on the flyer I want. I then save it to my home screen. When I want to pull up that flyer, I just go to it on my home screen and because I got it from the canucks flyer section, the name of the flyer and the valid dates shows on each of the pages of the flyer. (This is from the flyer section that is on the main page for canucks and is on the same line at the Blog is on. Until the other night, I never knew this ever exited)

I am going to donate a whole page of my home screen for flyers and save any that I think I might use on it. That way I will have easy access to them. When that flyer runs out then I can just delete it.

Thread Information