User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree279Likes

Thread: coupon burnout?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

i've been away from the sc forums for a month now, but i'm back!
    i've just felt so burnt out by the whole couponing thing, i had to take a break and make it fun for myself again.

what do you guys do to avoid coupon burnout?
    do you ever take breaks from time to time?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nope I have never burnt out been doing it for 20 some odd years -I find it so much fun-nice that you took a break if needed-mind you cant find that many coupons from stores so trading on here helps out and trains-I don't sew,knit or crochet so this is my true hobby for life
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Oct 20th, 2013 at 07:48 AM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't really take a break.. instead every winter i slow down when my pain level goes up... LOL But you came back just in time to start stacking at SOF and right when a price war is about to start up... NICE TIMING LADY!... oh yeah and welcome back!
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Everyone is talking about this...yep i am definately tired of it and it seems like too much work these days for what it is and half the coupons for products you don't even buy or you end up getting something because it is a good deal. I used to do a lot of it now I try my best year after year to limit that.

I am starting to greatly ponder if it is more worth it to just do what I do and get what I need and if there happens to be a coupon/deal for something i wanted in the first place out there then I will take advantage.

Been couponing for 6 years now.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I sometimes "burn out" when I'm not feeling great and I get inserts but they arent sorted and start piling up and I can't shop... Sometimes I have to let FPCs expire or find someone who can come pick them up... when it gets like that.. I get overwhelmed and toss it all and then start over instead of trying to catch up.. I'm a bit ocd though so I'm like that with all things I do.. I go all in and then burn out a bit..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i get my inserts and printable coupons, i dont trade or go looking for coupons, so its just a hobby i "do" every week when the flyers come out, if nothing on sale matches my coupons, oh well, wait until next week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I am definitely burned out. I think that chasing deals gets to be too much and I am changing my strategy.I find the popularity of the 3 day sales is what has done it for me, I end up running to 3 different stores on Fridays to get things before they are gone, and my morning is gone, is the $5 I saved worth the extra gas and stops, I am not sure but I am passing on some things because my time is as important as the saving sometimes!! I only will keep coupons for things I use or want to try and for only the amount I need.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Most of my coupons are through flyers and the rest from one or two online sources-however, I don't find most of the coupons useful (don't buy the items or the money availability does not coincide with coupon expiry dates).

The best coupons this year have come from samples ($1 off Woolite) or reward redemption (Stouffers gave 2 x $1.50 coupons with the item I redeemed points for), so that means keeping tabs on the e-newsletters and online programs to see what comes along.

I'll keep checking flyers here on SC (thanks, early posters!) and in the paper bundle to ensure I'm not missing the price trends on items that I will buy or intend to buy if on sale. When I'm not worried about budget, I'll pay retail if I need the item and happen to be in the store's vicnity with my wallet.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have slowed down for a few months now....mostly just price matching groceries at walmart. and maybe only use one or two coupon for other things. compare to the old me, I use at least 5 or more coupons at once. most of the coupons is for non-grocery, and I m already fully stocked on other things, so I think its time to slow down.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I won't be doing my monthly Smartsource tear pad thread any more in the new year. Too much work nowadays. I don't really consume a lot and I want to cut back and just coupon for what little I actually need now.

I have to say that I'm pretty amazed at the couponing opportunities I see these days. In spite of the challenges I still think it's a great time to be a couponer. Especially in the west where we can stack for all kinds of groceries at Save On now. And for anyone just getting into the game, I think this website's coupon forum has become more useful than ever.
    Last edited by mcminsen; Mon, Oct 21st, 2013 at 06:08 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't use as many coupons as I used to as I have a big stock pile of cleaning, beauty, tp paper towels etc. if it is a really great deal or free I will buy it, but it does get exhausting chasing every deal and running all over town. My new addiction is target clearance though...and stacking there as we'll. sometimes you just have to let deals go if you are fully stocked.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponKitten View Post
    i've been away from the sc forums for a month now, but i'm back!
    i've just felt so burnt out by the whole couponing thing, i had to take a break and make it fun for myself again.

what do you guys do to avoid coupon burnout?
    do you ever take breaks from time to time?
    Hey OP, what do you mean by coupon burnout?
    How did you do your couponing
    Thx.
    YOU AND ME and ticul like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    I won't be doing my monthly Smartsource tear pad thread any more in the new year. Too much work nowadays. I don't really consume a lot and I want to cut back and just coupon for what little I actually need now.

I have to say that I'm pretty amazed at the couponing opportunities I see these days. In spite of the challenges I still think it's a great time to be a couponer. Especially in the west where we can stack for all kinds of groceries at Save On now. And for anyone just getting into the game, I think this website's coupon forum has become more useful than ever.
    We will really miss your monthly tear pad thread, I have found it invaluable when I am out looking for tear pads, but I completely understand how much time you have spent to provide the information for us.Thank you very much for doing this.
    I agree there are still excellent opportunities for couponers and it does save so much money, It is the time involved that has made it hard for me I just have to prioritize better.Your thread has saved me a substantial amount of time by knowing what to look for!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Most months, I look forward to the 31st when some of my coupons expire and my booklet weighs less
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I burn out because of the sheer volume of coupons I have and I cannot sort them.

So sometimes they sit unsorted in an envelope and I forget to use them. And you know what, that's ok. You don't have to get in on every deal. There's lots of times that people will drive around looking for something free. I prefer shopping by myself and don't want DH to drive me around, and its not worth me taking the subway everywhere to get stuff that I may or may not find. Remember, if you spend more than 1 hour to save $10 you're making less than min. wage.

My stockpile is pretty good right now. Don't need to buy handsoap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, bar soap, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap for a year. Coffee for at least 6 months. Batteries and air fresheners for like 5 years. Why keep looking for deals if you're already stocked up?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information