User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Canada Post stole my sample pack!!!!

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

really sucks.
    not participating anymore than that in this borderline hostile converstation lol
    tmlskk01, Gazpache and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

When I sold on ebay , I sent a package to a dude in the US.. it was in a brown bubble envelope .. It comes back stamped saying the person refused to accept it because the package was damaged... I swear half the package was gone.. I get it back.. peek inside and there are the gloves still.. I do believe there are times that things get stolen, mostly likely bday cards with money in them.. gift cards.. I had a phone prepaid card stolen coming through customs but I honestly can't see people stealing sample packs. I can see them getting crushed in transition and items missing but it doesnt seem logical to steal these samples..
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HOLD THE PHONE! When I posted that a friend who was a carrier told me that HE among others here in Sudbury ALL took ONE, it's the exact thing HE told me!
    Naturally we're not bashing every mail carrier on the planet, but there are rotten apples, and sometimes there's a whole bushel of them if they're not properly guided by management! How would anyone know that someone held back a small parcel for themselves while on their route? Actually, his route was in his own neighbourhood, and he could have stuffed it into his own mailbox!

As for ranting about one piece of mail, even if it is a sample, IF it was taken, what does that say about her confidence in the mail system? Yes, it's not about world peace, and starving children, but who says the two are mutually exclusive?
    I worry about the world, too, had lean times as a young family, but that doesn't mean that theft doesn't bother me, even if it's an insignificant item. I sent a homemade gift to someone in Ontario that never showed up! And I'm still mad about it...how dare anyone pilfer a piece of mail no matter WHAT it is?!! It's a dssappointment..and that's never a good feeling.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I picked up my package today - the way it was packed, one end was definitely bulging enough to open the flap a bit. But it had 2 stickers sealing the end instead of one. I'm not commenting on what happened to your package (especially since the toothpaste was in a box, so it would be strange for it to be open), but I could definitely see my package breaking open if something heavy were to have been set on the one end.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    When I sold on ebay , I sent a package to a dude in the US.. it was in a brown bubble envelope .. It comes back stamped saying the person refused to accept it because the package was damaged... I swear half the package was gone.. I get it back.. peek inside and there are the gloves still.. I do believe there are times that things get stolen, mostly likely bday cards with money in them.. gift cards.. I had a phone prepaid card stolen coming through customs but I honestly can't see people stealing sample packs. I can see them getting crushed in transition and items missing but it doesnt seem logical to steal these samples..
    Only thing I want to mention about this is that it may have been customs, I've send packages to people in the US that have said it arrived ripped open because of border control.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Has happened to me too
    Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Only thing I want to mention about this is that it may have been customs, I've send packages to people in the US that have said it arrived ripped open because of border control.
    thriftygranny likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i m not sure if this is for sudden area or mailing routes, but where my in laws lives, just a couple months ago my bro in law's finally got his G2 and his drivers license went missing in the mail, not once, but twice, he immediately reported to the Ministry center the first time it happened, center claimed it was sent out to the right address before the deadline. they had to cancel the missing one and re sent a new ones again. Second time, it never show up. He went back to center and complain, the staffs said he should go to Canada Post to complain, because this is confidential IDs. at the end he finally got the license, but it took more than 1.5months time. Sometimes they also get letters that comes opened. letters like Airmails or something related to points.....these kinda things never happens over here where I live.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

This is crazy... that he admits he is a thief and the people he works with are too.. he should be reported to CP .... if they are willing to steal something inexpensive you can be sure they are helping themselves to other, more expensive things... I'm so naive sometimes, I assumed that they had cameras all over the place at the sorting stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    HOLD THE PHONE! When I posted that a friend who was a carrier told me that HE among others here in Sudbury ALL took ONE, it's the exact thing HE told me!
    Naturally we're not bashing every mail carrier on the planet, but there are rotten apples, and sometimes there's a whole bushel of them if they're not properly guided by management! How would anyone know that someone held back a small parcel for themselves while on their route? Actually, his route was in his own neighbourhood, and he could have stuffed it into his own mailbox!

As for ranting about one piece of mail, even if it is a sample, IF it was taken, what does that say about her confidence in the mail system? Yes, it's not about world peace, and starving children, but who says the two are mutually exclusive?
    I worry about the world, too, had lean times as a young family, but that doesn't mean that theft doesn't bother me, even if it's an insignificant item. I sent a homemade gift to someone in Ontario that never showed up! And I'm still mad about it...how dare anyone pilfer a piece of mail no matter WHAT it is?!! It's a dssappointment..and that's never a good feeling.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Did any of those 3 ladies actually march down and file a complaint with CP? You are going way too far in drawing the conclusion you have as 3 is not a very high number of people that have had samples come damaged......considering the cazillions of these things that pass through the Depots.
    2 of the 3 did to my knowledge.

I may have worded my original post a bit strangely, but what I meant to say was that I frequently hear of sample packages or gift cards going missing and it doesn't seem like a coincidence anymore when 3 people in my town who all had theirs delivered on the same day had large portions of their stuff (the good stuff) go missing.

I'm not saying everyone at CP is a bad egg, I'm saying I've had stuff go missing myself as well and I think it's fairly obvious in a lot of cases that damage was not accidental and somebody is doing it on purpose.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

It may have been customs but usually they put custom tape on it..I sent about 80 packages a month , that was the only time I know it happened. It may have been that though.. I'm just shocked it made it to the customer and back with half the envelope missing.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Lynn49 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I hope you reported him! I would not be so quick to call him a friend of mine.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I was just going to say the same thing. OBVIOUSLY there are some CP workers out there that are thieves, plan and simple. Does that make them all bad? Of course NOT, but its really naive of people to think that there is no way they would steal sample boxes, of course they would. People steal all kinds of crazy stuff, thieves don't care. Sorry your sample pack was stolen, I would be upset if that happens to me too. Unfortunately, in all professions, there are bad apples.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I should also mention that the parcel that I posted that went missing, I reported here, and at the destination and all they did was accuse each other.
    So there you go. Great service.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Sorry about your sample package
    dariusz8 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well this all led to a VERY interesting convo to read, you guys are great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information