User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Canada Post stole my sample pack!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I signed up for saple source a month ago an my pack showed up today.... Sort of. It came COMPLETELY smashed and open with some tape pathetically wrapped around it with one of those "your package was found damaged" stickers on it. All that was left inside? An open box of a mini Colgate toothpaste. I don't know if I want to cry or punch someone in the f*****g face! How DARE they. And there's just no way it WASN'T them!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    rhinoswife likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No, there's no way it wasn't them, because an old friend who still works for CP said that when sample pacs come through they ALL take one! Problem is: prove it.
    tasha313 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the sample source pack was sealed very tightly with glue, I even have to use a cutter to open it, my scissor didn't do the trick to open it. so it got to be someone "purposely" opened it.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Wow!! CP bashing much?? You guys are quick to blame employees when you have NO PROOF! Do you know how those samples are transported along the way? Do you actually know the kind of damage that can happen to these things while they get squished under some other heavy parcels? NO! None of you know! But you sure like to assume that every employee that works at CP is out to take your free stuff, Wow!! Just wow!! Believe it or not MOST employees could care less about your precious samples. The last guy to touch it ( your carrier ) seems to be the first one you accuse, when by the time it arrives in his cart to sort it is already bagged with the plastic apology/damaged item thing. Whatever!
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Oct 29th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Unfortunate for you but I'm with Walks. The day I cry over a missing razor and a few samples is the day I need need to get a therapist

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's not about the COST of the item, or the size. It's about the fact that someone out there STOLE something from me. It's about the principal, someone stole from a person that can't afford to be stolen from, that p*sses me off. Do you think I give a crap about a razor? Of course not, just don't eff with me. You have to look at the big picture or you miss the whole point.

And I DON'T blame my mail carriers, I LOVE my mail carriers they are amazing and super sweet to me. I'm blaming someone else down the line. And as someone that has worked for FedEx, oh hey gguess what I'm not just talking outta my butt when I say that it was TOTALLY a CP worker. Those packages are HARD to get into, standard mail handling is not going to likely tear one side of your box open and leave you an OPEN toothpaste.

Just because MOST employees don't care doesn't mean SOME aren't thieves, and honestly, I don't hate thieves just don't steal from me. And who are you to say that none of us have any idea about the damage that can be done in postal transit because you oobviously have no idea which ones of us have worked with post before. Like me.
    rhinoswife and keeko1 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Unfortunate for you but I'm with Walks. The day I cry over a missing razor and a few samples is the day I need need to get a therapist
    Be thankful that you have enough income that you can aafford to buy razors. You do resize that there are women out there that the only way they can get them is through shelter handouts or free samples. If I was one of those women and someone stole my razor and I had to go ANOTHER month without one because I was just that POOR, then yes I would cry about the loss of a razor, and no I wouldn't need to seek a therapist". Be great full that you're well off enough that you can be so cavalier about the loss of your things. For some people couponing isn't a fun hobby, it's a necessity to survive.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

OP, have you also followed through with CP in the form of a complaint? I mean it is worth a shot to have them set up a case file for you and monitor your mail over a certain period to see what comes and what condition it is in when it comes. CP investigations takes these accusations very seriously, so try following through with them as well as simply accusing someone in their company of theft.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

You have proof that your package was damaged but absolutely no proof that anyone, and in particular a Canada Post employee, stole anything. When a parcel is damaged the odds are pretty good that the contents may fall out and become lost. Although I do not work for Canada Post, I find it offensive that one or some of their employees are automatically assumed guilty. The box could easily have gotten caught in a conveyor belt.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You're right, it could have gotten caught. It also could have been stolen. Alas we shall never know. *shrug*

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wouldn't it be a little crazy to risk losing a five-figure job for a $1 overpriced sample of toothpaste?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've seen 3 ladies in my city complaining of this exact same thing so far. I'd go so far as to say it's unlikely that it was a coincidence with the large number having this happen.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I've seen 3 ladies in my city complaining of this exact same thing so far. I'd go so far as to say it's unlikely that it was a coincidence with the large number having this happen.
    Did any of those 3 ladies actually march down and file a complaint with CP? You are going way too far in drawing the conclusion you have as 3 is not a very high number of people that have had samples come damaged......considering the cazillions of these things that pass through the Depots.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

my sample pack came with the big round clear stickers on each end other past sample packs have also done this (somewhat the norm) i have an apartment mailbox (part of a bank of tall skinny style mailboxes) when mine came in the mail the sticker was peeled up, box was opened.. the opened end was at the top of the box (so nothing would dump out) and the top of the box was rather squished BUT one of the items (the mans deo) was sitting loose in my mailbox at the bottom of my mailbox... soo looking at that i THINK my mail person opened my box but only to be able to get it into my mailbox (can't squish the top of the box if there is something in it)...(normally when i get a sampler box it doesn't fit in the mailbox and they buzz and walk it up to my door but i wasn't home that day)

on blaming CP i do think they get blamed much more then they deserve.. i strongly believe that a good section of those trades that just don't show up.. were never sent (same for samples/freebies/promos) do some go missing yeah, it happens, have i had trades show up 3 months after i mailed them (directly at the canada post counter) yup, but it does happen less then people say.. but canada post does have flaws..have i had my PACKAGE delivered to the wrong address yup it has happened, and i found out because it was delivered to me, by a stranger, on a sunday, after the package had been opened and taped back shut (and yes i did file a complaint on that) i guess the person didn't want the two childrens dolls that were inside the box
    Last edited by Midnightly; Wed, Oct 30th, 2013 at 04:56 AM.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanya View Post
    Be thankful that you have enough income that you can aafford to buy razors. You do resize that there are women out there that the only way they can get them is through shelter handouts or free samples. If I was one of those women and someone stole my razor and I had to go ANOTHER month without one because I was just that POOR, then yes I would cry about the loss of a razor, and no I wouldn't need to seek a therapist". Be great full that you're well off enough that you can be so cavalier about the loss of your things. For some people couponing isn't a fun hobby, it's a necessity to survive.
    I really wasn't trying to be cavalier about your situation, I just feel in the big scheme of things this would not be something that would make me upset or overly angry, poverty and hunger make me angry, bullying makes me upset and angry, accusations without all the facts make me angry, Etc.I just have a different perspective on what bothers me.Your preaching to the choir , i have done without in my younger days for sure, had two children on my own before I was 21, I know what lean times are like.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Oct 30th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information