User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the worse luck at save on foods. While others are happily stacking away, I always run into problems. The latest was being denied the stacks I was going to use. The first was three $2 coupons for melitta k cups. All expires dec 31, 2013, all were canadian, all had different UPC. I was told that this sort of stack was no longer accepted. I was sure cashier was mistaken, I had done same stack before with no problems. I went to customer service, she knew nothing about coupons so called another cashier she said knew all about coupons. So this time I was told that since the coupons stated one coupon per item, I could not stack them. I pointed out that pretty much all coupons state that. Was told coupons being stacked had to come from different sources. 1 from tear pad, 1 computer printed, 1 from magazine. I looked at her in disbelief. Went home and looked up coupon policy, thought maybe I missed yet another change, no. I've sent message through Facebook and still waiting for reply. They have contacted local store, but there has been no reply. Anyone else having problems? Anyone know what the problem is?
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sometimes cashiers and managers aren't trained to know the coupon policy. As far as I know Save on foods accepts ALL coupons even if they have restrictive wording but they do not allow stacking of P&G coupons. Your melitta coupons were definitely stackable. I would call head office I am positive they will forward your concerns to the manager. He will probably call you to inform you it's allowed and for you to come back to the store to stack them. If it was on sale make sure you mention it to him so that your still able to use your stacks on the sale price. It's a learning process for everyone. I hope this helps

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it almost sounds like the cashier is confusing the stacking rules from last year with this year..
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Tootall7
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

I just read somewhere tonight that save on foods and London drugs were stopping stacking. Maybe this is the confusion?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Although I do not have a SOF in my area, here is the most recent policy I could find. Looks like the rules for stacking were changed as of November 1st. Boo!

http://www.owfg.com/sites/default/files/coupon_policy/Retail-CouponAcceptancePractices-301013-1111-2660.pdf
    PEACE. LOVE. HARMONY...AND COUPONS!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Save-On-Foods shared a link and posted this message on October 30 2013 on Facebook
    As a result of feedback from our customers, stores, and suppliers, as of November 1, 2013, we will no longer allow coupon stacking in our stores. We appreciate the feedback and critique we’ve received on this topic as we work to do our best to provide an exceptional service experience for all of our customers. Starting November 1st, we will accept 1 vendor coupon for 1 product… and this may be combined with a store coupon. Attached are the revised procedures

read there new coupon policy http://www.owfg.com/sites/default/fi...-1111-2660.pdf

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Save on foods is no longer allowing stacking

I haven't heard anything about london drugs stopping stacking but I highly doubt they will because there coupon stacking policy is more strict compared to what save on foods use to allow. I just ordered stuff from the manager at london drugs and I am sure if there were changes she would have told me as she knows that's why I order to stack instead of shelf clearing

Quote Originally Posted by Tootall7 View Post
    I just read somewhere tonight that save on foods and London drugs were stopping stacking. Maybe this is the confusion?

Thread Information