User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

hi

thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by anawhatsme; Sat, Jun 14th, 2014 at 01:05 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I don't have an answer for you, but I know PC banking takes one business day after the transfer to post. For example I have condo fees that come out of my PC Chequing account on the first of the month. It doesn't generally show as withdrawn from the account until the next business day which can be sometimes as late as the 4th (like this month the 1st was a Friday and it didnt get pulled out until Monday the 4th).

You have the unlucky misfortune of five days being two business days this month because the banks were closed yesterday, right (?). It should be there at midnight when they update, but you have to make sure you have enough business days between your payment and the due date.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bank with PC and everything I pay is always paid on the following day or the second day by them.
    Just because it has not been posted to your account does not mean that they have not received the payment...the posting can take a few days as well.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

DSB
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes it takes time for the payment to post. A similar thing happened with me last month. I made a payment from my ING chequing account on a Thursday evening to my MBNA mc and I think they didn't post the payment until Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. Anyhow, I contacted MBNA and they assured me that they see the date the payment was sent, and sure enough the payment was posted on time, with no interest charges.

My advice is to avoid making payments end of the week as it takes time to post and to try to make your payments on Wednesdays or earlier in the week.
    Tangerine Orange Key:35561445S1 http://canadianorangekey.blogspot.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

thanks for the responses everyone.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First of all, call BMO and ask them. That is always the easiest way to get the correct answer to questions like this.
    Second of all, no "bill payment" is EVER real time. It takes time to process. However if you did a TRANSFER from your account to your card it would be INSTANT. That is how I pay my BMO creditcard through online banking.
    Also, if you make a bill payment on Tuesday, it may not show up until Friday but it is still stated as being made on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Brooke_; Tue, Nov 12th, 2013 at 11:20 PM.

Thread Information