User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Katyana08 View Post
    (On a side note, what is the point of toddler beds? Is there a reason most people don't just buy a twin or a double bed for their toddlers?)
    Actually I've sometimes wondered that too. Personally I've never bought one, just a regular bed with rails added.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Katyana08 View Post
    (On a side note, what is the point of toddler beds? Is there a reason most people don't just buy a twin or a double bed for their toddlers?)
    Lots of reasons.

-A toddler bedframe is under $100 and you already have a mattress for it from the crib. (the one I used for both my girls was $40 and adorable)

-It's low to the ground so they can independently get in and out plus have a shorter distance to fall.

-It's a size that is better adjusted for their little bodies. A twin bed is HUGE to an 18 month old alone.

-It replaces a crib without taking up anymore space so that the nursery can stay the way it is until they truly outgrow the baby stage.

-You already have sheets and blankets to fit it from the crib.

-You have a plastic covered mattress to get you through potty training instead of having a brand new bed with pee accidents in it.

I, personally used toddler beds until my girls were over 3 years old and I use them now with my daycare kids until age 4. They like their little beds.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

it's been said but i'll add to it too...yes! definitely time for toddler bed. When DD was about 18 months old we already had a toddler bed in the other room (hand me down) and was waiting to switch her around her 2nd birthday. well wouldn't ya know it, 2 weeks before turning 2 she climbed out and fell on her butt, i literally had just left the room after putting her in for a nap. What a freak out...i caught her only as she hit the floor. yep, last day in the crib...we set up the side rails pronto (so glad we bought those already too) and she was in the big girl bed that night. my baby was no baby anymore! sniff, sniff! i took pics of her first night too. LOL! congrats on the next steps momma. hope the transition goes/went well.
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Thu, Jul 28th, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meyou View Post
    Lots of reasons.

-A toddler bedframe is under $100 and you already have a mattress for it from the crib. (the one I used for both my girls was $40 and adorable)

-It's low to the ground so they can independently get in and out plus have a shorter distance to fall.

-It's a size that is better adjusted for their little bodies. A twin bed is HUGE to an 18 month old alone.

-It replaces a crib without taking up anymore space so that the nursery can stay the way it is until they truly outgrow the baby stage.

-You have a plastic covered mattress to get you through potty training instead of having a brand new bed with pee accidents in it.

I, personally used toddler beds until my girls were over 3 years old and I use them now with my daycare kids until age 4. They like their little beds.
    I'd also like to add that in our case we'll be getting a toddler bed for most of these reasons, plus the fact that we don't have room in the nursery for a full size bed, as we will still need the crib and change table etc. for #2, who will arrive when DD is 19 months. Plus, you can get "like new" used ones for dirt cheap.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

We got one of those 4-in-1 convertible beds from Sears as a baby shower gift. Never even thought about all the practical reasons for it before now. We definitely will need to find a bigger room for our little guy at some point!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meyou View Post
    Lots of reasons.

Those are great reasons, and all why I wanted a toddler bed. DH wanted a twin but I won the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    We got one of those 4-in-1 convertible beds from Sears as a baby shower gift. Never even thought about all the practical reasons for it before now. We definitely will need to find a bigger room for our little guy at some point!
    We special ordered DD a 4-in-1 at WM in the US. It's so cute and was only $150. Now it will grow as she does.

We use the drop down crib for DS (DD's old crib) and when the time comes I'll buy him a convertible bed also. I need the drop down right now though because I'm so short. lol.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

That's one thing I hate about our crib, I'm average height and with just a single mattress in it I can barely reach in for DS! We're actually not even using it now, we've got a bassinet in the bedroom because during prenatal classes they told us they recommend having baby in the room with you for the first six months and the crib was already together so it was too much of a hassle to move it.

We've also got a playpen with the bassinet attached to it in the living room (had to sacrifice our coffee table for that one) because DS rolled off the couch onto the floor last week and I wanted a safe place to put him. He actually sleeps better in it than anywhere else. LOL. Figures!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Our crib is convertable but DS got a toddler bed as a gift from my mom. It is handy because it has the rails on the side.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

We always went to a bed. I've never used toddler beds. To me, it seems like on more transition (to a bigger bed). Easier to just transition to the bed right away. They outgrown toddler beds so fast and they honestly look so dwarfed by all the other bigger furniture in the room.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We love DS' toddler bed. It was a hand me down from somebody on base, and he loves it because it has the Wiggles on it! lol

Like somebody mentioned above, the reasons are numerous and I don't think he'd be ready for a twin right now. It's definitely on our "will-eventually-get" list, but right now, he's fine. It's not like he's going to outgrow it anytime soon, so for the moment it's all good. At the end of August though, we're headed to Florida for a week and DS will have his own Queen sized bed! :S

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

My son started climbing out at 18 months. A few days later my friend's daughter (same age) tried to same stunt and ended up breaking both arms when she fell out. I would not hesitate moving out of crib. I agree, as long as space is not an issue you might as well buy a twin or 3/4 size bed and install railings.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

When my DS climbed out, he was two and he was over three feet tall, close to outgrowing the crib anyhow. We had a toddler bed frame, but we just didn't see the point. We put him into a double bed we had as a spare bed in our basement, just bought rails (amazing how expensive those were!). His bed was against a wall on the head and one side, he had a rail on the third side, and what happens? He fell out the bottom. But eventually he got the hang of it, although he slept with his face smooshed up against the mesh rail.

To get rid of that we had to bribe him. I forget what we promised him, but it was after a vacation in PEI where we had no rail, he couldn't sleep by himself and it was a PITA. So we told him he could have this thing if we got rid of the rail. He didn't like that his rail was gone, but he wanted the toy, so he got over it. Fell out a couple of times, but we had something soft for him to land on. Now he's learned to sleep closer to the middle!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

we purposely bought the crib that turns into a toddler bed it's nice to give her a big girl bed without having to re-arrange her whole room and when we finally get her out of her toddler bed (hoping we can get until 5yrs with it) i can get her a low loft bed so she can have a play fort under her bed
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information