• 3 Post By Midnightly
  • 3 Post By CouponingQueen
  • 3 Post By matrix82
  • 3 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By vesper
  • 3 Post By VeeVee
  • 3 Post By beckie.c
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Still waiting for wedding photos...

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

So DH & I got married in July 2012. His Sister asked if she could take our wedding photos because she has been working with a wedding photographer in Texas where she lives. She has all the photography gear, as that is her hobby. She seemed really really excited about it so I didn't want to hurt her feelings and this was going to be her gift to us. The day was perfect, she took lots of photos and I thought things were going to be great. I had assumed it would take a few months for her to get the pictures to us. I didn't get any photos until the month before our 1st anniversary July 2013. She sent us a few pictures from the ceremony (including my profile pic, so you can see she did do an awesome job on the photos I did get) with a promise she would send the remaining CDs with my MIL when they went down to Texas in October 2013. I just found our from my mother in law that she didn't get any of the remaining photos done and I still don't have any photos with my family, bridal party or DH. I am just devastated. I have empty pictures frames on my wall waiting for Wedding Photos and I really wanted to make a memory book for my Mom and I. I know my MIL and FIL are more upset by it than I am, so I'm trying my best to be gracious about the pictures I did get, I'm just so frustrated. I've offered to send her an external hard-drive with shipping money so that she can just send me the raw files unedited but haven't heard back from her yet.

Here is hoping I get my wedding photos before my 2nd Anniversary... In hindsight I wish very much that we had hired someone to do these since they were so important to me or at the very least that she wouldn't have committed if she wasn't going to follow through in the first place.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka and vesper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Beckie, I feel your pain. I got married in 2008...pictures. What pictures? Hindsight is 20/20.
    I don't have even one picture of us both looking in the same direction and smiling.
    The pictures were taken by a family member as well.
    It's just so hurtful.
    Angela273, vesper and beckie.c like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know how you feel, a friend did our wedding photos as well, we did not receive any as because the film had been exposed to sunlight. We do have a few that other guests had taken but like PP we are not looking at each other or the camera

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i know the feeling.. we higher-ed a family friend and i mean i didn't expect a whole lot.. but.. when i look through them there is NO photo of me with my grandparents there's no photos of us socializing with the family members
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

That sucks Reading it, the first thing that came to mind is that something may have happened to them; lost deleted, not clear. I hope that's not the case and she is just being lazy!!!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I know how you feel, my husband's uncle took pictures, he is a professional photographer, we've been married 6.5 years now, and still have not gotten the photos from him :S.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry about this - it's just crazy!

We had my BIL do the ceremony photos, since he was familiar with the customs and knew what shots to look out for, and he did an amazing job and got the photos done right away. Same with reception.
    Same with our portrait photographer, we were very happy with him, and they were done in a timely manner.

Guess we were lucky; I've heard so many horror stories.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

THis is horrible! Processing takes a long time, but over a year now? Demand the raw images and then learn to process them yourself. My turn around for portraits is less than 2 weeks, but sooner in most cases.
    Angela273 and beckie.c like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Oh wow! We just did our engagement photos 2 weeks ago and I have the CD with pictures in my hand already. Our photographer sent us a few teasers 2 days after we had them done. This is why I chose to go with a professional rather then someone we know or family. Its convenient for family to say oh I will get to it when I have time.
    I hope you get them soon!
    Ciel, vesper and beckie.c like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Thanks for all the comments everyone! I can't believe that lots of you have had the same problem, it so sad because it is just such a special day! I feel so lucky that we had lots of family that forwarded me pictures they had taken, they may be off center and we may not all be looking at the camera, but at least they preserve the memory. I'd be so devastated to not have ANY
    matrix82, Ciel and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Random thought-did SIL use the remaining photos to add to her portfolio,as a means of showing her "work" to prospective clients? See if you can find anything of her photography online or through family via albums. I'd give her wedding photographer colleague a "looksee" too.
    Somehow for all these SCers who had family members that were photographers, many did not seem to think "hey, the newlyweds would like to have their photos to remember the special day by."
    Must admit "props" to your in-laws for feeling badly too. It cannot be a picnic for them knowing that their kin would let you down.
    vesper likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information