User Tag List

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: GIFT CARD PROMO CONFIRMED!! Nov 9 - 15

Coupon's Dirty Mistress g_skywalker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

booooo shoppers, so evil. My gift card shop just went from $3500-$4000 down to $900, don't like you shoppers. I blame loblaws, it must be their evil empire that has ruined the treasured annual event. I have wondered whether kids are allowed to get a card, if they could I could get another $1800.... somehow doubt it though.
    CouponLover618 likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by savess View Post
    It is in writing on the Shoppers Flyer thread
    Thanks - I'm off to check out the thread!

Silk
    Have a great life!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm hugely disappointed in the limit but will still purchase 900.00 in gas cards. My spending at sdm was already on the decrease and this won't help to lure me back.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I asked this same question sometime last year and YES,,,kids can have their own card,,,therefore we got one for my daughter
    i have been using it and my own and my significant other's for over a year,,,have had no issues whatsoever
    Its not 'savings', it is spending less or spending nothing - if you put it in the bank and it stays there, it is savings

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by g_skywalker View Post
    booooo shoppers, so evil. My gift card shop just went from $3500-$4000 down to $900, don't like you shoppers. I blame loblaws, it must be their evil empire that has ruined the treasured annual event. I have wondered whether kids are allowed to get a card, if they could I could get another $1800.... somehow doubt it though.
    My 14 year old daughter has her own card.....she got it on her own.

I am upset too - I buy over $3k in cards, and will limit my GC purchases.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Subscribed.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

so if we do transactions of $150...does this mean we are only allowed 3 transactions.... so $450? (if we do the minimum)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dlee View Post
    so if we do transactions of $150...does this mean we are only allowed 3 transactions.... so $450? (if we do the minimum)
    Yes.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Did you get the name of the CS rep who told you this? It may be true but personally I want to hear it from at least a second SDM rep - preferably a manager or supervisor - or see it in writing. In my experience, too many individuals get it wrong or make up their own rules. Just saying...

Silk
    Can't remember the name but I don't disagree with you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Just got back from the SDM downtown Ottawa. There are already signs near the gift cards with details of the promo. Definitely limited to 3 transactions per person (i.e. Optimum Card.)

I also noticed a few new Gift Cards that are not on SDM's website:

Canadian Tire
    East Side Mario's
    Indigo
    Le Chateau
    Lotto
    Reitmans

Hope this helps!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

hello, i just phone Shoppers and the lady told me the pre-payd credit cards are not on the list for this promotion.....sad ! sad! sad! did any one get a different answer ?and if i buy more than the $150 (minimum) does that mean i do the promo more than 3 times ?.....oups, thank you so much for any further info
    Last edited by Mia001; Wed, Nov 6th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I asked the front store manager at the SDM near me with regards to this promotion. She's never heard about it. One of the s tock people headed to the back room, came back with a sheet of paper with regards to the promo. The store manager has never heard of this promo either, and didn't think it would be advertised in the flyer. Both were pretty excited about the bonus points with gc purchase lol. I'm looking forward buying gift cards this weekend.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since Shoppers cut their bonus points why not buy gift cards at Petro Canada http://www.petro-points.com get 50% more points from November 5 to January 6.You would get regularly 20 points for per dollar spent on gift cards but during November 5 to January 6 you get 30 points per dollar spent on gift cards.
    Mia001 and 2shopmom like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

@ Toban, exactly the same at my SDM, i often make them aware of the promotions they have.....
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

FYI - Here's the fine print on the GC promo from the SDM page:

"Offer limited to 3 eligible transactions per person. Maximum of 8,000 Bonus Points per eligible transaction regardless of total dollar value of transaction. All products must be purchased within the same eligible transaction. Offer valid from November 9, 2013 to November 15, 2013, while quantities last. Points to be awarded to your account by Friday, November 22, 2013 for eligible transactions. Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards. Some conditions apply. We reserve the right to limit quantities. No rainchecks. Offer may be changed or terminated at any time without notice. See cashier for details."

Also, where it refers to "Financial Cards", this does not mean an RBC Mastercard.

Silk likes this.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information