User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: GIFT CARD PROMO CONFIRMED!! Nov 9 - 15

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by fayemercier View Post
    FYI - Here's the fine print on the GC promo from the SDM page:

"Offer limited to 3 eligible transactions per person. Maximum of 8,000 Bonus Points per eligible transaction regardless of total dollar value of transaction. All products must be purchased within the same eligible transaction. Offer valid from November 9, 2013 to November 15, 2013, while quantities last. Points to be awarded to your account by Friday, November 22, 2013 for eligible transactions. Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards. Some conditions apply. We reserve the right to limit quantities. No rainchecks. Offer may be changed or terminated at any time without notice. See cashier for details."

Also, where it refers to "Financial Cards", this does not mean an RBC Mastercard.

ya, I read the print and it looks like they changed the rule that you can't purchase additional GCs with SDM GCs. I wonder if you can do that after they award the pts on Nov 22, but I won't do that anyways as they might take away pts. This promo is still ok, I will get the maximum $450 in SDM GCs but I will be cutting my shopping at SDM by about 75% and shop more at RCSS with their new PC Plus card.
    hcao, lizamarie, MillieH and 1 others like this.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ never have I had a problem doing this. not really worth the hastle to get an extra 1500 pts on purpose. But last year I had more SDM GCs then I needed and ended up converting to gas cards a few months later.
    lizamarie likes this.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Have you compared the return you would get with this stategy vs using a Petro Points MasterCard where you save 2 cents per litre?

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Since Shoppers cut their bonus points why not buy gift cards at Petro Canada http://www.petro-points.com get 50% more points from November 5 to January 6.You would get regularly 20 points for per dollar spent on gift cards but during November 5 to January 6 you get 30 points per dollar spent on gift cards.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by robin1234s View Post
    Have you compared the return you would get with this stategy vs using a Petro Points MasterCard where you save 2 cents per litre?
    No I don't drive.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

$50 iTunes and App Store gift card was on for $40 at target this last week. This is the second time for this promo in the last 2-3 months. I just saw the signs last night.
    i guess that works out way better then the SDM deal if anyone is looking to buy the ITunes or App Store GC.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I did this 2 years ago, it was unlimited purchases.. I spent $4500.. made lots of nice points.. Make sure to take some envelopes and put the cards and receipt from each transaction in a separate envelope. Save them until you have used the cards. I had zero problems with all the cards EXCEPT 150$ (3x$50) in SDM cards. Thankfully I kept all the receipts, it took a while but I did get it resolved. I did it through 1800shoppers and then on facebook. I should have just gone back to the store where I purchased them. I did ask for and receive 20K points for the time and frustration..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    ^ never have I had a problem doing this. not really worth the hastle to get an extra 1500 pts on purpose. But last year I had more SDM GCs then I needed and ended up converting to gas cards a few months later.
    What location was this?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Booooo shoppers! I'm not liking this limit of 3 per customer. I wonder if toddlers are allowed to have an optimum card?! LOL

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

You are supposed to be 13 to have one but I doubt they check
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The worst is that some SDM managers set their own rules to disallow to use credit card to buy *any* GCs. They say it has to be debit or cash. If it is not allowed to use CC to buy CC cards like Amex, Vanilla mastercard that's understandable; it is not allowed to use CC to buy SDM GC, this is bad. I heard someone had mentioned there are certain rules disallow them to set their own rules like this, such as credit card company, does anyone know?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wwhv View Post
    The worst is that some SDM managers set their own rules to disallow to use credit card to buy *any* GCs. They say it has to be debit or cash. If it is not allowed to use CC to buy CC cards like Amex, Vanilla mastercard that's understandable; it is not allowed to use CC to buy SDM GC, this is bad. I heard someone had mentioned there are certain rules disallow them to set their own rules like this, such as credit card company, does anyone know?
    I thought not allowing payment by cc was for fraud prevention? I would think this is actually up to the individual store - but I could see the cc company getting miffed.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by altamom View Post
    What location was this?
    every store in halifax gave me no problems. Another reason why I bought an extra few SDM cards, since I knew I could always get whatever later. This is much different than using SDM cards to pay for more cards within the promotion period and expecting to get 8000 points. Just picture buying 150$ of SDM cards with 150$ of SDM cards. Unlimited points. Some people I think ended up double dipping - ie SDM first, then SDM for ESSO, and getting the 8000 twice. SDM would be dumb not to block this from happening and I think thats what all the limitations are referring to. But once the promo period is up, should be no problem converting your SDM cards. But like I pointed out, seems like a hassle, or a scam if you're doing it specifically for the 1500 points. Waiting in line, dealing with possible confusion, all for 1500 points... just get what you need and be happy about the 8000 points!
    Last edited by stevstevd; Fri, Nov 8th, 2013 at 06:31 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLover618 View Post
    Booooo shoppers! I'm not liking this limit of 3 per customer. I wonder if toddlers are allowed to have an optimum card?! LOL
    I was thinking my dog needed an optimum card...at almost 4 years old he is what 28 years old in people years? that should count right? LOL
    My previous dog had a prescription at our Shopper's pharmacy. (way cheaper than buying meds at Vets) It was hilarious to have the pharmacist call out "prescription ready for Bear our last name!" LOL

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So if we bought all SDM GC's, we still get the base points on them, right?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    So if we bought all SDM GC's, we still get the base points on them, right?
    right

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information