User Tag List

Thread: Recycle Walks?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I see that these "recycle walks" are popular in other provinces. People get some great coupons plus all kinds of codes for things like icoke and the GM towels.
    Anyone know if these are even possible around here? and if so, how/where/when etc??
    This thread is currently associated with: icoke

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

i tried at the cbs pool, and i got nothing. I only looked for about ten seconds, but every time i tried again, a car would pull up. I waited in the car with mom until they were done, then another car, so on and so on. Finally we left and got dissappointed, but i saw cereal boxes everywhere, and i'm pretty sure i saw smartsource or redplum, but like i said, i was only looking for like 10 seconds.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

what is the cbs pool?? where is it?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I wish there was a way to do these walks ....we got stupid bags here in the city dont' think I'll be opening up peoples bags anytime soon LOL recycling day I can't look out the window, breaks my heart on what could be in them.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccandth View Post
    what is the cbs pool?? where is it?
    its in conception bay south, its a community swimming pool. Outside of it, there are two large blue bins, one says paper, the other cardboard. They don't have tops, so you can't just jump in, they have slots that you put your arms in. Me and my mom were in the parking lot at around 4:00pm, and there wasn't a time when there weren't people dumping paper or cardboard.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

and if you go in the dark you won't see a thing. bummer I'm always interested in recycling walks etc....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been wondering if there is anywhere to find the Red Plum and P&G inserts in recycling as well, but haven't found anywhere.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgirl14 View Post
    its in conception bay south, its a community swimming pool. Outside of it, there are two large blue bins, one says paper, the other cardboard. They don't have tops, so you can't just jump in, they have slots that you put your arms in. Me and my mom were in the parking lot at around 4:00pm, and there wasn't a time when there weren't people dumping paper or cardboard.

Oh to sit there & know what could be in those bins..& no way to get to it!! Oh how painful!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Have never gone on a recycling walk in Mt. Pearl.. we don't get the redplum or brandsaver here.. so sad!! I see the blue recycling cardboard bags on recycling days & always think about the cereal boxes that could be in them with all those freebie icecreams..
    Last edited by Roxanne0399; Tue, Aug 2nd, 2011 at 07:49 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I would love to go on a recycling walk, if I had a good lead on where to look. If anyone has some advice in this area, that would be super helpful!

Thread Information