User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Canadian Tire Scratch Card Promo Nov. 16-17 $5 for a future purchase or prizes

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got one at work today!
    Angela273 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Yes...they have always stated that they needed to be scratched in front of a cashier. My question with this particular promotion is, how are they going to know/monitor that? Because it is for a future purchase....if they scratch it on the 16th - 18th, you take it back home to use later on....how in the world are they going to track that? Me scratching a card looks no diff. than a cashier doing it....
    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    have these cards always said " valid only if scratched at CT in front of a cashier " ?? Since they seem to be limiting the incentives with each scratch card event I wonder if they will be firm about the card being scratched right then and there? I am not participating, but was curious. OP thanks for posting!
    Silk, walkonby and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Oh....now I think I get it...the scratch card is not the actual $5 off coupon...you need to have them scratch the card in-store, then they give you whatever the 'prize' is at that time...that makes sense...
    oscarandme likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I have 9 cards in total for $5 off next purchase yahoooo.... Got them in the recycle bin today when I did my recycles..... Hoping it is only $5 off as I will purchase a few transactions of Friskies cat food at .58 cents for each.......

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michigan803 View Post
    I have 9 cards in total for $5 off next purchase yahoooo.... Got them in the recycle bin today when I did my recycles..... Hoping it is only $5 off as I will purchase a few transactions of Friskies cat food at .58 cents for each.......
    How do you manage that? It says you are only allowed one per person. If I can get two, I'm lucky.
    oscarandme likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

use one at a time and as well I have kids and a husband so we can all use one...
    Scottishgal and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I got a few cards and believe they are all $5 off. Hope there is no minimum purchase on them.

P.S. Last year promo seemed better (you get $5 off with 3 chocolates) No chocolates this time!
    Last edited by paylessgetmore; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 12:49 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is new promotion, if anyone gets the $5 coupon, please post the details.

(1) For the wording "No puchase necessary to participate". According to Canadian Tire manager, it doesn't mean you can get the prize without purchasing anything. It just means you don't need to buy anything and you can participate to scratch the card in front of the cashier. However, if you want to get the prize, you need to buy something. I believe that's what is original intention from the headquarter. I know some people can successfully get the prize without purchasing anything, but this is just not the originally purpose from Canadian Tire. If you do that, be prepare the cashier will tell you that at some point in the future promotion since it doesn't make sense Canadian Tire will give everyone a free product. However, you can always refund the product later if you want to prevent the hassle.

(2) As other people mention, this promotion only mention that the reward is "$5 off coupon", but it doesn't mention anything if there is minimum purchase. Hope there is no minimum purchase. If yes, this is even better than those promotion deduct $5 instantly since you can have one month to redeem the coupon.

(3) The promotion card has all those "participating partners" this time. I hope the $5 off is not just for the product listing under the "participating partners". $5 coupon may not be everything from store.
    Last edited by lcmt; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 01:47 AM.
    oscarandme likes this.
    I earn at least $80 every month. Task, SSI & PL surveys pays better than other sites. Join Clixsense with me http://www.clixsense.com/?4489292

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll be watching this thread for when someone posts the coupon.. i'm still wondering if there is a catch to it (not just a $5 off $5 purchase coupon)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lcmt View Post
    This is new promotion, if anyone gets the $5 coupon, please post the details.

(1) For the wording "No puchase necessary to participate". According to Canadian Tire manager, it doesn't mean you can get the prize without purchasing anything. It just means you don't need to buy anything and you can participate to scratch the card in front of the cashier. However, if you want to get the prize, you need to buy something. I believe that's what is original intention from the headquarter. I know some people can successfully get the prize without purchasing anything, but this is just not the originally purpose from Canadian Tire. If you do that, be prepare the cashier will tell you that at some point in the future promotion since it doesn't make sense Canadian Tire will give everyone a free product. However, you can always refund the product later if you want to prevent the hassle.

(2) As other people mention, this promotion only mention that the reward is "$5 off coupon", but it doesn't mention anything if there is minimum purchase. Hope there is no minimum purchase. If yes, this is even better than those promotion deduct $5 instantly since you can have one month to redeem the coupon.

(3) The promotion card has all those "participating partners" this time. I hope the $5 off is not just for the product listing under the "participating partners". $5 coupon may not be everything from store.
    Actually there is a law about contest that they must have a "No puchase necessary" option and making someone buy something to claim their prize is against the law. I will find a link to this law so if you want you can print it off if they try to give you a hassle.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Out of all of us sc'ers there must be someone on here that works at CT???? Can anyone varify this $5 coupon and what the mininum purchase is?
    ingridmann and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is recognized that purchase requirements often in conjunction with contests of chance or mixed chance and skill, which are prohibited by the Criminal Code.
    http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...Contests-e.pdf

Page 12, The last paragraph.
    Last edited by brennen7; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
    lcmt, Angela273 and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    You are exactly right on the back ofthe card it says no purchase necessary to participate...contest ends....it is a contest and there for the rules do apply
    Angela273 and oscarandme like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think my neighbors all got cheesed off with the last promo...everyone is leaving their cards behind in the flyers...that sure didn't happen before!
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mutchdutch View Post
    Yes...they have always stated that they needed to be scratched in front of a cashier. My question with this particular promotion is, how are they going to know/monitor that? Because it is for a future purchase....if they scratch it on the 16th - 18th, you take it back home to use later on....how in the world are they going to track that? Me scratching a card looks no diff. than a cashier doing it....
    Good point - I wonder too. I guess we'll find out tomorrow

Silk
    Have a great life!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information