• 1 Post By CurEuS
  • 1 Post By CouponLover618
  • 1 Post By r0c0upons
  • 1 Post By luckbealady

Thread: Christmas Redemption?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is there any speculation on when the pre Christmas redemption will be this year?

I don't mean to open up a can-of-worms in terms of speculating how much it will be!

Trying to figure out if I should use my 18,500 wus $75 because the points aren't added until Dec 7th (or just wait for the 20X this weekend).

I was counting on picking up more points with the gift card purchase promo, but being limited to 3 transactions has left me a little short.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if and it's a big if the schedule follows last year, the redemption should be the dec 7-8 weekend.
    no one has confirmed it or the values of the redemption as far as i'm aware.
    oscarandme and FLA like this.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bonfire View Post
    if and it's a big if the schedule follows last year, the redemption should be the dec 7-8 weekend.
    no one has confirmed it or the values of the redemption as far as i'm aware.
    Agree with timing. Hope it is as big as last year.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

Cosmetics cashier told me it would be Nov. 30th, to coincide with the beauty event. However, she did not know if it would be a mega redemption or not.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i'm hoping it's bigger than last year. it was 210 last year. i'm hoping it is at least 220.
    oscarandme likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the responses.

They've had a lot of good promo's recently, so it would make sense that the Christmas one would be good too. (hope so anyway)
    oscarandme likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I predict Nov 30 and Dec 1 weekend. I think Dec 7 & 8 is too late.
    oscarandme likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh dear! What to do!!! If I save my 30% off coupon and hope for the redemption weekend to be Nov. 30 I would get the deal of a lifetime on a PS4. Or I use the coupon this weekend and still get an amazing deal on the PS4 with $170 worth redemption and 20X points on the OOP cost. Geez!!!! Decisions, decisions.........
    oscarandme likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    Oh dear! What to do!!! If I save my 30% off coupon and hope for the redemption weekend to be Nov. 30 I would get the deal of a lifetime on a PS4. Or I use the coupon this weekend and still get an amazing deal on the PS4 with $170 worth redemption and 20X points on the OOP cost. Geez!!!! Decisions, decisions.........
    Good luck getting one during the redemption when everyone is redeeming, staff included.
    Now is a great time...don't lose out. However, I heard that their PS4's are delayed in shipping to stores for the Nov 15 release. So...screwed either way? Here's hoping for a less than hectic release and redemption.
    oscarandme likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LimeFizzy View Post
    Good luck getting one during the redemption when everyone is redeeming, staff included.
    Now is a great time...don't lose out. However, I heard that their PS4's are delayed in shipping to stores for the Nov 15 release. So...screwed either way? Here's hoping for a less than hectic release and redemption.
    I think your best bet it to try to score a PS4 Midnight Friday to get 20x points and your points....using giftcards of course! I'm in North Toronto and plan to be at a store I'm sure has 3 units. However it is released Friday the 15th. a 20x Coupon would be magic to help beat the rush.

I wish I has a 20x coupon and a 30% off coupon then I'd be there clutching my toy for dear life!
    Alas I have neither so... what can you do?! hahaha
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My guess is that it would be the Dec 7/8 weekend as there are lots of bonus point coupons expiring Dec 1st and they don't want people racking up in bonus points during a bonus/mega redemption event, but who really knows?!
    oscarandme likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CurEuS View Post
    I think your best bet it to try to score a PS4 Midnight Friday to get 20x points and your points....using giftcards of course! I'm in North Toronto and plan to be at a store I'm sure has 3 units. However it is released Friday the 15th. a 20x Coupon would be magic to help beat the rush.

I wish I has a 20x coupon and a 30% off coupon then I'd be there clutching my toy for dear life!
    Alas I have neither so... what can you do?! hahaha
    2 units delivered to a location I know of.
    Was told first come first serve Friday morning. If you wait for Midnight Friday/Sat you may not get it if everyone is rushing to get one that morning.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

If I recall correctly I think that the mega redemption wasn't as big as previously years last year because it was worth a little less then previous years. Think there was a better deal in the summer. But I know christmas is coming and it is worth it because of that...just mentioning,lol.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i wonder if there will be another after christmas redemption a few days after christmas...in true cheapskate style, i'm trying to convince the rest of my family to celebrate the holidays a few days later. LOL! im nearly successful in my arguments, family are starting to see the frugal light.
    CouponLover618 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    i wonder if there will be another after christmas redemption a few days after christmas...in true cheapskate style, i'm trying to convince the rest of my family to celebrate the holidays a few days later. LOL! im nearly successful in my arguments, family are starting to see the frugal light.
    That one was amazing because it fell on seniors day too - took my dad and used his senior discount, redeemed 95,000 points, and paid about $48 OOP for my Nexus 7!
    r0c0upons likes this.

Thread Information