User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: A cosmetic cashier told me that the biggest redemption will be on NOV 30!

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... ty for posting your post card! As this is my first Christmas redemption, I'm a little disappointed that it isn't more, but at least I'll still be finishing up my shopping for free! Now to see the flyer to calculate if it's a better buy to wait for the weekend or redeem with this week's sales.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

does anyone remember if there were also good store promos during the mega(not mega) redemption last year??
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The mega redemption is dead.

All hail the "slightly better" redemption event.
    anisa, Insane, happy_me24 and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I think its safe to call it the "Christmas Redemption", no more mega

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

I am really new to shoppers points, I think with the bonus points this weekend I should be able to redeem for the $105 level. I am really excited to be able to get atleast a few gifts for free this year. I wish I had more points, but I have learnt a lot from you all about gathering the points quickly.
    peachies likes this.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

my first redemption was this same one last year.

i thought i was prepared.

..made lists, went to the store at opening. grabbed a cart and then.....drew a complete blank! even though i had my list i suddenly totally spaced out, i guess i was overwhelmed at my huge shop! when i started seeing things on my list out of stock it made me even more flustered.

thankfully an amazing cosmetics employee saw my 'deer in the headlights' look and came over to help. she saved the day! lol!

i was so nervous about my redemption not going through or something even though i had more than enough points! lesson.....plan your list, plan for backups, and take a chill pill- redemptions are fun! now i can redeem 95k without even thinking much about it!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Wed, Nov 20th, 2013 at 10:06 AM.

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

And usually if you plan ahead you can get a whole lot more by using coupons too I love free... Lol
    csaund21, peachies and Frugal Lisa like this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    my first redemption was this same one last year.

i thought i was prepared.

..made lists, went to the store at opening. grabbed a cart and then.....drew a complete blank! even though i had my list i suddenly totally spaced out, i guess i was overwhelmed at my huge shop! when i started seeing things on my list out of stock it made me even more flustered.

thankfully an amazing cosmetics employee saw my 'deer in the headlights' look and came over to help. she saved the day! lol!

i was so nervous about my redemption not going through or something even though i had more than enough points! lesson.....plan your list, plan for backups, and take a chill pill- redemptions are fun! now i can redeem 95k without even thinking much about it!
    I agree! Be prepared! My first big one was last year. Came well prepared with coupons, calculator and everything written out that i wanted to I could calculate any changes I had to make! We went to the location we planned on redeeming at 2 days ahead of time to get prices on things (choc.'s and such) checked stock and well kinda cheated a bit, if there was something i wanted (toy wise) and only 2 left I stashed things in the store so it was grab and go on Saturday morning! I think we only stashed 2 things though! Lucked out with the rest. Planning on checking a few local sotres here in the next week and a half to see which store has best stock of toys for redeeming!
    Last edited by scbpooh; Wed, Nov 20th, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
    r0c0upons likes this.

NBcouponer
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I can't wait for this event! Regardless if the redemption level is a bit lower than we may have wanted, I still think it's great. And I totally agree with the posters above, have fun with it! I will be looking forward to seeing what items everyone redeemed for when the time comes in a couple of weeks
    Last edited by Pamela30; Wed, Nov 20th, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
    scbpooh likes this.

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

.... Random thought dump here. Feel free to skip if you'd like.

I (will) have enough points for the top level plus a $30 one. I am done shopping for the kids and my sister & her family. So I'm happy about that. Next, though are the gift baskets I'm making for my Mom and grandparents. I have most of what I need for Mom's basket(s) (4 baskets under the theme "Snowed-in Weekend of Comfort"). My grandparents are getting a snack/goodie basket (they love chocolates and candies and my cousins always clear them out by the end of Christmas Day). So I'll be using my Carnation coupons for Turtles and After Eights and grabbing other various goodies on redemption day to stick in there. And a perfume sampler for myself. (I feel so rich! Perfume! That I'm buying for ME!). Can you believe I'm going to have trouble spending all $240? Me neither.
    csaund21 likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yay! I save points all year just for this one redemption. Even the DH is stoked I just told him the dates and he looked at me and said "When? Okay we will go first thing when they open"

We're having a handmade holiday this year (all gifts have to be handmade) but we will use the redemption to stock up on all the nummies, frozen (or freezable) stuff, stocking stuffers, and general toiletries and such we can stash away.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I keep thinking how fabulous it would be to have a "secondhand item" Christmas, with thoughtful gifts from thrift shops and garage sales. Just think of the value a person could give for very little. Sets of fancy teacups, never-used items, vintage jewellery, puzzles and already-assembled toys, movies, books in pristine condition.... I think I could do a very good job with this kind of shopping!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I wonder if this is the big one or not. hmmmmm... Didn't they have one a week or 2 before the big one last year?
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I wonder if this is the big one or not. hmmmmm... Didn't they have one a week or 2 before the big one last year?
    No. There was a lot of people saying there would be, but it never happened. The first weekend of December was it until after Christmas.
    Insane and kidsteph like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    No. There was a lot of people saying there would be, but it never happened. The first weekend of December was it until after Christmas.
    Thanks. My memory was foggy on it. I may try and preorder stuff.
    luckbealady likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information