User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeff D

Thread: Can. Tire Ad a Bit Misleading

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm in NS, and there is a program called Effiency Nova Scotia, which sometimes offers rebates on power-saving items. Our Canadian Tire flyer advertises a 10.00 "instant savings" (via Efficiency NS) on a timer (pg 34) which is on sale already for 13.99. It's misleading you, I feel, when they advertise it as "3.99 with $10 Instant Savings*". But in the fine print below say the taxes are payable on price before savings. I'm aware of how coupons, bogos, and rebates are taxed. But I feel Canadian Tire made a mistake by advertising each as being 3.99 with the $10 instant savings.

I bought 2 of these and I'm not growling too much since it's still a good buy. But I feel the ad was still misleading. If it were a major purchase that cost much, much more then I'd speak to someone ( not that anything could be done about it).

The final cost of the two was $12.80 So each worked out to 6.40, not 4.59 (if it was calculated at 3.99 x 15%)

I planned to upload a photo of the ad with my reciept but my Android tablet won't open Gallery to choose a file. No big deal though.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Via Rail
    Last edited by Jeff D; Wed, Nov 13th, 2013 at 01:55 AM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

It is annoying to say the least. I notice here that Sobey's does that with pop that is on sale, you get to pay the tax on the full price.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Thread Information