User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Christmas Gifts... what are you wishing for and what have you bought

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I bought our DD the UGGs she asked for while in Toronto, but she doesn't know about my buying her a pair of those really soft knit pjs (very girly looking), a breadmaker....no idea what to get her hubby or mine....perhaps a joint gift for them of down pillows, although I still want to get SIL something personal...perhaps a very nice set of cuff-links...I'm thinking of getting hubby a ticket for a Raptor's game if a good team is in town this winter, the flight and hotel room...But having mentioned that to 'the girls' on our weekend in TO, they suggested we all set the guys up with tickets and hotel rooms for a guys' night out! Apparently there's a package deal with MDG (?) beer that includes tickets (but not very good ones), a Raptor's toque, hot-dog and drink, and something else....all for a very reasonable price...my niece is looking into it...But we also think just buying good tickets would be better....

For our grandson: the Playmobil Pirate Ship, and likely the junior chemistry set for his age at Scholar's Choice, which is nice since my hubby's a chemist...We're only allowed 2 gifts for him, so I'm still thinking.....

As for me, I lost my drop cultured pearl earrings, so I've hinted for a new pair for Christmas...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Nov 18th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.
    wolfwoman likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know that the Christmas a long way, but I usually due to cost savings buying gifts much sooner, especially during the Christmas fever, time of delivering gifts on the internet are usually prolonged.
    Looking for a cheaper company, who make for me a special embroidered patch, in large format. I plan to design it first and send my project the company. You know maybe some cheap companies from canada or necessarily, where through interent i can order such thing?
    Edit:
    I think i have found: http://quality.e-patches.ca
    They have very low prices. I have send him one project 20th of August and today they delivered to me nice embroidered patch.
    Last edited by Roberto82; Fri, Sep 5th, 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm hoping for a side-by-side quad but I don't think that is going to happen. DH usually surprises me so we'll see.
    Lynn49 and beckie.c like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Not wishing for a thing because we don't have the money to buy anything this year. It sucks but whatcha gonna do. I am looking forward to Christmas Day though as there will be about a dozen of us together for dinner. My brother is coming home from Alberta and a friend is coming up from Connecticut so it will be a good time.
    That's the best thing, being with all your family. Me, I don't like to plan to far in advance, but I did however in January, pick up a couple (5 to be exact, funny how that number coincides with the number of daughters I have) of Coach purses for a steal at the mall. Those will be going to my dd's Other than that, I try not plan any further than 3 months in advance these days. Having said that, dh and I want to go down south again this winter, so if I get a green light from my Dr., we will celebrate Christmas sometime in October...OMG, that's on 2 months away, I'd better get my butt in gear!

I never want anything, just my family with me whenever possible. Sharing a great meal with family and friends is the best gift I could ever get, I know that sounds corny, but it's so true. Doing that brings me more pleasure, watching grandkids full of excitement, plying them with sweets and watching moms scrap them off the ceiling , oh the joys
    TaraF, Lynn49, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I never want anything, just my family with me whenever possible. Sharing a great meal with family and friends is the best gift I could ever get, I know that sounds corny, but it's so true. Doing that brings me more pleasure, watching grandkids full of excitement, plying them with sweets and watching moms scrap them off the ceiling , oh the joys
    I totally get that. Corny as it is, I get it. You want corny?? I casually asked my husband what he wanted for Christmas this year. His response? "The only thing I want for christmas is for you to be healthy." I think when you are/have been hit with a challanging health issue, it really hits home the importance of family. Right now my only goal is being healthy enough to be with family this year. If I can achieve that, well guess what? MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! lol

I always have been the "sappy" one though that loved to just be around family, around the chaos of dinner, sitting for hours on end in a packed living room just talking. THAT to me is Christmas. Give me that. It's all I want.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have gotten my daughters (4 &6) about $300 of Lego (for free from amazon.com using swagbucks of course lol...I am blessed to have family in the US who allow me to ship to them!). Specifically, I picked up the Lego Friends pool, beach house, bakery and juice bar sets and the Lego Disney Cinderella Coach and Cinderella castle sets. Plus a free Disney Fairies DVD from my Disney rewards.

I did purchase Hello Kitty stocking stuffers from Target on clearance from last Christmas and 2 Fur Real Friends dragons from the Target toy clearance.

As far as everyone else I am not even started. I am saving up my swagbucks to get my sister's baby gift and a booster carseat for my 6 year old. What ever is left I will use to get the rest of my Christmas gifts.

I am also planning on purchasing a ipad for the family for Christmas but we just switched to TD so we are supposed to get a samsung tablet so now I am not sure if I will even want an ipad...we will see
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I'm excited for one particular Christmas gift this year... it's what I'm buying my Grandpa. So Grandpa was a farmer, and ALWAYS purchased John Deere equipment. He has everything John Deere, right down to the JD tractor Christmas tree lights & ornaments! He collects all of the model tractors and has a lot of memories that go along with it. I found out while surfing the internet that I can actually buy him a share in the company!! I think it will be a really neat gift to be able to give him a teeny tiny piece of the company he loves so much

As for everyone else, I haven't really started thinking about it yet.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You just gave me a great idea!! A share of Berkshire-Hathaway for our DD!!! She loves Warren Buffett!!
    The stock price ($115.00) is normal, but what's the 'certificate fee'? I imagine it's for that fancy certificate, lol, since one doesn't usually receive a fancy piece of paper for just purchasing a stock....something to think about, that's for sure!
    Last year I was going to purchase a Disney stock for our grandson, which I should have, since they're not issuing stock certificates now, just certificates of acquisition whatever that means...

Great idea re your Grandpa...he'll be so surprised, and isn't that what Christmas is all about??!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yikes. Thinking about Christmas already!! I have not started my shopping. Isn't that what the week before is for??? Ugh. lol. If I left it to DH that would be when the majority of our shopping would happen. I usually start picking things up in October for Christmas but the bulk of my shopping still happens in December.

I normally have very modest "wants" on my list. This year is the exception. This year I am asking for a really really REALLY big gift. You can't buy it in a store though. I just want for my FIL to live to see Christmas 2014. I really want him to be with us at Christmas this year in the house that he built with his own two hands. That's it.
    walkonby, toban and beckie.c like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    You just gave me a great idea!! A share of Berkshire-Hathaway for our DD!!! She loves Warren Buffett!!
    The stock price ($115.00) is normal, but what's the 'certificate fee'? I imagine it's for that fancy certificate, lol, since one doesn't usually receive a fancy piece of paper for just purchasing a stock....something to think about, that's for sure!
    Last year I was going to purchase a Disney stock for our grandson, which I should have, since they're not issuing stock certificates now, just certificates of acquisition whatever that means...

Great idea re your Grandpa...he'll be so surprised, and isn't that what Christmas is all about??!!
    Certificate Fee: I think your right, and probably includes an "admin fee" for transferring the share
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

DS and his roommate are getting gift cards for clothing as they both are too cheap to get new ones. DH will probably be getting a bunch of SAXX underwear. He LOVES them. I haven't thought much beyond that.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will likely buy gift cards since a few family members live long distance. Shipping boxes of gifts is becoming too expensive.
    Last edited by toban; Sun, Aug 31st, 2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information