User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 20x lists for Sat Nov 16

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Here is mine

1x milk $3.97
    1x eggs 2/$5 or ?? each, only need one but can't read the single price...
    3x Cheerios or Fiber 1 3/$10 -- minus 3x $2 coupons for Hearty Oat Cheerios and Fiber 1
    6x Fruttare 2/$10 -- minus 6 x $4 coupons
    1x Wherther's candy $1.99
    2x Chocolate Milk .99

2x Almond Breeze 2/$4 -- minus 2x $1 coupons (I may buy these at FB this week as they are $1.67 each...but I might need the points! ahh decisions.)

Should be around $20.33 OOP yay!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I can find a shoppers with one of those HP laptops, that might be my 20x event. You get $98 worth of points (and with the super redemption days approaching, it will be worth more.) I thought about redeeming some points to help pay for it, bringing down my OOP, but then I'd get fewer points and have fewer pts to use during super (hopefully mega) redemption weekend. I think I'll just use the gc's I am buying during the gc promo to pay for the laptop and save my points, that is, if a local SDM has one in stock.
    Last edited by Justa Sobriquet; Thu, Nov 14th, 2013 at 09:39 AM.
    r0c0upons, oscarandme and web3 like this.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

I have 3 rain cheques for formula 4 X $24.99 for nestle good start, got some $7 off and $5 off coupons... will be doing that 3 times... Best price Ive seen it around here! will probably get some paper towels too...
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am really hoping to snag one of the laptops for my son for Christmas... and praying it works since their return policy sucks. I am trying to figure out how much else I need to spend to get to the $170 redemption level. On 20x events, how quickly do you receive your points? I have about 21,000 points right now, so I think I need to spend $370 before taxes and before coupons... am I doing this math right? I am not so great with Optimum Points... I just want to have enough points from this shop for another big redemption to get the other big gift I need.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

on 20x days the points are instant.

I think your math is right but you can still use coupons to bring that $370 OOP down.

If you are planning on spending that much, I would go and buy SDM GC to get the promo of 8000 points WUB $150 in GC. That deal ends tomorrow but it would help you rack up some points!

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    I am really hoping to snag one of the laptops for my son for Christmas... and praying it works since their return policy sucks. I am trying to figure out how much else I need to spend to get to the $170 redemption level. On 20x events, how quickly do you receive your points? I have about 21,000 points right now, so I think I need to spend $370 before taxes and before coupons... am I doing this math right? I am not so great with Optimum Points... I just want to have enough points from this shop for another big redemption to get the other big gift I need.
    Yes, you'll get the points right away, and yes, $370 (could be before coupons!) would get you to 95,000. Just remember 95,000 will get you more than $170 on a bonus/mega redemption, which rumor has it, is nov 30th. My guess is your 95,000 will be worth between $200-$225 that weekend.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valerey View Post
    Yes, you'll get the points right away, and yes, $370 (could be before coupons!) would get you to 95,000. Just remember 95,000 will get you more than $170 on a bonus/mega redemption, which rumor has it, is nov 30th. My guess is your 95,000 will be worth between $200-$225 that weekend.
    \

Is it absolutely without fail that 370 before coupons can be brought down with coupons and I will still get $370 worth of points (as long as they aren't free product coups? Should I do things in a certain order? ie: ring everything in, check my before tax and coupons balance, confirm it is 370, then let them scan optimum card, then let them add coupons?

I am trying to top up the 269 or 289 laptop value with either 100 or 80 worth of stuff before coupons, and then reduce that portion by using high value coupons -ie: Fruttare, Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Nivea, some make-up coupons, some cereal coupons, etc. I see the Nivea lip chap is on sale for 2 for $4, but I expect my store won't accept the Nivea coupons on those. I also thought about bar soap. It was on sale last week and they said they would accept the coupons for it, but I don't remember what the regular price is...

Also, a question about redemptions... if the redemption is worth say $170...does that mean I have to buy $170 worth of stuff before tax and EHC fees, and pay the EHC fees and tax out of pocket? Or does the $170 cover tax too?
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Does your total has to be over $50 after or before coupons? Thanks
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Absolutely, the coupons will count towards your total and you will get 20x points on that value as well. However, you DO NOT get points on FPC's, and while they are ringing everything in it should show as 2001 (coupon), where 2002 is an FPC (no $ value, and NO points for that).

No order necessary, it will all work in the end

Fruttare will be a good one to use for sure! Best of luck with the Nivea, and thanks for mentioning it, never noticed, and will try that one as well!

Not sure about the EHC fees, but the tax you do have to pay for. The $170 will cover your pre-tax total, so even if you spent $168 plus tax, your redemption will be $168, and you will have to pay the tax. In that instance, I grab a pack of bread, cuz it will be free, lol!
    bdkmosher, oscarandme and web3 like this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Over $50 before coupons (FPC's don't count).
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Before coupons. You can then use coupons (NOT FPC) to bring your OOP down to less than $50 and you will get 20x the points.
    oscarandme and web3 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    \

Is it absolutely without fail that 370 before coupons can be brought down with coupons and I will still get $370 worth of points (as long as they aren't free product coups? Should I do things in a certain order? ie: ring everything in, check my before tax and coupons balance, confirm it is 370, then let them scan optimum card, then let them add coupons?

I am trying to top up the 269 or 289 laptop value with either 100 or 80 worth of stuff before coupons, and then reduce that portion by using high value coupons -ie: Fruttare, Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Nivea, some make-up coupons, some cereal coupons, etc. I see the Nivea lip chap is on sale for 2 for $4, but I expect my store won't accept the Nivea coupons on those. I also thought about bar soap. It was on sale last week and they said they would accept the coupons for it, but I don't remember what the regular price is...

Also, a question about redemptions... if the redemption is worth say $170...does that mean I have to buy $170 worth of stuff before tax and EHC fees, and pay the EHC fees and tax out of pocket? Or does the $170 cover tax too?
    Are you planning on using 95,000 points ($170) this weekend to buy the laptop and then you are trying to earn another 95,000 points to purchase more items in December?

One of the quickest way to rack up your points is by taking advantage of the gift card promo that ends tomorrow - 8,000 points for spending $150 in GCs. If you and your spouse both do this 3x, since they limit it to 3 per card holder this year , you would get 48,000 points right there. You would, however, be spending $900 in GCs. I find that it is worth doing this as I buy some GCs for gas to use throughout the year

Also, I use lots of bonus points coupons especially on baby products. There are a few out right now for 3000 points for buying Huggies diapers or 3000 for Pampers diapers. If you can get diapers on sale, and get bonus points, and 20x points it is a GREAT deal.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Thank you. I'll have to check out the GC promo tomorrow before it ends. Just $150 only. Don't have $900 to spend.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLover618 View Post
    Are you planning on using 95,000 points ($170) this weekend to buy the laptop and then you are trying to earn another 95,000 points to purchase more items in December?

One of the quickest way to rack up your points is by taking advantage of the gift card promo that ends tomorrow - 8,000 points for spending $150 in GCs. If you and your spouse both do this 3x, since they limit it to 3 per card holder this year , you would get 48,000 points right there. You would, however, be spending $900 in GCs. I find that it is worth doing this as I buy some GCs for gas to use throughout the year

Also, I use lots of bonus points coupons especially on baby products. There are a few out right now for 3000 points for buying Huggies diapers or 3000 for Pampers diapers. If you can get diapers on sale, and get bonus points, and 20x points it is a GREAT deal.
    No, I only have just shy of 22,000 points right now, so I am trying to spend $370 to bring me up to 95,000 points... I have two big gifts to buy this year, one being the laptop. So, I figure if I buy the laptop on 20x points event, plus another $80-$100 extra before coupons, I will then have 95,000 points, which I can redeem for the other big gift - whether I do it on a super redemption day or not doesn't matter, as he $170 will cover the item I am looking for... and it will probably be easier to get it on a non-special redemption day... I am thinking.

I don't even know if I will manage to get a laptop unless I am waiting at the door, either of the two on sale would be fine for us, although I think the cheaper one might be a chromebook, rather than windows? Does anyone know anything about these laptops? I'd hate to buy it and dislike it, considering the SDM return policy is nonexistent for these things.
    oscarandme likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information