User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 50% off PS4 at SDM !! Yeah!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Can you combine the 30% off coupon with the 20x coupon?
    I am hoping to buy one tonight after midnight for tomorrows 20X event. I have a few 24h stores close to me. I am hoping it will work and even if not the PS4 will only cost me about $160 total OOP. With or without the 20X points it is a good deal for me!!
    Decaf likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by keljonezie View Post
    I also got a killer deal today. Used the 30% off coupon, then redeemed $170. Total out of pocket was $149.xx ...which I then covered with my Shoppers cards I had purchased with the gift card promo. And got a $10 Shoppers card. :D
    I wasn't planning on buying this system so soon but this might be the best deal. 30% off($135) coupon + $170 Redemption + 20x pts(29,000) + using SDM GCs to pay the rest. I totally might go for this.

Edit: might not be able to combine 30% off with 20x pts
    Last edited by The_Scarecrow; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
    nash0109 likes this.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My store has a decent electronics department, and only had two come in for stock tomorrow... I can just imagine how many people will be disappointed tomorrow.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Can I use the email coupon get 18500 points wus $75 tomorrow during the 20x promo? Have anyone ever succeeded using this combo?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually they probably won't let you combine 20x with the 30% off coupon.... it says on the coupon "not to be combined with other offers"
    Last edited by The_Scarecrow; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    My store has a decent electronics department, and only had two come in for stock tomorrow... I can just imagine how many people will be disappointed tomorrow.

PS4's were released for sale today. I went to my local store earlier in the week and asked for one to be placed on hold. The new manager came out and gave me a snarling earful ( it get's better so continue reading)

Manager: (flushed) We do NOT put items on HOLD for ANYONE!
    Me: May I put a deposit or pay for it in full, in advance?
    Manager: (hands on hips) I said NO! I don't even know if we're getting any!
    Me: Customer service says this store will receive 4...
    Manager: How would they know if I DON'T!?
    Me: It is supposed to be a popular item, they are tracking the units so customers don't have to call every store and bother the staff. They did this with the Nexus 7 last year.
    Manager: (red faced) I SAID NO, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED, that's it!
    Me: Thank you for your time and helping me understand this store's " new policy" ( I sweetly smiled)

Well...2 cashiers and an the person in electronics were red faced and embarrassed but TODAY I got a tiny bit of payback

I walked into the store at 10:00AM and asked for a PS4. The cashier looked at me in horror and whispered "we can't sell until tomorrow, the manager said so!"
    A bit taken aback at the sillyness...Saturday si 20x points day. The store will LOSE a fortune giving away points on items like this. I confirmed this with electronics and the manager smiled at me on the way out. I pleasantly returned the smile. BUT I had a plan! Misfortune can be turned into fortune...

CSR: Thank you for calling Shoppers Drug Mart, how may I help you?
    Me: Hello Store X won't sell me a PS4...they have 4 and the flyer says AVAILABLE Friday? I'm a bit slow can you please help me understand?
    CSR: (sharp intake of breath) ONE moment Sir! Please stay on the line!
    CSR: (One minute later) We're dealing with this now...please bear with us.
    CSR: Please call the manager, there is a unit available for you right now.
    Me: You are fantastic, I really do get confused sometimes! Thanx for your help!

Manager: Yes...blah speaking
    Me: Hallooooo ( oozing charm) This is (me obviously) I understand Head Office helped clarify things?
    Manager: (hisses) Yesssss
    Me: I'll be in tomorrow morning to pick up the unit as I am in work now, I'm excited to use my coupons and gift cards and earn 20x's the points!
    Manager: yaa, see you tomorrow

hahaha!

$400.00 is 80,000 optimum points lol
    28,500 optimum points from gift cards

Wow 108,500 points! That should be about $230 ish for mega redemption!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would have liked to see that, seems like you added dramatic tension with the manager, must have been funny.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

CurEus: I love it, good for you, thats awesome.

SavvyLady: Thanks for the detailed breakdown, That was some great planning.
    Last edited by QueenH; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried to be as pleasant and unassuming as possible. This is the store I go to most often and I have a good rapport with the cashiers, cosmetics and electronics departments. I was a bit miffed but decided that it is my responsibility to be polite and to TRAIN this new manager (and bring her to heel). I will continue to try and "kill her with kindness" but she knows that Head Office is just a quick call away if we "need" clarification.

Of course the Regional manager is 2 calls away but were not there yet

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    I am hoping to buy one tonight after midnight for tomorrows 20X event. I have a few 24h stores close to me. I am hoping it will work and even if not the PS4 will only cost me about $160 total OOP. With or without the 20X points it is a good deal for me!!
    Yes, it's a very good deal.
    Can you please let me know if you get both 30% off and 20x the points? I don't have the % off coupon but I have a get 18750 wus $75 and I want to use it tomorrow (It may not work but I am going to try it once).
    nash0109 likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I was a bit miffed but decided that it is my responsibility to be polite and to TRAIN this new manager (and bring her to heel).

ROTFL!!!! That is hilarious, wtg!

kimijeen likes this.

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CurEuS - that, was awesome!! Nicely done!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, it's a very good deal.
    Can you please let me know if you get both 30% off and 20x the points? I don't have the % off coupon but I have a get 18750 wus $75 and I want to use it tomorrow (It may not work but I am going to try it once).
    I will post all info if I am able to get it. I have a feeling that I may have trouble finding a SDM with a PS4 in stock but I am going to try!!
    The_Scarecrow and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was at my local store today and they told me they were already sold out of the two ps4 units they had in stock! I was surprised this sold fast seeing as this store isn't busy or that popular at all.
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah, only at SDM!

Okay I see you used the 20x coupon, I got 1 too. But my concern is you already got a $10 GC which is a sdm promo so they can deny awarding the 80000 points later bc you can't combine promos.

The only difference I see in getting the PS4 today is the $10 GC, if you wait till tomorrow
    you will get the 20x right away vs waiting weeks for the points to be awarded. (But then again they may sold out of PS4)

I need to get a laptop $350 and can't figure out which is better deal bc my math sucks. Get it on a 20x tomorrow or wait for potential mega redemption ($210-$250 range).
    I have done this before and have received the pts, if it was a 20x day I could not have used it but when it's a gc day, like double double when you get $10.00 SDM gc and a $$10.00 Tim Hortons card, or like yesterday just the $10.00 gc since these promotions are for everyone, you don't need an optimum card to get the gc you can use the 20x or 18,500 when you spend $75.00. Also, a cashier told me as long as the coupon works at the cash you will get the pts..I have used a coupon before and the system would not take it..if for some reason they don't give me the 80,000 pts head office would certainly be getting a call, I would take 80,000 pts over $10.00 any day!! Just to let everyone know I went back to SDM since I told everyone about my deal everyone wanted one, well they were all gone !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information