User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 50% off PS4 at SDM !! Yeah!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    It's a great way to rack up points. But the title is quite misleading when you aren't getting anything 50% off. You are getting points that are worth a future amount valued at about 50% of what you spent. EX. what are you buying with those points later? Let's pretend you'll get games with them... If so, let's simplify the math and say you have enough points to redeem 240$. so you buy 6 games with that.

So for ~400$ + tax, you will have a ps4 and 6 games. Someone else goes to future shop right now and spends 640$ + tax for the exact same thing. Doing that math, you're getting ~1/3 off.
    Hi my calculations may not be technically or mathematically correct but to me I'm definitely getting 50% off, maybe not at that exact moment! The PS4 was $452.00 including taxes, I will get, without mega redemption, a little more than $225.00 dollars from pts I can use this to buy milk, eggs, bread or Stocking stuffers, whatever I want..Tell me if there was anyone else yesterday at Future Shop, WalMart who bought a PS4 (if they could find one) if they got $225 to spend however they want!! love my SDM!!
    peachies likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    Actually they probably won't let you combine 20x with the 30% off coupon.... it says on the coupon "not to be combined with other offers"
    It's hard to know how all the offers work..I know with the 10x,15x, and 20x it indicates not to be combined with any shoppers drug mart optimum offer, so since the double double gift cards and the $10.00 gc are not SDM optimum offers you can do both. With the e-mail offers and mail offers I've been doing a lot of shopping when they have the double double days plus I had the 18,500 pts when you spend $75.00. One time I spent about $76.00 received the 18,500 pts which is like $25.00, got the 2 gc $20.00 plus I had $10.00 in coupons, so I got $76.00 of merchandise for $21.00!! I hope SDM doesn't read our sites Lol !!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Hi my calculations may not be technically or mathematically correct but to me I'm definitely getting 50% off, maybe not at that exact moment! The PS4 was $452.00 including taxes, I will get, without mega redemption, a little more than $225.00 dollars from pts I can use this to buy milk, eggs, bread or Stocking stuffers, whatever I want..Tell me if there was anyone else yesterday at Future Shop, WalMart who bought a PS4 (if they could find one) if they got $225 to spend however they want!! love my SDM!!
    You're calculations were perfectly ok, its just a little different than saying I got 50% off. What you have is 50% of the value to spend however you please later. I am not trying to say you're wrong or that this isn't the greatest deal, etc. I think SDM is awesome and it's the only way to buy these type of items no doubt! Just like you said, future shop isn't giving you an extra 200+ bucks to buy games, etc after buying the ps4! I guess my point was that you've spent 450$ for ~670$ worth of stuff. I am a just bit of a math geek lol - just like pointing this stuff out
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

tried one store this morning, sold out. I'll try another one later

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I just did the rounds starting at 9 am and hit 7 stores all sold out yesterday.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone is looking for the PS4 in Nova Scotia, the New Glasgow store still had one as of half an hour ago... they had two and said no one really seems to be looking for them today... weird.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have called just about every store in Toronto and they are all sold out. I am just praying that they restock before my 30% off coupon expires on Dec. 2!!!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Looks like they're not kidding about the quantity of 2 ps4 per store. Bummer!
    nash0109 likes this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Got a PS4 this morning. The store had 9 and there were only two of us waiting in line for them. Used my 30% coupon plus a $10 card I received last week. The cashier told me I would not be getting the 20x points but I sure did!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Went this morning at 9:00 to picked up a PS4 for my son.. Bought $450 in gc will get 28,500 pts, used a 20% off coupon I got in the mail for another 80,000 pts plus I got a $10.00 SDM gc for spending over $50.00!! almost 110,000 pts using on mega redemption to get games etc..well over $250.00!! Love my shoppers!!

nice score
    Last edited by greenbaido; Sun, Nov 17th, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I'm waiting for mega redemption to do mine. All my points were earned from the bonus points GC offer (so completely free) and if the rumors about mega are correct then it will be $250 off the $400 price tag.

*fingers crossed*
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The 30% off coupon expires Dec 2 so if anyone gets to use that coupon plus a mega redemption they are laughing and very lucky.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    The 30% off coupon expires Dec 2 so if anyone gets to use that coupon plus a mega redemption they are laughing and very lucky.
    Yes I thought about that one too. This makes me think that the mega redemption has to be after that coupon is expired. Imagine that, you could get $355 of free stuff using the coupon if the mega is $250.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I am able to use my 30% off coupon on mega redemption I will be sssoooooo happy!! I am not willing to risk the amazing deal of the 30% off coupon combined with the regular 95000 redemption though. If I find a PS4 at SDM before then I will buy it regardless of point promo at the time. I will get a PS4 for $150ish OOP and that is fine with me!! I am just praying that they restock!!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    If I am able to use my 30% off coupon on mega redemption I will be sssoooooo happy!! I am not willing to risk the amazing deal of the 30% off coupon combined with the regular 95000 redemption though. If I find a PS4 at SDM before then I will buy it regardless of point promo at the time. I will get a PS4 for $150ish OOP and that is fine with me!! I am just praying that they restock!!!!!!
    Now that the launch date for the PS4 has past do you think you would be able to pre-order and pay for one at your store? No harm in asking..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information