User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Completely loosing it with SDM right now!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I think after Christmas redemption I am sooooo done with SDM!!!!!!

So I went to do my 20x shop this morning. Everything all planned out. Manu. coupons, personal coupons, What i was getting down to the dollar thanks to worz! Should mention I also went to the same SDM i go to EVERY TIME these is a 20x event, and NEVER had problems once!!!!

Anyways I go to pay and and as Im walking out I notice there are no bonus points! So i went to talk with a supervisor, who said, "Something isnt right" after I told her what happen. We took all my things and coupons and did refunds 4 times before the system would allow me to get my 20x points!!!!

1st transaction- we redid the whole thing thinking the cashier messed up
    2nd transaction- we took out my xxx pts wub xxx
    3rd transcation- i dont remember I was sooooo frusterated
    4th time- I finally just said "screw it" just give me all my coupons back in ring in my stuff!!!

So needless to say I had to walk out of SDM with $53.67 oop and 10200pts just so I will have enough points at Christmas redemption!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what were your coupons. You spent 53.67 after tax without coupons, maybe some of the coupons put you under which was causing the problem? I don't think this is a big deal, nor any reason to start calling out SDM and saying you won't shop there... Trust me, you'll be back. Even if it was a total glitch, its still the best program. The supervisor said something wasn't right. Be glad they actually took the time to fix it for you.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I guess it's because of those personal coupons. Usually it states sth like 'not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion or coupon'.
    It's 20X event, besides u have manufacturer's coupon. the system may not be able to figure out. I used only manufacturer's coupon and those VIB coupon. The transaction went smoothly.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i thought personalized coupons code didnt count towards the $50
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry you had such issues!

I successfully used a 8,000BP WUS $30 on food and snacks coupon with 20x the points - but only because my total dropped below $50 after manufacturer coupons (the cashier wouldn't have scanned my BP coupon other wise, so sometimes it's nice to have cashiers who don't know the coupon policy)! I earned 18,000 points today (my total was exactly $50.89 before coupons for the 10,000 points).

But yes, personalized coupons for $$ off or that make a product a set price DO NOT count towards your total. So if it's $4.99 regularly and you have a personalized coupon for $2.00 off or buy the product for $2.99 - the points will be based on the $2.99 after price (so only 20 points instead of 40).

Not sure if that was your issue or not though.

Edit: Got my totals from my shop wrong
    Last edited by luckbealady; Sat, Nov 16th, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
    r0c0upons and PammieD like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The personalized coupon doesn't count, only manufacturer coupon and the xxx pts wub xxx can be combined with the 20x offer. I have done it many times and got both offers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I shopped today and handed the cashier my products and she rang them all in. My total before taxes was $50.18 I saw on the screen I could have earned 10,000 points with an optimum card. Then I gave the cashier my manufacturer coupons and it still said 10,000 points even though my total was now less than $50. Then I handed the cashier my personalized coupon for 75 cents off and cashier hit total. Then the screen said you could have earned 490 points with an optimum card.

So I asked her to void the personalized coupon and the amount of points went back up to 10,000.

So if you used any personalized coupons to lower your total before tax to under $50 that is why you did not get bonus points.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The reason why personalized coupons don't count towards the $50, is because they are essentially no different than a "sale" on an item. A $5 regularly priced item could be on sale for $4.50. Or it could be marked as $5 and there could be a "personalized coupon" from Shoppers for $0.50. In either case, it is Shoppers controlling their sales/promotion which is why it won't count towards you total. This is the same reason why on the above example, you will pay tax on $4.50 on either a sale or a personalized coupon from Shoppers. However, assume that something is selling for $5 and you have a 50 cent manufacturer coupon. Under this scenario, the manufacturer coupon is treated like cash. So although the cashier enters 2001 and the coupon value before totalling the bill, the 50c coupon is considered the exact same was as you pulling 50c out of your pocket and paying cash. This is why under the manufacturer coupon example, you pay tax on the full $5. This is also why, by law, Shoppers has to give you the bonus points once you hit the $50 or $75 minimums BEFORE manufacturer coupon, because they are still collecting the exact same amount of money. The only difference is they are collecting some from you and some from the manufacturer.
    Sunraven, dizzyb, Decaf and 10 others like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

^^^^excellent explanation
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Sorry for the rant yesterday.I was just so upset. I missed pointing out the fact that on the last 20x day I used a personalized get 8000 bonus points wub $xxx and it worked no prob. As well as using manufacure coupons. Come to think about it I even posted a brag about it. But yesterday I went through and it seemed like even my manufactured coupons weren't being allowed or good enough!
    luckbealady likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Sorry you had such issues!

I successfully used a 8,000BP WUS $30 on food and snacks coupon with 20x the points - but only because my total dropped below $50 after manufacturer coupons (the cashier wouldn't have scanned my BP coupon other wise, so sometimes it's nice to have cashiers who don't know the coupon policy)! I earned 18,000 points today (my total was exactly $50.89 before coupons for the 10,000 points).

But yes, personalized coupons for $$ off or that make a product a set price DO NOT count towards your total. So if it's $4.99 regularly and you have a personalized coupon for $2.00 off or buy the product for $2.99 - the points will be based on the $2.99 after price (so only 20 points instead of 40).

Not sure if that was your issue or not though.

Edit: Got my totals from my shop wrong
    Cashier would not give me the extra 8000 points for shopping $30 in food, said it couldn't be combined with the 20Xs.......... lucky you!!
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harriet loeyr View Post
    Cashier would not give me the extra 8000 points for shopping $30 in food, said it couldn't be combined with the 20Xs.......... lucky you!!
    Like I said, the only reason she let me is because my total dropped below $50 after my coupons - she informed me because it was only $42 that I would not be getting the 20x the points and could use the coupon. Sometimes not know their own policy turns out to be a good thing!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ah, that's too bad.

Hopefully you feel better today, though, because the RIDERS WON!
    scbpooh likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Did they maybe type in the coupons as 2002 instead of 2001?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

really? scbpooh is THE POOH which is to say that she is the sh*t as in she knows her stuff when it comes to maximizing sdm and points it IS a big deal as it wasted HER time . My two cents worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    what were your coupons. You spent 53.67 after tax without coupons, maybe some of the coupons put you under which was causing the problem? I don't think this is a big deal, nor any reason to start calling out SDM and saying you won't shop there... Trust me, you'll be back. Even if it was a total glitch, its still the best program. The supervisor said something wasn't right. Be glad they actually took the time to fix it for you.
    scbpooh likes this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information