Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Kyles_Mama
  • 3 Post By Tbites
  • 2 Post By CrazyQT
  • 2 Post By couponmummy
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 1 Post By Kyles_Mama

Thread: Coupon use and gender discrimination?

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

So for the second time now out of two attempts poor DH has been given a hard time using a coupon and a cheque together for Similac formula. I have done this probably a hundred times for two babies over the last few years and never a problem. What are the odds that out of the two times I've sent DH to do it they've tried to refuse him both times (I broke my leg so he's been doing the shopping)

Do any other men have problems couponing?! Is it because he looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and they can just make up the rules and he'll just go along with it? He's not an avid couponer he's just had to pick up the slack while I'm injured so maybe he has that deer in headlights look?!

I feel bad for him bc he doesn't like using coupons in general and always gets a hard time. Ugh!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    kidsteph likes this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I think it's also that unlike us... the men are unwilling to argue.

If I take a moment and think back.... there's been numerous times when I've had to stand my ground as to the eligibility of a coupon, whether by explaining the "one per purchase", or clarifying the product details or showing a cashier or mgr their store's coupon policy. In contrast... the most my boyfriend is willing to say is "My girlfriend told me to buy item X with this coupon" LOL

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My hubby will argue until the cows come home when it comes to coupons. I've taught him well. He's pretty confident when it comes to using coupons. He's watched me too many times to not know.
    abbasgirl and Momof3girlies like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    My hubby will argue until the cows come home when it comes to coupons. I've taught him well. He's pretty confident when it comes to using coupons. He's watched me too many times to not know.
    You described us to a "T".
    Momof3girlies and CrazyQT like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My husband and son have had no problems at all using coupons, and they both shop a fair bit (my son more).

Hope you heal up quickly!
    Kyles_Mama likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your leg OP, hope you heal up quickly. As for men using coupons, my dh doesn't do it often either, but if he ever is questioned, he'll speak his mind, he like to save money too! He's been with me enough times to know most of the rules.
    Natalka and Kyles_Mama like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Ya surprisingly both times he held his ground! He is one of the quietest people I've ever known and quite shy but when he's confident that he's right he doesn't back down

Before we got together he had never used a coupon or cared to start but over the last couple years he's learned the ropes and enjoyed reaping the benefits of coupons and point programs.

I'm proud of him and luckily he came home with the goods lol but it frustrates me that he's doing something thats already out of his comfort zone and cashiers are making it even more uncomfortable. He asked if there's a policy he could bring in case he runs into trouble but I don't think I've seen a coupon policy that outlines the rules for coupons and cheques :-S
    abbasgirl likes this.

est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Oh and thank you for the well wishes! It was a pretty bad injury and I'm probably not going to be walking independently for a few more months :-S

Join here:

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

To all the husbands, boyfriends, sons and grandpa's out there that are willing to use a coupon.....I salute you. My husband is fantastic but no way no how would I ever get him in a check out line with me while I use one let alone go solo with a coupon! He's perfect in every other way so I'm good but you ladies are very lucky.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

DH is a good shopper.....he knows all the rules lol......better than me, i think

P.S. wishing you a fast recovery...
    Last edited by Mia001; Mon, Nov 25th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Thread Information