• 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By bhlombardy

Thread: FutureShop and Best Buy Canada -- on the naughty list

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For the past month or so, FutureShop has been advertising the Breaking Bad Complete Series set for $169.99 "price valid until November 28th"

That's the best price available anywhere... unfortunately, you couldn't pre-order it. It was not technically possible. So, I've had it in my cart waiting for the moment I could order it. In fact, I even checked last night, and it was still $169 -- and in my cart. But still couldn't order it.

Today, the day before it's released, they jacked the price up to $179.99. So much for being valid until Nov.28th.

Oddly when you search, the results show the $169 price, but when you click the item, it's $179

While not a huge hike, it's dirty pool.

Best Buy Canada has done the same thing (but not surprising, it's the same company)

Attachment 203278
    This thread is currently associated with: Future Shop
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Nov 25th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Contact them and see what their explanation is - fight for it.
    mulock, majormom, Judyhill and 1 others like this.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Give their customer service a call. They should be able to proccess your order correctly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Call their customer service. That's dumb
    mulock likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually managed to pick it up in store for $169. I explained that it was $169 advertised for a month online - with no ability to "pre-purchase". The clerk went to the media-dept manager who came over and said that I should have ordered it when it was on sale. I re-explained that I couldn't. The system wasn't taking pre-orders and it just released today.

I showed them the above screen shot, and they called the manager (I presume who was in his office) -- and he said "no".

After the dept manager walked away, the clerk PM'd it anyway. Her logic was this "you have a screen shot that shows the price... Walmart would have PM'd it based on that, so I'm not going to let you leave and buy it there"

BUt I wouldn't count on it happening at your store.
    nessa23 and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great clerk!

I hope she doesn't get in trouble, but her explanation is completely logical - and honestly, for the $10 difference they would have lost a sale over $100.
    nessa23 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New news... FS has a VIP event tomorrow night, and all TV and Movie box sets are 20% off... so $179.99 - 20% = $143.99

So, I'll be going back.

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

so they are going to be selling it for cheaper than the 169.99 anyway...that manager was a jack@*%...

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    New news... FS has a VIP event tomorrow night, and all TV and Movie box sets are 20% off... so $179.99 - 20% = $143.99

So, I'll be going back.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalqueen View Post
    so they are going to be selling it for cheaper than the 169.99 anyway...that manager was a jack@*%...
    Indeed -- to follow up, I DID return today. The media-manager (or so I thought the other day) is who served me at the customer service desk today.

I went and asked for my price adjustment... I said "on Tuesday I was told that the VIP sale wouldnt apply to this set, but learned later that it does. I'd like the price corrected for the VIP sale today." (FYI, she was the one who told me that, but I didnt lay blame). Then she showed me the price on her POS at $179 and said "it's more now than you paid on Tuesday" -- strongly implying that the $179 price was the VIP price. I said "yes, it is $179... the 20% VIP discount comes off of that, so it will be $143... which is less than what I paid on Tuesday". I had a feeling that she was about to argue with me that the $179 price *was* the VIP price, and decided not to.

Then she made it a point of saying that she'd have to do a full return and THEN ring it up again (as if I wouldnt be bothered, all of a sudden). I said that would be fine, and thanked her for doing it.

She was attempting to block me from simply applying the price guarantee policy that the company provides. It was as if SHE owns the company and was losing money out of her own pocket.

Anyway, I got it done... so I walked away paying $143.99 + tax (not the advertised $179.99 +tax) and an extra $30 in my pocket

... and I wasn't even being a jerk about it. I asked politely and I thanked her when she finally did it.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Nov 28th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
    alex78 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I now it all worked out nicely, but I would maybe contact HO about your experience.

Obviously some customer service training is in order, and if it had been me going through that experience, I would just not bother shopping there again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not surprising.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looking for Fast and the Furious Series !

Thread Information