User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Young and stupid - Need Advice.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreefree View Post
    OMG, I never thought that you have to pay to file bankruptcy. Crazy.
    If you can't afford one, you can look up the Government's Bankruptcy Assistance Program.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreefree View Post
    OMG, I never thought that you have to pay to file bankruptcy. Crazy.
    It's a good thing that people can't file for bankruptcy so easily! Guess who pays for those who have spend beyond their means and then file for bankruptcy....the money has to come from somewhere.... I see far too many people spending like there is no tomorrow - eventually this will catch up to them. It's important as parents to set a good example for our children and help them keep track of their budget for a time. People seem to be too busy nowadays to raise their teenagers properly and they scream at the schools for not teaching money management skills. It's the parent's responsibility - not the schools. Let the school teach math and let the parent's teach their kids how to USE basic math! It isn't rocket science that one has to spend less than they earn and save for the future.
    secheltsaver likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree, Momof5boys, that it is a parents responsibility to teach their kids money management. Having said that, I do think that very often kids don't think that their parents know much. I think that if there was a compulsory basic money management class at high school, there is bound to be at least one kid who gets it. Many kids are more apt to listen to their peer group and so the money management discussions might be more apt to sink in. (Just my 2 cents worth)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Perhaps you have some valuable items at home you can sell and use for living money, while looking for employment. If you choose, there is an excellent online marketing opportunity that I'm using right now and making money at home from using social media only, I'm 27 and I have a 6year old son.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

also look up gail val-oxlade on youtube she has great advice for trying to get out of debt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information