User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: So Mad at CT Auto!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Many years ago I took my vehicle to a Canadian Tire as all I needed was a quick oil change. That was my first experience with CT as a garage, and absolutely my last. I figured it's just an oil change, the most basic of all maintenance, what could possibly go wrong?
    How could I have doubted the incompetence of CT? They didn't thread the cap on properly, so oil went everywhere when I drove it. *rolls eyes* Never again.
    I've also had bad experiences with dealer mechanics (not all dealer mechanics, mind you. My Honda mechanic was awesome.) Took my Elantra to the Hyundai dealer on a regular basis for maintenance and repairs. Maintenance was fine, but they were a bag of hammers when it came to diagnosing repair issues. I had already experienced some questionable repairs, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back: I suggested that my alternator needed work based on what I was hearing, but they insisted it was something else (of course, I'm female, how could I know?). Within DAYS my alternator blew, requiring a tow to the mechanic. Repairs at my expense. I had also previously brought it to them for a coolant flush, noting that there was a leak. They did the flush, but didn't bother to check out the leak. Minutes after I got home, I noticed coolant streaming down my driveway. Back we go! "Oh, it's just a rusted clip. Two bucks." Yeah, it's just two bucks, but really? YOU should have covered that minor expense.
    Then my alternator started making noise again, and I complained as they had just "fixed" it. They had a look and insisted that the noise was because my brakes weren't properly repaired (surprise surprise, I had had enough and found another mechanic to do the work). Went back to my new mechanic who confirmed the noise was due to improper installation of the alternator, wrote up a report for me to bring back to my now "fired" mechanic to fix their shoddy job. It was like pulling teeth, but Hyundai did eventually admit that they had used the wrong type of bolt to install the alternator. No kidding. For my trouble, they offered me 3 free oil changes. Ok, I'll take that, thank you! Went for my first free oil change a few months later, "I'm sorry, we have no record of that on our system" (but took my word for it that time). WOW. Garbage of epic proportions. (btw, could you tell my car was getting old? I have since tossed it.)
    Moral of this story, don't let CT anywhere near your vehicle, and if you live in Kingston, stay far far away from the Hyundai garage.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Some dealers are now getting smarter and want to keep their customers by offering excellent customer service at reasonable rates. I never thought I'd say that after years of car ownership.. I purchased my current car from Henley Honda , they are amazing to deal with.. they will even pick up my car, take it to be serviced and bring it back to me. their fees are comparable to other garages around here.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Well I got my car back tonight. There is a nice new shiny (well not really) windshield on it! I couldn't believe how well I could see out of it!!! Obviously they cleaned it up after installation but I'd love to know what kind of magically chemicals they used on it as it was like driving a completely different vehicle! They also did my rear view mirror cleaning and that too, like brand new.

Just happy that they fixed everything as they were supposed to and lesson learnt that I won't be leaving my car overnight or even to CT ever again.

Thanks for sharing all the stories guys.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Wow! So shocked at all the horrible experiences! I wish I had of known for sure.

I need to invest in a basic auto lessons for women class wherein it shows you how to change a tire, oil, lightbulbs and windshield blades.
    Glad to hear they replaced it for you!

To basic auto lessons I would also add changing & boosting your a battery, and changing air filters/cabin filters! The mark up on filters is outrageous and usually it is as simple as removing your glove box (push clips in and pull) for the cabin filter, and taking off a couple screws for the engine air filter
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Glad to hear they replaced it for you!

To basic auto lessons I would also add changing & boosting your a battery, and changing air filters/cabin filters! The mark up on filters is outrageous and usually it is as simple as removing your glove box (push clips in and pull) for the cabin filter, and taking off a couple screws for the engine air filter
    Oooh yes, filters too! Not too concerned about learning the whole battery thing as thats what my cell phone and DH's CAA membership is for
    beckie.c likes this.

micahsmom
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I always go to costco for tires. They change them while you shop and the warranty is unbeatable. CS at costco is always good if you have any issue. CT is the worst I have also had bad experiences there
    Smart Canucks is my fav
    RLF GTG points!!!!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kdahl27

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

A little update - I had to go back because they installed my wipers wrong. It seems they took off the whole arms/wiper from the car and then put them back on except they set them too low and so the drivers side one wasn't wiping as far to the left and the passenger side one was hanging off the edge of my windshield and making a thumping noise everytime I used it.

They readjusted them and they are fine now but its just like enough already you know?
    francine1985 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    A little update - I had to go back because they installed my wipers wrong. It seems they took off the whole arms/wiper from the car and then put them back on except they set them too low and so the drivers side one wasn't wiping as far to the left and the passenger side one was hanging off the edge of my windshield and making a thumping noise everytime I used it.

They readjusted them and they are fine now but its just like enough already you know?
    Glad it all finally worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information