User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Shopper's Nov 30/Dec 1 redemption brags w/pics!

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not just my thread! Post yours here, too!

Here's my pic! (Only things that didn't come from Shopper's was the crossword puzzle magazines and two novels at the top. They were from Rexall, using Air Miles. Also pillows are not included lol)

This whole pic was FREE STUFF. Only taxes paid, and 6 chocolate bars are missing (explained below).

BIG deal of the day: The Energizer Lithium batteries were on sale for 50% off. Original price was $11.99 each, sale price $5.49 each (2-pk). I had 7 $5 off coupons. Total for all 7 packs was $3.43!!

First redemption (includes batteries above):
    2x Turtles 9.99 ea after coupons
    3x Folgers k-cups 5.49 ea after sale and coupons
    4x Mars chocolate bars 1.49 ea, but 2 free after coupons (2 missing from pic as the kids ate them FAST)
    2x Terry's chocolate oranges 4.49 ea after sale and coupons
    After Eight straws 3.99 after sale and coupons
    Advil Liqui-Gels, FREE after $4 coupon (sale was $3.99) PLUS $3 from checkout 51
    Life Brand Electrolyte freezer pops $8.99 after student discount
    2x Egg Nog 1.99 ea (sale)
    2x Chocolate milk .99 ea (sale)
    Tortillas 1.99 (sale)
    2x Fisherman's Friend 1.49 ea
    1 bag of Halls 3.49
    2x large Toblerone 5.99 ea (sale)
    Relaxation CD 9.99
    3x L'Oreal kids shampoo 2.88 ea (sale)
    Angry Birds/ Barbie Advent calendar 1.99 ea (didn't know was on sale)
    2x milk 3.97 ea
    iPhone charging cable 20.99 (not in package because I had to use it to charge my phone for this pic lol)
    Scotch tape 1.00 (didn't know was on sale)
    2x Get brand tape 1.49 ea
    Elizabeth Arden "Pretty" perfume $63.00
    FREE bag (the big red one on the left) with purchase of perfume
    Total 209.74; redeemed for $210; paid OOP $29.30 in taxes.

2nd redemption:

32 various chocolate bars. (I am making a chocolate bar bouquet for grandparents)
    I used my $10 card that I got from a previous promotion.
    Total was $35.70. I redeemed for $30 and paid OOP $5.70 in taxes.

4 Chocolate bars are missing from this pile. The cashier had to suspend my transaction because some bars were on sale and I didn't know, so I had to go back and get some more. She moved on to the next customer, however accidently put 4 of my bars in her bag. They tried to run out after the woman, but she was gone. I told the cashier to just put them on my bill anyway and we'll call it a Christmas gift. The cahier told me no, no a few times, but I said to do it anyway. Her supervisor was there and they decided they'd go ahead and do that, but they would "pay" me in 1000 bonus points and two goodie bags of samples for my good deed. To be honest, I didn't think it was much of a good deed, but it felt good to be able to clear that up with no sweat.

$35.00 OOP at Shoppers Drug Mart. At the end of today's redemptions I earned 1620 points.

(The books from Rexall cost me $6 in taxes)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus, Apple, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by CanadianCouponCollector; Sat, Nov 30th, 2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: I have OCD.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

was there a sale on chocolate bars?
    ssbean, sdddmd and Frugal Lisa like this.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

lol some were 2 for $1.99. 3 or 4 were .99 ea and the rest were 1.49 each.
    ssbean, sdddmd and Frugal Lisa like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

uh oh, egg nog on sale? i'm in trouble.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I redeemed 3 times and got about $720 in stuff. Gifts, stocking stuffers and groceries.
    Insane, ssbean, r0c0upons and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I redeemed twice @ 95,000 points. My first super big redemption! I should have taken a pic before I put it all away, but I got:
    Perfume gift set for my MIL
    6 packs contact solution (I actually got these 50% off. Their stock person put the sticker in the wrong spot. So I got these $5.50 each, reg $13)
    4 L'Oreal kids shampoo
    2 kids toothpaste
    4 face wash
    2 Nail clippers
    1 toothbrush
    4 packs diapers
    6 royale tissue
    2 packs Oreo
    2 packs Ritz
    3 packs Life Flavoured water
    5 boxes chicken wings (rare treat for DH)
    2 boxes chicken nuggets
    2 packs milk
    2 face lotion
    2 bubble bath
    1 teen pack (razor, shaving cream, deodorant, body spray)
    2 packs 12 duracell batteries
    various chocolates and stocking stuffers

I'm sure if I had more coupons I would have saved more, but for my first time I think I did pretty darned good! OOP was $32 and of course I used my Shoppers gift card from the gift card promotion!

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

here are pics of the redemtions i did for the kids. dd is a high end make up freak, and my son is a gamer. the closest shoppers to me is a 24 hour one so even though i was there at 8am the game he wanted the most was gone how ever i did order in on amazon and got 10x the air miles. i also got my self a nikon coolpix camera for $149 giant box of quality street, nivia gift pack, turtles and a big toblerone. pretty happy with my 3 redemtions. Name:  redemtion 009.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  44.7 KBName:  redemtion 010.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  52.9 KB

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

DH got a Wii U with Mario game.....not the one he wanted ( Zelda was his choice).....only did 1 redemption
    other shopping
    got a Free perfume gift box with my Lise Watier vip card, was 61$ Worth 80$ + 2 super beautifull champagne glasses at PJC
    + got a winter coat @ 20% off at Claire France

on side, i lost my walki-talki .....phone where i thought i lost it but ,of course, they didn't find it..... sure,i lost my money wallet last year and gess .....of course , no one found it...........it seems that honest'people are endangered species now-a-days

oh boy! do i hate shopping ?.....maybe if i a was unable to go by myself, i'd think differenty....
    sorry for the long story....what a journey it was for me...( it reminds me a Shania Twain song)
    self note: don't trust yourself....always doube check everything
    Last edited by Mia001; Sat, Nov 30th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is the pic for my 10 redemptions. I have one left for Sunday. Yikes, I am pooped big time.Name:  005.jpg
Views: 1831
Size:  84.5 KB

We started a bit late, my son who is studying for his SAT subject tests wanted to come for video games. We drove to Peterborough and shopped at 2 SDMs. Then Lindsay, then dropped son off; then Port Perry, then Uxbridge, then Newmarket and Aurora.

It is frustrating when stores are out of certain items and I need to modify my shopping. And the prices are always off, so my totals make me go back to grab items. And I had a supporting crew of 2 helpers!

Well now that SDM has had 2 $210 Christmas Redemptions; I will no longer hoard my points for Christmas - rather do strategic gift shopping throughout the year, during the $220 redemptions, and save just a few points for Christmassy items.

- 12 various video games (PS3, XBox, 3 DS, PS Vida) and Playstation M card
    - conair curling iron
    - 3 perfume-cologne samplers (2 men, 1 woman)
    - 6 digital sony picture frames (I bough 8 last year....great gifts)
    - eye sampler, 2 Burberry perfume-cologne
    - toys for the toy drive and toiletries for the back pack charity events
    - sony eReader and asus tablet (for school auction event)
    - Nexus tablet, wireless speakers and wireless headphones, and docking station
    - 2 books, magazine
    - TomTom GPS
    - lots and lots of boxed chocolates and single bars
    - milk and chicken noodle soup!

Here are my pics from the last 3 years. 2011 was a small SDM shopping year as we spent 4 weeks travelling through Australia at Christmas. This year we are traveling to Costa Rica (leaving Dec 24th....all Aeroplan redemptions, btw) and not really celebrating Christmas this year.

Name:  sdm 2010.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  37.0 KB

Name:  sdm 2011.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  sdm 2012.jpg
Views: 1583
Size:  307.2 KB
    Last edited by kidsteph; Sun, Dec 1st, 2013 at 12:20 AM.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Wow!!! I can't top that one kidsteph -- that's AMAZING!!

But (no pics sorry), I was so happy with 2 redemptions and hubby and I just spoiled ourselves which is nice to do after a really tough 2 years.

I got:
    Urban Decay Naked 2 Pallete
    Urban Decay Blush
    Smashbox Bronzer
    Physician's Formula lip gloss
    Physician's Formula shimmer eyeliner (so beautiful)
    Almay CC cream combo pack
    Nair hair remover (ugh...gotta get it)
    Toblerone bar (YUMMMMM!!)
    Revlon candy cane nail polish

Hubs got:
    Natural Cleanse kit
    Braun trimmer
    Bluetooth portable speakers
    Bed Head hair wax stuff
    NHL book
    John Grisham book
    A couple drinks lol
    Kitchen tongs...yeah.....weird lol.

It was so much fun! We have 8 SDMs that were closer than this one, but this was the only one that had Urban Decay and I really wanted that pallette! Good thing we live in the GTA, so it was only 15 minutes away anyways!

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did on their shopping sprees! Can't wait to use all my new goodies!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

This was my first redemption ever!! I only had 50k to redeem, but I think I did very well anyway! Here is my list:

2 Christie cookies $1.77 each
    2 tape (dh wanted to wrap gifts tonight) $1.49 each
    2 sun maid raisin bread $2.99 -$1.50 coupon (not sure why it came off as $1.50, I thought it was a $1 coupon)
    2 chocolates for my sons principles $3.99 each
    1 packing tape (for shipping gifts out of town) $2.99
    2 magazines (for dh and I, we never buy ourselves anything) $5.99 each
    2 milk $3.97
    1 ds game for our son $9.99
    grown ups movie $7
    3 hair detangler for our dd $2.88 each
    Shick hydro gift box $16.99
    2 fructis $2.88 each (-$2 each)

and I bought myself Burberry perfume that I have been wanting, it retails for $60+ and I found it for $19.99!!
    Last edited by Frugal Lisa; Sat, Nov 30th, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I just did one redemption this year and was a little more practical than my usual frivolous self at this time of year.
    Got some gifts done for free which is always a bonus and used some coupons that were going to expire.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I've done 2 and I'm going back today for the 3rd. Hubby did his 1/2 one yesterday.

I too, won't be hoarding my points as much I think. But it is exciting doing so many at once! I was super disappointed in the selection of chocolate/stocking stuff. Eventhough there are better ones throughout the year, I usually only do the odd one throughout the year, keeping the bulk for christmas. But my SDM had a very poor selection of bagged chocolates (like the kisses, peanut butter cups, ect...) They didn't have any life saver books this year. So I'm still going to have to shell out some money at Walmart that I hadn't really planned on to get those things for their stocking.

Been stocking up on health and beauty items. Won't need any shampoo/body wash, ect... for the rest of the year (not to mention all the toothbrushes and toothpaste I got).
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I did a 50,000 yesterday, got some stocking stuffers and a couple small gifts. I did 38,000 this morning and bought game for grandson, finally found store with them. But best redemption of all was with my Son we did a 50,000 for groceries. Came to 106.51 before taxes and I used $10 in coupons. So for $7.08 we got 116.51 in groceries. It filled his trunk. We both had so much fun, think we will make this a Christmas Tradition. It usually falls on his birthday weekend and it was great spending the time together.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did 50,000. for 105. - no pic got: 1 Nivea Crème, 14 Purex laundry, 4 pk of Coke,1 Bounty, 5 Advil Nightime, 1 huge jar of Almonds, Bag of Peanuts, big bag of Pistachios, 3 Albacore Tuna and a Kraft PB = paid 14.00 for the taxes and had received the get back 16000 points so free - so much fun!!! HoHoHo
    coupon girl, ticul, pdaaat and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information