• 8 Post By RamenQueen
  • 3 Post By L-M
  • 5 Post By coupon girl
  • 3 Post By ColleenMGorecki
  • 6 Post By Anna Michele
  • 5 Post By HeatherWake
  • 4 Post By MillieH
  • 1 Post By cath007

Thread: Small RAOK turns into HUGE praise!!!!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

So we went to RCSS today for groceries and noticed a clearance rack with the Kraft PB Honey on clearance for $2. I thought thats awesome with my $1 coupons so we grabbed a couple. Then i see a lady on the other side of the rack grabbing a couple. Since the coupons expire Dec 31 I thought I would pass a few on.

Well... This lady graciously takes the coupons then notices my coupon bag! All of a sudden she looks at me and says "your one of those major coupon ppl, arent you?" I said, Yep all the time! She then proceeds to want to know where I get them all, how do i accumulate so many, ect ect. So i start telling her about us here at SC as well as a few other couponing sites. eg:save, websaver, ect.

Next thing i know shes reaching in her purse and pulling out a business card and says "Call me and we should do coffee. I would love to know more about the how's, where's ect!" So ok I take her card but was kinda leary.

Then we run into her again near the check outs and she says "I gotta ask, what is the best shopping trip youve ever had, savings wise?" I said it depends where were shopping. Here, WM, Target, LD..." Shes says oh so you even watch where all the best deals are?" I say "of course, and instead of bigger shops once a month, I do smaller weekly shops based on that weeks flyer deals!"

By this time this lady was totally and completely under my coupon/deals spelling and wanting to know so much! She had to hurry along but shes said "You have to call me, I need to know more!!!!!!!" Then we parted ways.

I still have her card but Im really leary phoning a complete stranger to talk about coupons and what i do! Ive never came across someone as interested as her!

It felt AWESOME to have someone so interested in it all but a little creepy at the same time!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Websaver, Target

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great find on the pb!

Cool to find someone also interested in couponing... but I wouldn't be calling a stranger.
    Maybe you are braver than I!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We are all strangers at first, aren't we? We would never make friends otherwise. I wouldn't feel creeped out since she asked to do coffee which would be in a public place. You could always go with your DH and have him wait elsewhere so you have an "escape" if she turns into a weirdo

L-M
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Or you could just talk on the phone. If she is that interested she will have 101 questions for you that you can answer by phone...no creepiness involved. If it were me, I'd love to learn more by phone, wouldn't have to be in person.
    cath007, MillieH and oscarandme like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

know what -I met anna Michele that way(actually from on here) (people at my work were leary)but hey we are good friends(coupon and I go to her house also)I also met a new friend in target we approached each other talked about couponing then met a few weeks later at tim hortons(but of course both women were smart canucks members)
    cath007, MillieH, Venuila and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I would call her. What do you have to lose. She gave you a business card and you never know who she is. Maybe she has connections to some really good coupons. You can always block your number if you want, but do call her you might be surprised
    cath007, MillieH and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Call her, call her, call her ive met quite a few people n the grocery store i always approach them telll them bout sc and tell them to ask for me remember when you first startd all the questions you had i think its a great way to meet new people

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

POOH, totally call her!! Nothing to lose, only a couponing friend to gain!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I would call her and really enjoy sharing with someone who is really interested.. its so fun.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Awesome deal on the Peannut Butter and Lucky you to have this coupon,I never had a chance to find it
    oscarandme likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh yes please call her, we have met so many people and all walks of life while shopping. Some just curious and others are in need of knowing. She seemed pleasant to you? maybe bring a friend along to meet her, I understand your concerns but if you have a back-up and meet at like a mall of Tims' and set a time for an hour and see how it goes. But you follow your instinct.

Thread Information