User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Public Washroom Pet Peeve

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    Just want to say that you don't want to visit Asia. Many public toilets are just a hole in the ground....
    Many places that are off the tourist map have hole in the ground toilets. I've used them in Greece and Italy as well as parts of Africa. One time in France I went through the door marked "Femmes" and found myself in the same area as the pissoir as well as stalls.... That was ....strange to say the least.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

FYI.....most people don't wash their hands properly and then stick them in those dyson type dryers then when you go to use them it blows all of their germs over you.....you should always stick to paper towel.....which is my pet peeve...washrooms that don't offer paper towel.....
    pippinelkhound and GoJays like this.
    ....just be happy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ah the first one! - peeing all over the toilet seat and not cleaning afterwards! That's my greatest pet peeve. Some people are too gross enough not to bother to clean it up before leaving.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

water is icy cold or boiling hot
    not enough water coming out of the faucet, takes forever to rinse off the soap.
    big gap between door.
    creepy holes on wall or ceilings, makes me wonder if there's a pinhole camera installed in there.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'd like to add stall doors that open up only an inch away from the toilet bowl!

Where the heck am I supposed to stand to close and open the door, if the thing is almost hitting the toilet itself?!?

About those super powerful dryers that make your skin move - I actually love those. Never thought much about the noise for kids/babies, but I love that it dries my hands so fast.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
    FYI.....most people don't wash their hands properly and then stick them in those dyson type dryers then when you go to use them it blows all of their germs over you.....you should always stick to paper towel.....which is my pet peeve...washrooms that don't offer paper towel.....
    YES!! If there isn't any paper towel, I'll use toilet paper. And don't forget to use the paper to open the door.... you don't really think that everyone washes their hands, do you?
    Mia001 likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krrosell View Post
    My biggest pet peeve is people on cellphones in the bathroom. Happens at work all the time and I see it in public bathrooms as well. Cant you stop talking long enough that others dont have to hear bathroom noises?
    Yes! it's not like some-one pees in a pot plant during a very important business meeting rather than excuse themselves and I fail to see what's romantic with the subtext of the call being I'm having a dump and thought of you.
    Ciel, momgoneawol and wolfwoman like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

no toilet paper. Which is why I now carry a roll with me. DH thinks I'm crazy.
    momgoneawol likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Pocket packs of tissues should be in everyone's pocket/bag/ or coat.

Malls that have been renovated have mostly removed washroom doors and used curving entryways to provide some privacy. Cleaners with those bulky carts must be relieved not to have to pry a washroom door open, then back up with a cart to gain entry.

Older stores that have not really kept the washrooms updated during store makeovers still have the doors and older fixtures that may have the too cold/too hot water options or the two separate handles for the faucet that you have to twist and hold...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

And this is why I go in my own bathroom... lol. The only bathroom I truly trust is my own.

I hate public bathrooms. I'd much rather pee outside.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And Alberta is proud of their truck stop paradise...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10...n_4066560.html

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I went to Cora's today and one of the stall's toilets had toiler paper ALL over the seat. Which I`m all for - but for eff sakes FLUSH IT
    I don`t want to touch the tissue your ass is on.
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Noticed that some fast-food chain washrooms vary in terms of stall space. Sometimes the stall wall for a regular stall is at a different distance than the fixed wall that lines up behind it. In other words, in a cramped stall, I almost got an elbow dinged on the fixed wall because I had to squeeze to one side in order to close the stall door. Yesterday's adventure...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

People who leave a stall, fix there hair and makeup and leave, without washing their hands
    Walking into a stall and realizing that the last lady to use it probably has missed more than one of her baths for the week *pewwwwwwww* - Unless you are homeless I don't understand that.
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information