User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Stamps Going Up To $1 In 2014 - Start Buying P Stamps Now!!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I honestly thought it was an April Fool's joke when I read the headlines on MSN webpage today.
    I swear they've been cutting back on home delivery service already....we never seem to get mail on Mondays....and now Fridays as well.
    I can understand cutting back on daily service, but to cut it out altogether all at once....I dunno....and the cost of stamps going up is really shocking.
    Guess I won't be sending (as many) Christmas cards next year.....
    coupon girl and hijinx25 like this.

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Ooh hum bug. Two things come to mind - coupon trading just got a little more pricey therefore we will need to trade more bang for our buck and secondly, gone are the war letter writing days when a handwritten note in the mail was so joyous to receive - I suppose there will be less love notes floating around too - good thing for sexting .... I mean texting.
    ericaraina and savingxcess like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just bought 100 at Costco. The guy in front of me bought 2000, yes that is 3 zeros. They were 59.99 or thereabouts for 100 stamps
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The executives and the top brass should be in for big bonuses and pay increases , I guess ..the lower employees & the customers will suffer as usual

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

On the news - Canada Post says effective immediately, "the sale of new permanent or 'P' stamps will be suspended until the transition is successfully completed."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep, they've pulled them everywhere I've checked. I put some on hold on at Rexall this morning and the lady called me right back and said sorry, manager says we have to pull these. My local Costco had a whole bunch when I checked this morning but they might not be selling them anymore as well. Would have been a great stocking stuffer!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I asked for a couple books of P stamps at Rexall this morning and the lady tried to give me $0.63 stamps. After explaining the difference she finally found 2 books but said there wasn't anymore more. I'm guessing they pulled them and accidentally left some behind.

I decided to go to Costco and was able to get a roll of 100. The cashier told me they sold most of their stock within the past day and that they hardly had any left.

I think I have 140 or so, I'll save them until the increase goes into affect but honestly when they are gone so are my trading/train days. It just won't be worth it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ridiculous!

It's one thing to raise the amount so dramatically, but to pull them all so people can't stock up? I'm wondering if there is a consumer advocate group that can do something about this.
    harbie, hcao, Poirot and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

pretty much they will just pull the P stamp from the market and bring it back when the rate changes.... if they took away the P stamp and expected people to pay additional postage ontop of the P stamp they would have an uprising on their hands.. it's bad enough they are upping the rate something stupid but screwing people both ways only creates bad blood

personally i think they should keep the P stamp on the shelf.. and let people stock up.. give them a chance.. yes it will skew data but it would help ease the transition

https://twitter.com/canadapostcares/...25158859644928
    Last edited by Midnightly; Fri, Dec 13th, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
    luckbealady likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is it too later or can I still get some?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My local SDM Post Office give me 10 packs of 63 cents stamps instead of P stamps that I asked for. Discovered it right afterwards on my way to parking lot. Go back ask for P stamps, they said they all pulled out 2 days ago, then ask for refund, the cashier in the post office say NO RETURN on stamps. Go home check the web site, find out that is a LIE. Call Canada Post they confirm there is no reason to refuse a refund with receipt and stamp packs intact. Go back again to ask for refund and tell the post office person what I found out and ask her to call Canada Post to get assistance on how to do the refund. Eventually, she go to the stock room take out 10 packs of P stamps to exchange for me. though still not get money back, but I get my P stamps.
    The lesson is not to be easily deceived by these people. Always find out the answer from the original source.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Picked up 2 rolls today at Costco picking up 3 more tonight.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i picked up 1 roll at costco.. i'm not going to go crazy...1 roll... 100 stamps should last me 1-2 years i don't do massive amounts of trading and i don't feel the need to buy a lifetime of stamps in one go (you never know what might happen to them afterall...they might go MIA-my mom is STILL hasn't found the safeway gift certificates she bought 8 years ago)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I should probably get around to buying some stamps too. Well, at least we will still be able to use permanent stamps.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
    Referral Links:
    Join DropBox!! If you use my referral, you and I both get 500 MB of BONUS Space!! http://db.tt/NIYNqSB You can get up to 16 GB of FREE SPACE! Read all about it!
    iRazoo, Really easy to earn rewards! http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser...y=alphiehoward

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Post office stopped selling P stamps already. They should have limit 1 pack per person instead of pull all the P stamp off the market.

Speaking of stamps, big company get corporate discount rates for mailing junk mail. Rogers forced their customers to sign up for paperless bill or to shell out $2 per month for paper bill. Then they keep sending junk mails every month...so much for help saving the environment.
    Last edited by Decaf; Sat, Dec 14th, 2013 at 12:58 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information