Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I am not suprized....

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

Good for your mom. Yesterday I was hoping to cash in on my sunlight stacks but I called and asked who was in customer service. It was Gita so I turned the van around and went to the mall.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

S.Com LD - yup there are customer service people at that store who make up their own rules...and yeah she reads off a sheet but they have their own interpretations of what they are reading! I honestly think this person is now using a different name tag - some of the customer service people are very good at this store as well and should not be lumped in with the poorer ones. There is definitely some training and re-training required at that store as well as some attitude adjustments.

Ripple Effect of Kindness Blk_rose's Avatar
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I am REALLY new to couponing and even newer to stacking. only done it twice...but had to leave 9 times with no products because of ill informed cashiers on wording. I ended up losing over 300 in free products july 31 because 51 and south common claimed my wording was off..yet i used the same ones twice before in wem without a hitch. VERY FRUSTRATION not to mention deterring for a newbie. Just when I get confidence ..i am told i am clueless and is wasting too many peoples time. SIGH

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

Someone actually said you were wasting peoples time?

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

yup ..customers behind me in customers service lines..and one cashier who was reported

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

That is just horrible!!! Good on ya for reporting the cashier... One lady standing behind me once was moving from foot to foot rather impatiently. She wasn't rude but she said, this is taking so long is it even worth it just to save a few pennies. When I got my bill I said... " I saved $106.00 today. What will you save? It's worth it to me" Both of us were really nice, not rude or anything but it still bothered me that she would ask me that. Some people are stupid.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

sometimes i think i would be better off (look wise) blending into society ..lol. I even notice when i play dress up in lonbg sleeves and take out piercings i have better shopping days. Mind you its ironic since i like the way i normally look and got it to prove never judge a book by its cover. Most ppl are shocked when they meet me the first time after knowing about my project in edmonton lol

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Gita must have something going for her as she is still employed. Perhaps she knows the manager, cashes out well, works crazy shfits...whatever there is something that allows the manager to keep her.

On one hand I don't understand how managers can justify keeping rude clerks. There are lots looking for work especially a retail job with consistent hours.

One the other hand...consider whether any of this is worth clerks losing their job. For some it might be for others it might not be.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I had no problem stacking last night at LD at Castledowns.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I also went without one issue at WEM ..some guy names William was so easy to work with. PM diapers to shoppers and babywipes and off. paid 3.91 but that was for my sons starwars toy he picked out. Was so nice ..worth the drive..even if it takes me 40min

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    I had no problem stacking last night at LD at Castledowns.
    was it a guy or girl at cs..i never have good luck with the guy..and he is ALWAYS there when I go

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everytime i go to London Drugs ,I always go to Gita at customer service.She is wonderful.nice,helpful and always has a great attitude. I also work at customer service at a hardware store and you have to understand that cashiers who care about there jobs follows rules and when customers complain to the manager the manager will most often side with the customer even if the manager has to break rules to keep the customer happy. When managers break rules it is fine but when cashiers break rules they get in trouble. I have seen and heard how managers do not back up cashiers when they follow the rules(i have been through this situation numerous times). Managers will say and do whatever to make the customer happy even if the customer is from hell. When it comes to Gita just because a couple of people complain about her doesn't mean she's a bad person or hates her job or has a bad attitude.At the end of the day she is always nice and helpful. In most cases its the other crazy couponers that ruin it for the rest of us.Plus we are only hearing one side of the story, we dont know what the other side of the story is. Before customers even complain or bad mouth cashiers they should know what it is to work as a cashier or any job in retail.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Sorry coupon 101, it's not just an isolated incident. There are now 9 people I know of who have had the same problems with her. I am very particular about following the rules and make sure I know exactly what they are before I start. If I am told a policy has changed, no problem. It's an invalid coupon? No problem. Treating me like something she stepped in because I have coupons in my hand? Problem.

I know there is often a dichotomy in the way managers handle customers and how they allow their staff to do it. Knowing this, why not ask a manager's assistance if you believe they will be able to satisfy an unhappy customer? You could also have a frank discussion with your manager about being able to make certain allowances and exceptions yourself as long as they will have your back. I have a very clear line at work, the focus is 1. safety, 2.customer service, 3. "the rules", if it doesn't cause a safety concern, we will do almost anything to make it a positive experience. The limits are, of course, legality and the reasonableness of the customer.

In this case, however, Gita's standard appears to be her own convenience. This is unacceptable in any customer service job. It is the antithesis of customer service. I have spoken to managers at that store, and her actions in these cases do not meet LD customer service standards.

On monday, I took my mother back to that store to talk to Lovi, a supervisor, he was great, he apologized, let us know that a discussion had been had with Gita. He SCOP'd a case of the water for us, and we did some more shopping in the store. We did have to go to Gita to pay, as we had a pricematch. She was very good. I will qualify this by noting we only had one price match and one set of coupons. Lovi's actions and the better experience with Gita will encourage me to go back again.

I try to be polite and respectful to everyone, as can be attested to by several other SC members who have shopped with me.
    I don't believe it is badmouthing to inform others of potential problems, nor is it inapropriate to inform management of an employees poor performance.

As far as not knowing what it is like to work retail? Been there, done that. To this day I work in a customer service focussed job. Do people have bad days? Absolutely. I would never say anything about one or two incidents 6 consecutive negative experiences reveal a problem that needs dealt with.

I am glad that there are people out there who have not had any problems. It is never pleasant to have a conflict. You should let LD know when you have exceptional customer service from someone. I am finding they have a very quick and responsive feedback system to their employees. The next time I go through Gita with my coupons, if she is pleasant and easy to deal with, I will let the management know that I am happy. But just as one bad experience does not rate a complaint, one neutral experience does not rate a compliment.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I dealt with her in the past too and although she was a bid stand-off-ish at first she was really good once she realized I was following the rules and not trying to pass off any coupons with bad wording on it. I would have no problems dealing with her again.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon101 View Post
    Everytime i go to London Drugs ,I always go to Gita at customer service.She is wonderful.nice,helpful and always has a great attitude. I also work at customer service at a hardware store and you have to understand that cashiers who care about there jobs follows rules and when customers complain to the manager the manager will most often side with the customer even if the manager has to break rules to keep the customer happy. When managers break rules it is fine but when cashiers break rules they get in trouble. I have seen and heard how managers do not back up cashiers when they follow the rules(i have been through this situation numerous times). Managers will say and do whatever to make the customer happy even if the customer is from hell. When it comes to Gita just because a couple of people complain about her doesn't mean she's a bad person or hates her job or has a bad attitude.At the end of the day she is always nice and helpful. In most cases its the other crazy couponers that ruin it for the rest of us.Plus we are only hearing one side of the story, we dont know what the other side of the story is. Before customers even complain or bad mouth cashiers they should know what it is to work as a cashier or any job in retail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information