User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: Giving brag - SHARE YOURS HERE

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    My husband and l donated to 6 families so far this year and we give them 6 months supplies of non-perishable goods. We get the names from our low income housing. We ask for the age of the head of the household and sex, the age and sex of each of the children and then give them gifts for that age. We have spinning toothbrushes for girls or boys games, coloring books, crayons and others goodies that l pick up whenever they go on clearance. We give them also 6 months of laundry soap, soaps, shampoos, cleanings and other things that l can stack at London Drugs. l would rather do for other than myself as l don't need much and it has changed my husband so much to see the tears in the people that are getting our gifts every year that housing now calls year round whenever their is a family in need
    What a great way to find the perfect family to help out as Im sure many people are to shy to ask for extra help some maybe even to proud to go to the foodbank. God bless your heart.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    ColleenMGorecki, ticul and momi like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Though I no longer celebrate Christmas, helping others at this time of year is something that I wish I could do, but unfortunately I'm not currently in a financial position to be doing so. However, for those of you who have been paying it forward, I would like to say thanks. When I was kid, for many years my family received Christmas gifts and groceries from the Salvation Army, and it is something that I won't ever forget. We never went without on Christmas, thanks to the donations of people like all of you

EDIT** - Come to think of it, it was "Goodfellows", not Salvation Army. However, it is the same concept; donated goods were given to my family to help out my single mother of 3 at this time of year.
    Last edited by sun_shine; Fri, Dec 20th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Earlier this fall my neighbour was going threw hard times financially, so I brought her over to my house. We picked out 3 grocery bags of food for her to take home. She has three children and a dh that isn't all that helpful. Her youngest is 10 months older than our ds, so she often brings over bags of clothes and toys that her last child no longer needs. I love baking, so I drop by her house with goodies whenever I bake.

My present is almost ready for this neighbour. I plan on delivering it this weekend. The box includes: dog treats, cat treats, wet cat food, cereal, Duncan Hines cake mix, jello mix, big bag of Skittles, rice crackers, 3 boxes of Hamburger Helper, fish crackers, Christmas card with a family photo in it, home made truffles, and home made oatmeal Smarties squares.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 21st, 2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Added 3 boxes of Hamburger Helper to the box.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Thats great. We all go through hard times and know how great it is to have someone unexpectedly think of you.

sweetmomma and ticul like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought 150 cans of various soups to be donated to food Bank through the Fire fighters hall

Bouhght the cans at $1.00 and got a 1000 points for each can, so it did not cost me a thing yet I'll be making a difference a long the line.

Name:  Soup-queue---Andy-Warhols-008.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  37.2 KB

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by azevedo View Post
    Bought 150 cans of various soups to be donated to food Bank through the Fire fighters hall

Bouhght the cans at $1.00 and got a 1000 points for each can, so it did not cost me a thing yet I'll be making a difference a long the line.

Name:  Soup-queue---Andy-Warhols-008.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  37.2 KB
    Thats great and live the pic

ticul likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gentle reminder to everyone,

with all the money we save from smartcanucks, even if some of us are in debt paying off mortgages, student loans, remember most of us have a lot to eat in the night, a bed to sleep on and lots of material goods that we don't need to survive with. So please be extra generous this year because we all need to help eachother out!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Free coffee deal, 99 tins.

Gave 49 to my son's school , 40 to the Haitien church across the street from his school (they are sending it down there), 6 to my DD's school, 4 to a friend who collects inserts for me

71 pictured here

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Free coffee deal, 99 tins.

Gave 49 to my son's school , 40 to the Haitien church across the street from his school (they are sending it down there), 6 to my DD's school, 4 to a friend who collects inserts for me

71 pictured here

Amazing so happy to hear they are sending in down to Haiti super awesome and very generous

Season 40 Winners At War

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Nothing big like everyone else, but there's more to come.

Donated 20 cans of soup to a donation bin outside of Loblaws.

Last week I handed out a pack of PC cookies to a homeless person (I received them at Loblaws for the cashier not asking me if I had my PC card. I didn't need them. So while I was stuck on the Highway, I handed it over to someone who was asking for money and food).

Keep on giving!
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by acosta View Post

Nothing big like everyone else, but there's more to come.

Donated 20 cans of soup to a donation bin outside of Loblaws.

Last week I handed out a pack of PC cookies to a homeless person (I received them at Loblaws for the cashier not asking me if I had my PC card. I didn't need them. So while I was stuck on the Highway, I handed it over to someone who was asking for money and food).

Keep on giving!
    It doesn't matter the size of the donation; the thoughtfulness and compassion that compels us to donate is what truly matters. Those 20 cans of soup will feed 20 people a meal that they may not have had otherwise

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This year I had a holiday party for the homeless youth and youth otherwise in difficulty that I work with. We had a nice dinner and afterwards I gave them some basic but very portable cooking supplies, a watch, and soaps/lotion/shampoo. The watches were 100 dollars plus and the batteries still worked. One of the girls cried and said she'd not gotten a gift in 5 years. They all said it was amazing. Another girl said it was her best holiday ever...since before her mom died which she didn't remember. Now I didn't buy these goods, I requested them. It felt pretty great to give it away.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandolinatou View Post
    This year I had a holiday party for the homeless youth and youth otherwise in difficulty that I work with. We had a nice dinner and afterwards I gave them some basic but very portable cooking supplies, a watch, and soaps/lotion/shampoo. The watches were 100 dollars plus and the batteries still worked. One of the girls cried and said she'd not gotten a gift in 5 years. They all said it was amazing. Another girl said it was her best holiday ever...since before her mom died which she didn't remember. Now I didn't buy these goods, I requested them. It felt pretty great to give it away.
    I would love to give to such an organazation of troubled youths!!! if you know any thing in Mississauga please send me a note!!!!

Frank
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is our sweet Anna Michele, I am not surprised, always helping with your big heart. Thank you for sharing and helping when help is needed.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    That is our sweet Anna Michele, I am not surprised, always helping with your big heart. Thank you for sharing and helping when help is needed.
    Awe thanks Oscar

Season 40 Winners At War

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information