User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Canada Post Rant

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I paid $25 on Dec 16 to have my parcel sent to Florida in 4 days. Tracking site says delivery expected Dec 21, even though that was 3 days ago and they haven't received it.

Yes I should have mailed it earlier but I paid extra for the 4 day shipping. The complaints lady was very nice but said "they will get it when they get it"

The storm had nothing to do with this shipment. It sat in Mississauga for 3 days.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky777s View Post
    The complaints lady was very nice but said "they will get it when they get it"

The storm had nothing to do with this shipment. It sat in Mississauga for 3 days.

i would have said "how would you have liked if someone said that about your paycheck"
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I'm beyond mad at CP (for various reasons), this season their delivery has been down right awful!

I love that their cashier told my kids they could write to Santa and get a letter back. DD was so excited! We sat down the next morning and she wrote her own letter (was super proud since she's in JK and some letters are hard). We sent before Dec 1st, it's now December 23rd and still no letter (our mail has already came). If its not here tomorrow I'll have to write one out myself. Thanks for telling my kids about the program and then not bothering to follow up. Way to let children down CP! It's one thing to let me down (as an adult customer) but to let down a 5 and 2 year old?

I know its not the cashiers fault but its just one more thing that makes me shake my head at them. It's getting ridiculous!

Anyway, I'd file a complaint and get my money back OP. 21 days is INSANE!
    When I was in University one year, we actually wrote the letters back to kids who wrote to Santa (we volunteered and met up in a room in my dorm). I'm not sure where the letters came from though - they might have just been from a local school.
    tjthemanto likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krrosell View Post
    So i mailed a parcel on December 14th to my family in Nova Scotia. It normally takes 5 business days for the package to be received so I though 8 business days would be enough since it is close to Christmas and Canada post is moving mail on the weekends. According to the tracking information the package sat in Mississauga for 7 days! When I first mailed the package the person at Canada post told me it would be delivered by December 23rd, when I tracked it online it gave expected delivery on December 24th. A week later it is now saying January 1st! Somehow my package went from taking 10 days to 21!!!!!! I am astonished, no wonder the company is losing money. I am definitely not using them again next year! And also January 1st is a holiday so it wont be delivered that day anyway! Can I file a complaint, especially since i was first told it would be delivered before Christmas? It is insured and everything.

2013/12/21 10:26 MISSISSAUGA In transit
    07:27 MISSISSAUGA Item processed
    2013/12/14 09:06 BURLINGTON Item accepted at the Post Office
    I guess , depending on how it was sent , you might be entitled to a refund ..only applies to some of their shipping products though.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/per...e_delivery.jsf

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Plus their Mississauga facility is at Dixie & Eglinton , very very close to the Toronto Airport ( Pearson ) ..in fact that's one of the reason CP has that facility there ( proximity to the airport )

So your package should have been on the plane within no time.

To the best of my knowledge their Mississauga plant is there biggest & one of the most modern postal facilities ( modern machines , almost fully automated & stuff like that ) , so if at all anyone should have processsed it in time , its this plant , I guess.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mississauga is a black hole, they may claim it is the most modern but in reality you are lucky if your parcels make it out of there

I have 3 sitting there that had guaranteed deliveries of Dec 20-24, none of them even made it to the local facility so won't get here today. All sent Xpresspost or Expedited so CP will be refunding them all - no wonder they are losing $$
    Another 2 are sitting at local delivery facilities undelivered since 23rd, ok you are busy you didn't get here on the 23rd but not on the 24th either?

I don't buy into this higher than normal volumes, it is Christmas, of course you have more parcel volume!
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

2013/12/24 10:43 HALIFAX In transit
    08:09 HALIFAX Item processed
    08:06 HALIFAX Item processed

It has now made it to halifax, 13 days after I mailed it.... ughhh... so over christmas parcels!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

At least it is getting there and not lost
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Name:  cpsucks.PNG
Views: 1544
Size:  40.7 KB
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  wowza.JPG
Views: 486
Size:  27.8 KB

then on the other end of the spectrum, here's something I chose standard free shipping on when I ordered...
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Standard shipping for most businesses is Expedited (cheaper than reg parcel if you have a business account), Miss-Ottawa would be one day
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Standard shipping for most businesses is Expedited (cheaper than reg parcel if you have a business account), Miss-Ottawa would be one day
    Ive never received anything that fast before. I just ordered it yesterday and the estimated delivery was jan 3!
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krrosell View Post
    So i mailed a parcel on December 14th to my family in Nova Scotia. It normally takes 5 business days for the package to be received so I though 8 business days would be enough since it is close to Christmas and Canada post is moving mail on the weekends. According to the tracking information the package sat in Mississauga for 7 days! When I first mailed the package the person at Canada post told me it would be delivered by December 23rd, when I tracked it online it gave expected delivery on December 24th. A week later it is now saying January 1st! Somehow my package went from taking 10 days to 21!!!!!! I am astonished, no wonder the company is losing money. I am definitely not using them again next year! And also January 1st is a holiday so it wont be delivered that day anyway! Can I file a complaint, especially since i was first told it would be delivered before Christmas? It is insured and everything.
    The cutoff date this year for guaranteed delivery before Christmas within Canada this year was December 11. I mailed my parcel on December 11 to go to BC and it got there on December 24. I've never had a parcel arrive on time after I'd missed that cutoff date. This year I didn't gamble and I ended up winning.
    Last edited by GoJays; Sat, Dec 28th, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
    CrazyQT and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

and on the other side of the coin, this one will come days early
    Name:  cpearly.PNG
Views: 763
Size:  41.8 KB
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I had a Canada Post employee show up at our door at about 11 am on Christmas Eve. I opened the door. "Oh, there is someone home," he said, "I've got a whole SH**load of parcels for you. (Pardon my French) We have to deliver everything today. I'll be right back."

He had four packages, and only one (ordered from the US) was expected before Christmas. The other three, two Scholastic orders I placed just before the holidays, and one Book Outlet package, certainly could have waited. I'm sorry to hear that the service has been so slow for the package you sent!
    DianneS likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information