User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Laser eye surgery.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    my mom's eyes were similar to yours - one eye has perfect eye sight and the other is almost blind. She had her eye surgery about 3 years ago and it was covered through blue cross. We have an eye clinic here at one of our hospitals and she got it done there. Most common complaints after the surgery from her and my friends are brightnes/glares in natural sunlight. So you have to wear sunglasses everytime you go outside.

Really? Wow. That would be the least of my worries. At least I would be able to see haha

Thanks for the input
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Candini, you really should see an optometrist, regardless. They check for eye health, not only for what your prescription is.
    Things do change with age, unfortunately.... and I don't mean 'old', either.

There are also a variety of laser procedures, so you need to do some research on that. Some are better than others for particular conditions.
    Sorry I meant you dont have to see an optometrist for a referral, I was assuming she goes to an optometrist every 2yrs as recommended.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by linnyeg View Post
    Sorry I meant you dont have to see an optometrist for a referral, I was assuming she goes to an optometrist every 2yrs as recommended.
    Nah, I should definatly go. I called my eye doctor and they still had my name on file as when I lived with my parents LOL. Probably like 5 years ago.
    linnyeg likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    my daughter and her husband both had it done 6 years go she got it done at lastik m.d (I think she paid 2,800something like that -and its a life time warrenty) she is having problem with one eye they will redo it-her hubby has no problems

-I myself have cateracts-at an early age (54) so will have them removed -so same as laser eye surgery-only free for me as is a medical surgery-I will be getting it done in a few months -and i have had glasses since I was 9(oh had contact for a few years also til I scatched my eye) then went back to glasses
    Cataract removal is not performed via laser surgery. Phacoemulsfication is what the process is called. Its a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia, the cataracts broken up and washed away. The scratch you had probably quickened the cataract's development.

Depending on which province you live in, you may have to pay or the lense your opthamologist implants

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i also had it done 13 yrs ago...the laser institutein Hamilton, was $2000- I wish i had done it sooner. i remember feeling nauseas during the procedure (should have taken a gravol) they slice the cornea partially & fold it over while they use the laser, then fold it back,,,it sounds gross, no wonder i was nauseas.....lol
    my vision is fine. except at night i have a halo effect when i look at street lites or anything bright, i still need glasses to read small print (im 54)
    Candini likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My husband had PRK laser eye surgery years ago. His prescription kept getting worse and he needed new glasses every year. He had the surgery done 13yrs ago. He is only recently starting to notice a small problem with the one eye. He may need to go back in a couple of years to get PRK again. It will only cost him about $700 because his eye is healing, which is not very common.

There are 3 types of eye surgery.
    PRK (at the front of the eye) - has been around the longest
    lasic (as the back of the eye) - fastest healing
    an actual lens being put into your eye

It is very important for a person to go to an eye centre to get an assessment done. They will give you recommendations after doing a special scan of your eye.
    Candini likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    i also had it done 13 yrs ago...the laser institutein Hamilton, was $2000- I wish i had done it sooner. i remember feeling nauseas during the procedure (should have taken a gravol) they slice the cornea partially & fold it over while they use the laser, then fold it back,,,it sounds gross, no wonder i was nauseas.....lol
    my vision is fine. except at night i have a halo effect when i look at street lites or anything bright, i still need glasses to read small print (im 54)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My husband had PRK laser eye surgery years ago. His prescription kept getting worse and he needed new glasses every year. He had the surgery done 13yrs ago. He is only recently starting to notice a small problem with the one eye. He may need to go back in a couple of years to get PRK again. It will only cost him about $700 because his eye is healing, which is not very common.

There are 3 types of eye surgery.
    PRK (at the front of the eye) - has been around the longest
    lasic (as the back of the eye) - fastest healing
    an actual lens being put into your eye

It is very important for a person to go to an eye centre to get an assessment done. They will give you recommendations after doing a special scan of your eye.

You two made me cringe and get goosebumps. Damn it. Can`t they put you to sleep and do it?? Maybe I`ll have to medicate myself lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to want laser eye surgery when I was younger. I hated my glasses and wore contacts every day (usually for much longer than the recommended 10 hours). Now that I'm older I don't really want the surgery anymore. I like how glasses give you a 'sophisticated' look, and there are so many wonderful frame styles out there now. I have a pair of red ombre-style glasses and another pair in tortoiseshell with little rhinestones on the edge. And I can still go without glasses if I chose because I keep contacts on hand at all times. So many options!
    pippinelkhound and anisa like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information